+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Future iPhone and Netbooks to Sport OLED Displays Designed by LG!?!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
OLED? Beaten by the Samsung Tocco Ultra due any day in the UK They have come to market a lot quicker than I expected so it is a possibility for
    Thanks

OLED? Beaten by the Samsung Tocco Ultra due any day in the UK

They have come to market a lot quicker than I expected so it is a possibility for the new iPhone
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Guys, remember they said TVS. The screen on a mobile phone is considerably smaller, so the lifetime should be more. Also, how many of you actually have the screen of your phone on for 8 hours per day anyways? Going by their numbers, this screen should last you 15 rather than 5.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan_Fool
    as long as it produces a high quality product for a cheap price who cares
    Uhhhhh...Anyone with a heart? DX

Confucius says:
    They have come to market a lot quicker than I expected so it is a possibility for the new iPhone
    I sure hope so.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ima80baby View Post
    Guys, remember they said TVS. The screen on a mobile phone is considerably smaller, so the lifetime should be more. Also, how many of you actually have the screen of your phone on for 8 hours per day anyways? Going by their numbers, this screen should last you 15 rather than 5.
    It hurts it more to come on and off 30 times a day than to just leave it going for 8 hours.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DaMan_Fool View Post
    It hurts it more to come on and off 30 times a day than to just leave it going for 8 hours.
    Funny, that's what my g/f says
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Uhhhhh...Anyone with a heart? DX
    :

I doubt you would give a crap who got stepped on, if they offered a HD iphone for $50.

Thanks

I doubt you would give a crap who got stepped on, if they offered a HD iphone for $50.
    And I doubt you're right. ;]

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    funny, that's what my g/f says
    hahahahahahaha
    Last edited by Channan; 03-20-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You know i am right.

Funny, that's what my g/f says
    your grandfather?
    Last edited by DaMan_Fool; 03-20-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You know i am right.
    You're not, and it doesn't matter because a new HD iPhone isn't going be sold for $50.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ryan christopher's Avatar
    Thanks

So looks like the new iPhone is going to have OLED displays and I read they are planning on boosting the 3G speed with a new chipset. And we can't forget that spy shot of the flat black back with a new model number. Looks like it's going to be a good summer!!

Thanks

Thats sweeeeeeet
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

i would like the new iphone to have wireless charging like the new palm pre will do

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by discostar View Post
    From that same wiki article:

Disadvantages

The biggest technical problem for OLEDs is the limited lifetime of the organic materials.[35] In particular, blue OLEDs historically have had a lifetime of around 14,000 hours (5 years at 8 hours a day) when used for flat-panel displays, which is lower than typical lifetime of LCD, LED or PDP technology—each currently rated for about 60,000 hours, depending on manufacturer and model. Toshiba and Panasonic have come up with a way to solve this problem with a new technology that can double the lifespan of OLED displays, pushing its expected life past that of LCD displays.[36] A metal membrane helps deliver light from polymers in the substrate throughout the glass surface more efficiently than current OLEDs. The result is the same picture quality with half the brightness and a doubling of the screen's expected life.[37]

Don't know how I feel about the OLEDs now. But this can't be the material they'll be using in the next iPhones that we rumor to come out in a couple of months. Can it?
    5-8 years? Shouldn't be a problem in the cell phone market... most people get rid of their phones in 2 years or less
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

i agree most people dont keep cell phones that long so OLED will work i just hope with an OLED display the new iphone isnt more expensive then the 3G one

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrNoSox View Post
    Infatuation with the latest? Like USB 2.0?

Would be nice to see better battery life out of our non-replaceable batteries for sure!
    What the hell are you doing with it. If watching videos, I can see that... if anything else, your battery is draining way too fast, get a replacement, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by wolverinemarky View Post
    i agree most people dont keep cell phones that long so OLED will work i just hope with an OLED display the new iphone isnt more expensive then the 3G one
    I do too... I think it would be foolish for them to do that... unless they take the path of keeping the 3G in production as the "budget" model and then have a new version. Sort of an iPhone 3G and an iPhone 3G Pro if you will... Here's to hoping it's not the latter.

OLED? Beaten by the Samsung Tocco Ultra due any day in the UK

The new Nokia already has OLED :P
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-20-2009 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post

The new Nokia already has OLED :P
    But it's a N*kia so it doesn't count

Thanks

try paying attention
    Keep your witty and sly comments to yourself, attracts the wrong kind of attention you were looking for in the first place.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to greenleaf187 For This Useful Post:

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenleaf187 View Post
    Keep your witty and sly comments to yourself, attracts the wrong kind of attention you were looking for in the first place.
    It is not my fault that you have a problem comprehending the obvious. I wouldn't have made a comment if it wasn't such a idiotic post that you made. Google is your friend.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think most people won't keep their phone for more than a year.
    lol, I don't think I've ever used a phone for longer than 2 years... I guess I don't see the OLED only lasting 5 years as a huge disadvantage, unless the manufacturing and decomposing processes kill babies or something.
    Come on guys, even if 99% consumers have that circulation of use, manufacturers can't produce products only last 3-4 years. It's not about "what you think" it's about "general responsibility when producing product."

Anyway, There still have been like 400ⅹ240 mobile phones using OLED already so size wouldn't be the issue. The real issues is reliability of the OLED panel since there are more faulty pixels occurred than LCD or LED have.
    Last edited by minhwan; 03-20-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Thanks

It is not my fault that you have a problem comprehending the obvious. I wouldn't have made a comment if it wasn't such a idiotic post that you made. Google is your friend.
    I don't know which side of you i should most sympathize. Your adhesive pursuit to fit in here or your eye-drooping comments. Either way, this not your moms thread, so if you don't know an answer, no need to splash out words even you don't understand.
    'comprehend' you say? its more like missed out on a point Einstein.
    By the way, I did use google.com and it got me to ModMyi so i had to post the question, so take that, work on it and beat it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to greenleaf187 For This Useful Post: