View Poll Results: Which one should win?

Voters
537. You may not vote on this poll
  • Astros

5 0.93%
  • Black Darkness

18 3.35%
  • Blue Triangle

3 0.56%
  • British Theme 1

1 0.19%
  • Chromatic Neon

49 9.12%
  • Classic Techno

2 0.37%
  • Empire Theme

10 1.86%
  • Engraved

10 1.86%
  • Fat Thumbs

4 0.74%
  • GTA

0 0%
  • GTA2

1 0.19%
  • iNav Beta 1.0

213 39.66%
  • iNinja

112 20.86%
  • iPhone Nano

17 3.17%
  • Jarrod's Theme

2 0.37%
  • Landscape Vista

8 1.49%
  • Las Vegas

2 0.37%
  • Mac OSX

11 2.05%
  • MattLeon

5 0.93%
  • Mushroom

17 3.17%
  • Orangewave

4 0.74%
  • Post-it

3 0.56%
  • QOS

1 0.19%
  • Redbull

1 0.19%
  • Resident Evil Maximum

8 1.49%
  • Sunny

6 1.12%
  • WiFi Batman

13 2.42%
  • Wilcox iPhone Theme

11 2.05%
+ Reply
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Check out the Themes. Install. Enjoy. Vote. MMi Theming Contest

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
is everyone.. like online waiting for the results.. or it's useless.. to wait at such an early stage, cause here it's like 10:15pm and tomorrow i gotta catch the bus
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is everyone.. like online waiting for the results.. or it's useless.. to wait at such an early stage, cause here it's like 10:15pm and tomorrow i gotta catch the bus at 6:30 am .. to go to school ..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 344 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobkooney View Post
    Really lightmaster?? Cause I whole-heartedly agree. It should have been removed from the polls as soon as it was clear it didn't even meet the requirements of being in "proper Winterboard format." But people were voting for it without even trying it because it looked "new and different" in the screenshots and so it took 40% of all votes. Most didn't even attempt an install and it is a JOKE it is even on Cydia because it is not in proper Winterboard format so it can't install from Cydia. It still has ZERO downloads while the themes that deserved to be in 1st or 2nd place in this contest have well over 10,000 Cydia downloads after just two days of being available on Cydia. Those being iNinja, and Resident Evil Maximum. The reason iNav did so well was because rather than releasing all the themes on Cydia simultaneosly to the web release, the Cydia release took two days after the initial release causing people that were already having to SSH themes to their phones only choose to SSH one or two, thus they made the decisions on which ones to vote for based off of screenshots and most didn't even bother with the SSH'ing. The whole thing was fairly rigged from the beginning due to this fact. Basically forcing people to spend a whole bunch of time SSH'ing themes over to pick the best, or just choosing what they thought should win based on screenshots. So therefore, most went the easy route and based their vote ENTIRELY off of screenshots. Very unfotunate side-effect of not having the themes on Cydia simultaneously.

It's actually not anyone's cup of tea on Cydia reeco...
    You have no idea what your talking about mate, lots of people have downloaded it from cydia, but there is a problem with the download amounts. And that is according to Jay. So before you go babbling about my theme and how no-one is downloading it. Grow up and stop wining. I'm smothered with people telling my how good the theme is and looking for help, so you obviously have no idea how popular it is, do you!!!!!

Its people like you that make me think I've wasted 2 weeks of my life working on something i'm not even getting paid for, just for idiots like you to come out with remarks like that. But then again your probably a child with nothing better to do than make silly little comments on the internet.

Once again thanks to everyone that has voted for iNav and that continues to support my project.
    Last edited by reeco; 03-24-2009 at 03:20 PM.
    Twitter: @reecouk

Thanks

theres a problem when trying to download ininja from cydia, it worked fine for me installing it manually, but i tried installing it on another iphone trough cydia and it gives error size mismatch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeco View Post
    You have no idea what your talking about mate, lots of people have downloaded it from cydia, but there is a problem with the download amounts. And that is according to Jay. So before you go babbling about my theme and how no-one is downloading it. Grow up and stop wining. I'm smothered with people telling my how good the theme is and looking for help, so you obviously have no idea how popular it is, do you!!!!!

Its people like you that make me think I've wasted 2 weeks of my life working on something i'm not even getting paid for, just for idiots like you to come out with remarks like that. But then again your probably a child with nothing better to do than make silly little comments on the internet.

Once again thanks to everyone that has voted for iNav and that continues to support my project.
    Nope Your totally right Reeco!!! I'm a friggin moron!!! I don't know how you found me out!

I notice though that even as frustrated as you are at 'people like me' you still didn't address the fact that it is still 'not in proper Winterboard format.' So I'm not surprised you get all kinds of e-mails from people asking for help to install it.
    Last edited by bobkooney; 03-24-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

This is ridiculous, you guys are all behaving like this is junior high.

iNav stats fixed. iNav IS in proper WinterBoard format, and is limited by WinterBoard's limitations, requiring movement of some Web Clips around, which are included in the download. It may be less than as functional as everyone wants, but its very innovative and a nice design. I say bravo.

If this is how people respond when there's prizes involved, we might as well just nix having contests. Come on, people, act your ages.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Thanks

poetic_folly, please pm me your email so that i may provide the evidence to show you that i was granted permission to use the icon set in Black Darkness.
    -----------------------------------------
    GatewayFX Desktop:
    Intel Core2 Quad 9300 @ 2.5 Ghz
    Nvidia 9800 GT Factory Overclocked
    Windows XP,Windows 7 RTM, Ubuntu 9.04, Bactrack 4 Pre-Final USB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gruntparty For This Useful Post:

grahampaull (03-24-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    ssh into your phone and go to the themes directory where iNinja is installed and open the theme folder. Once in the theme folder navigate to /folders/springboard.app/en.proj (i believe im at work so going off the top of my head) and you will find the SPRINGBOARD.STRING files in there. Download them to your pc and edit them using a text editor. Just find the "slide to iNinja" line and change it to your name. Save and upload and overwrite.

simple as that.. if you have any troubles email me at [email protected] and i can give you some better instructions.

thanks
    Many thanks, that done the trick............ Cheers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    This is ridiculous, you guys are all behaving like this is junior high.

iNav stats fixed. iNav IS in proper WinterBoard format, and is limited by WinterBoard's limitations, requiring movement of some Web Clips around, which are included in the download. It may be less than as functional as everyone wants, but its very innovative and a nice design. I say bravo.

If this is how people respond when there's prizes involved, we might as well just nix having contests. Come on, people, act your ages.
    Im pretty sure all our themes are limited by winterboards limitations. I thought the point of saying "proper winterboard format was to stay within winterboards limitations." but clearly, I was wrong. Sorry.

Your right the behavior is ridiculus and I personally am done. There were a lot more things that were ridiculus about this contest than just the behavior.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

everyone.. i am working with poetic folly to get iNinja up and running on cydia.. sorry for the inconveinance.. due to its extreme large size, we may have to split the theme up into sections i will be working on this tonight and get it resubmitted to poetic and hopefully the theme will be working and downloadable very soon.

And many thanks to all those supporting iNinja. Good things are to come. not sure if any of you know but this was actually the first theme i have every worked on.. so for a first to have such a success is very assuring and inspiring

Thank you all
    Last edited by subywrex; 03-24-2009 at 05:56 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    i am working with poetif folly to get iNinja up and running on cydia..
    You misspelled poetic folly's name.

I love your theme and I voted for it. The only thing that's keeping me from using it is that it doesn't have enough icons for my apps. The first page looks really cool, and then if you flip to the second page, it looks really weird with my apps' default icons not fitting in with the theme. Also, is there anyway you can fix the dock so that it will work with an iTouch? The way that you have it set up requires all of the apps down there and I don't have the phone app (since I don't have an iPhone ). If you could at least make it compatible with the iTouch, I would definitely use it.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,852 Times in 883 Posts

i will look into what i need to do with the dock to make it compatible with the ipod touch. This is a first for me so im still learning in the process. Also as far as the icons.. if you visit the iNinja thread, there is where you can request some icons. The reason there is so few right now is just because we put a halt on production to prep this theme for the contest.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Here's a thought for what you can do to make it work for the iTouch: make 2 themes, one for the iPhone and one for the iTouch and you can change the dock to not include the "Phone" app or the "iPod" app and instead have the iTouch's "Music" app and "Video" app.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Good grief. You guys are freaking out. If I had known people were going to start calling names and insulting each other to this degree I might not have entered a theme. It's just a contest for fun.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to deadtom For This Useful Post:

cricketlang (03-25-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

OKay INav is innovative. Most people vote for it cause it looks good at first glance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, actually I was only calling myself names.
    Last edited by bobkooney; 03-24-2009 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks

WOW, I will be amazed if Modmyi ever does another contest...it shouldn't be a headache, and creators should not wear their feelings on their sleeves.

I only believe in facts...

As far as voting goes:
    #1 = iNav
    #2 = iNinja
    #3 = Chromatic Neon

Top 3 Cydia Downloads of the ones above:
    #1 = iNav 15,993
    #2 = iNinja 15,657
    #3 = Chromatic Neon 7,423

Honorable Mention for Downloads
    Resident Evil 14,089

***these statistics are take straight from the polls and straight from Cydia

As far as everyone is complaining of theft, check yourself before you complain...unless you created the iphone yourself I am sure you used something in one way or another.

Thank you modmyi for this contest as it did bring a lot of great themes to the mainstream.

Loco

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LOCOPAPI View Post
    WOW, I will be amazed if Modmyi ever does another contest...it shouldn't be a headache, and creators should not wear their feelings on their sleeves.

I only believe in facts...

As far as voting goes:
    #1 = iNav
    #2 = iNinja
    #3 = Chromatic Neon

Top 3 Cydia Downloads of the ones above:
    #1 = iNav 15,993
    #2 = iNinja 15,657
    #3 = Chromatic Neon 7,423

Honorable Mention for Downloads
    Resident Evil 14,089

***these statistics are take straight from the polls and straight from Cydia

As far as everyone is complaining of theft, check yourself before you complain...unless you created the iphone yourself I am sure you used something in one way or another.

Thank you modmyi for this contest as it did bring a lot of great themes to the mainstream.

Loco
    Sorry but what;s your exact point? Cause like with your facts the only theme that's not suppose in the best 3 is mine. Chromatic Neon. Let me tell you something, if people have voted for me and i placed in 3rd place during the contest it's a signal that it was a good one. Also i didn't advertise my theme anywhere. It was only here for the contest.

Secondly referring to "unless you created the iphone yourself I am sure you used something in one way or another." No you're wrong. Check my theme. I built every icon, i mean one by one, myself from scratch. Even other things like the battery and wallpaper, I did them too. Sorry but couldn't not answer back.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by salibamark View Post
    Sorry but what;s your exact point? Cause like with your facts the only theme that's not suppose in the best 3 is mine. Chromatic Neon. Let me tell you something, if people have voted for me and i placed in 3rd place during the contest it's a signal that it was a good one. Also i didn't advertise my theme anywhere. It was only here for the contest.

Secondly referring to "unless you created the iphone yourself I am sure you used something in one way or another." No you're wrong. Check my theme. I built every icon, i mean one by one, myself from scratch. Even other things like the battery and wallpaper, I did them too. Sorry but couldn't not answer back.
    Don't worry about that guy. He has Loco in his name for goodness sakes. And I hope modmyi does have a competition soon so I can build a theme based off what I learned from this competition. It has taught me this. Be innovative. Post alot of screenshots. Mod everything. Use your owwn stuff. And the point that people were so hostile just means people care. I think thats what its all about.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I agree Loumorep, even though there have been some heated comments, a lot of good things have come out of this competition and I really think it just means everyone cares a lot about this subject and where the future of theming takes us. And let's be honest, it wouldn't be a contest without contestants who care about winning. A few harsh words are going to be spilt once in a while, it is part of the game.

I am still dissapointed that my theme (Resident Evil Maximum) managed to hold it's own VERY well against the other top two themes here in Cydia downloads (placing 3rd in the amount downloaded) as the post mentioned above and yet still only got 8 votes here on modmyi.com. I guess some things are not meant to be. Bummer.
    Last edited by bobkooney; 03-25-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I really agree with you bobkooney.. what's you've said is so real. Though some poepl should show a bit of more respect to the administrators of modmyi.com.. But on the whole, it was really nice. After all talking with other graphic designers. Some of which are so professional. Thanks modmyi people for creating such a thing for us.