+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Enable Tethering in iPhone OS 3.0

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by esmandau i Got AT&T and i tether without any problem... Whats wrong with u guys Are you using the 3.0 Beta 2 firmware? I've got AT&T and
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by esmandau View Post
    i Got AT&T and i tether without any problem... Whats wrong with u guys
    Are you using the 3.0 Beta 2 firmware?

I've got AT&T and i'm running the Beta 2 Firmware. I installed the update that makes tethering possible but i'm not exactly sure how to make it work. Would any one mind make a step by step for getting to the net after you turn the tethering on?

Thanks
    Won't AT&T charge you more since you'll be using a lot more data with tethering enabled?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So my problem is this : I tried changing the ipcc file in order to get both mms and tethering to work at the same time for Orange Romania, but no luck, and it's driving me nuts... I don't why, or what am I doing wrong but either the mms is working (tehter option is there, but it's not working) or thether works (mms is there but it's not sending/receiving) although I noticed that in 3.0beta2 thether only works for me via USB only (when I use it via BT it works for about 2 minutes, then nothing, it says that it's tethering but it's not; I tried pairing my phone again, but got the same result...) Now, if someone please take a look at the ipcc's and tell what i did wrong, or modify them for me .... Thank you very much
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Has anyone been successful tethering with AT&T to a windows laptop? I've downloaded and updated the ipcc file to enable tethering, but my windows laptop doesn't see the iPhone as an Internet gateway. Any ideas?

Oh, running XP Pro, btw...
    Last edited by andygev35; 04-06-2009 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Tethering works on macs only as far as i know ( not sure if you can tether via BT on windows but as far as USB goes, it's mac only because the sdk patches itunes)
    Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The General View Post
    I just tried that IPCC and I just keep getting this error message:

Bluetooth network failed.

Failed to open a connection to the network service.
    Your device may have reached its maximum number
    of supported network connections.

And the USB tether appears to do nothing. It doesn't show up in Network Preferences and I have no option to add a USB network interface or anything.
    "Failed to open a connection to the network service.
    Your device may have reached its maximum number
    of supported network connections."

Same for me. USB is perfect.... faster than I expected!
    Thanks,

Timbo

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0mpguru View Post
    Won't AT&T charge you more since you'll be using a lot more data with tethering enabled?
    Most carriers, including AT&T in the USA and O2 in the UK, have not really thought through data pricing.
    The only carrier I know that has is T-Mobile here in the UK that has 3 different 'unlimited' plans, a basic one (7.50) which does not allow streaming or tethering or VOIP, a mid priced one (12.50) which allows tethering and streaming but not VOIP and a full one that allows everything incl. VOIP (25)

O2, here in the UK, specifically excludes streaming but not, I believe, tethering.

I believe O2 will change their pricing structure to be more in line with T-Mobile (who have spent years refining their pricing and, indeed, their network) whether AT&T will or not remains to be seen.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

expect at&t to charge at least 30 for tethering

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,269 Times in 652 Posts

btw on beta 3 you lose the ability to edit your APN settings meaning after you upload the carrier update to enable tethering you lose the ability to use data on normal things like safari and mail, etc.

simply use the iphone configuration utility to create a file with updated APN settings. Email yourself. open the email on the iphone and apply.

iPhone Configuration Utility 1.1 for Mac OS X
    iPhone Configuration Utility 1.1 for Windows

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cody Overcash For This Useful Post:

confucious (04-24-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

UPDATE: Got tethering working on AT&T on my Window laptop (Vista only, XP wouldn't pair with the iPhone for some reason) using Bluetooth.

Banned
    Thanks
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t/59880...-beta-5-a.html

well, on the 8th of may I posted that, and had tethering working, along with mms if you could get att to turn it on for you as well.

I AM ON AT&T ON A FAMILY PLAN WITH UNLIMITED DATA/TEXT. I used 4GB of traffic last month over 3G and they didn't care when I called and asked them about it, they said its unlimited and they don't care what I use. I use xbmc streamer on top of tethering, so I use A LOT of bandwidth. No problems at all with ATT.
    Last edited by designgears; 05-17-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks

That could explain why AT&T charge so much for data.
    In other countries there are limits (which most people will never meet) and why here in the UK O2 charge 7.50 for their data (10 incl wifi access).
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by criistihr View Post
    So my problem is this : I tried changing the ipcc file in order to get both mms and tethering to work at the same time for Orange Romania, but no luck, and it's driving me nuts... I don't why, or what am I doing wrong but either the mms is working (tehter option is there, but it's not working) or thether works (mms is there but it's not sending/receiving) although I noticed that in 3.0beta2 thether only works for me via USB only (when I use it via BT it works for about 2 minutes, then nothing, it says that it's tethering but it's not; I tried pairing my phone again, but got the same result...) Now, if someone please take a look at the ipcc's and tell what i did wrong, or modify them for me .... Thank you very much
    i was able to test tethering on 3.0 both usb and bluetooth for Orange Romania and it works perfectly , your ipcc files contain made-up keys
    you can find my settings (+MMS) here enabling iPhone tethering on Orange
    Last edited by valexa; 06-19-2009 at 11:32 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I am using PdaNet 1.53 under my 1st Gen iPhone under 3.0 and it is working just fine in USB mode, I didn't try the Wifi mode yet. But I am happy with this as naturally I use in USB mode. Even the crack also work too!!
    Boil your iPhone 2G in 110 degree temperature water to transform it to iPhone 3G S!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no spam
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 06-14-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question bluetooth
    tethering works fine on my iphone before
    but now i keep on receiveing

"you have reached the maximum bluetooth connections on this device"

can someone help me what to do? or how to fix this?
    thanks

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234