Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Enable Tethering in iPhone OS 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    call at&t and tell them to add the service to your package
    Can anyone confirm this works?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zerobrand View Post
    thatU a LOT of steps compared to pdanet!
    yes, but this is a one time thing. And you can find the patched carrier update online. Just option+update and reboot. After that it's just a matter of plugging the phone to the mac. I used pdanet, and this is a far better solution. Fluid and intuitive. That's the way I like my Apple

Default Getting error
    Hi all, thanks for the instructions. I got the tethering screen to come up fine, but after pairing with my macbook pro, I can't connect to the PAN connection. A USB option doesn't come up at all. I'm using AT&T and have the 3.0 SDK installed. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by twidget60 View Post
    ....but after pairing with my macbook pro, I can't connect to the PAN connection. A USB option doesn't come up at all. I'm using AT&T and have the 3.0 SDK installed. Am I missing something?
    I havent had any luck with PAN on my MBP - USB was no problem though, in Network connections just swapping the DHCP to something else then back to DHCP and hitting apply seemed to work sweet? Do you have the "Ethernet Adaptor (en5)" available?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lom51 View Post
    AT&T will allow tethering or apple may look elsewhere lol

and iphone os 3.0 should be available june/july to coincide with the release of the suposed new iphone
    They won;t have elsewhere to look for another 3 years...
    Hopefully this means free tethering with ATT, but I doubt it :/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Quote Originally Posted by trumpjr View Post
    which tool would you use? xcode?
    Xcode is one of the tools you use. There is a whole section of documentation and training which is very well done for even a person who has never coded any apps for Mac Platform. Lots of tutorials. XCode is just one of the tools, there are several, dashcode, iPhone Simulator, iPhone Organizer, Quartz... plus much more, and its free to dl.

Default T-Mobile Germany Howto
    For T-Mobile Germany things are a bit more complicated because they do not appear in the list. Here is a howto: FutureTap » iPhone Tethering with T-Mobile Germany
    Last edited by futuretap; 03-20-2009 at 09:36 AM. Reason: hm, wrong subject. Can't figure out how to change it…

Quote Originally Posted by mombopete View Post
    Can anyone confirm this works?

I called them and they added the MMS to my plan and it still didn't work. Got transferred to there tech support and they said they dont give support for 3.0 so mine still dont work.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    They won;t have elsewhere to look for another 3 years...
    Hopefully this means free tethering with ATT, but I doubt it :/
    Free? No cellular company (to my knowledge) has ever offered a tethering package for free. It is the most bandwidth intensive thing you can possibly do with your cell phone. More users requiring more bandwidth equals more T1s/DS1s at each cell site, which won't come free to AT&T or you.

I want it to work the other way...get internet from pc

Quote Originally Posted by poullos View Post
    I want it to work the other way...get internet from pc
    You mean like WiFi?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You mean like WiFi?
    No, I want it to connect to the internet when I use the useb connection. My wifi does not connect. I always get "unable to join network ". So it's either 3G which costs, or free wifi I can't get...

Why not just sort out your WiFi - it's a lot easier than using a wired connection!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I have an iMac running 10.5.6

I navigated to Mac HD/users/me/Library/iTunes/iPhone Carrier Support

The folder is empty and i have no idea where to go from here anyone with any helpful advice would be a great help.

Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

sweet

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why not just sort out your WiFi - it's a lot easier than using a wired connection!
    I want to believe you..really do

What security do you have on your WiFi at home and what FW on your iPhone?

WAP on one router and WEP on the other.
    Firmware 2.2 yellowsn0ed

This happens with EVERY network. The message is the same:
    "Unable to join network "

Apple/iphone/networking forum is full of threads with this problem...

i Got AT&T and i tether without any problem... Whats wrong with u guys

Quote Originally Posted by esmandau View Post
    i Got AT&T and i tether without any problem... Whats wrong with u guys
    I feel like you making a comment like this isn't helping anyone... way to be an a*$*$*hole.
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast