+ Reply
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Jailbroken Already

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Exciting... I guess, but I think Apple finally did the best anti-jailbreak thing anyone could ever do. They gave us damn near everything we would ever even want a jailbreak
    Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Exciting... I guess, but I think Apple finally did the best anti-jailbreak thing anyone could ever do. They gave us damn near everything we would ever even want a jailbreak for!

Quote Originally Posted by amusic View Post
    Ima just all sweaty about the new stuff.
    Anyone think they will release some new iPhone model at the same time.
    I just got mine few weeks ago so it would suck if they do...
    I would be willing to bet they will be releasing something new. If nothing more, at least a model with more storage space. It's just how they roll. the nice thing is, I think the 3Gs will have a higher resell value now (more than the 1st gen phones... it's about time!) so that I can actually upgrade to the new iPhone model and either make a profit or not have to pay a cent
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-17-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i cant wait

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The new iPhone will have to have a faster processor and more RAM to keep up with all the intense graphical games these Devs keep putting out. The fact that you have TO REBOOT before some of these games so they don't crash is ridiculous. I'm happy the new OS is jailbreakable though. The only think left to install is irealsms and winterboard b/c the rest is taken care of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    The new iPhone will have to have a faster processor and more RAM to keep up with all the intense graphical games these Devs keep putting out. The fact that you have TO REBOOT before some of these games so they don't crash is ridiculous. I'm happy the new OS is jailbreakable though. The only think left to install is irealsms and winterboard b/c the rest is taken care of.
    Well that's because of memory leaks and such. Who's to say OS 3.0 isn't much more efficient, not requiring a reboot? I can see them getting it better when it comes to memory management after seeing how people use and interact with apps.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see a new faster iPhone. The only problem is how it will "force" people to an upgrade when apps start getting coded just for it. Or we end up with lite/full/iphone3.0 versions of the same thing. Or a thousand other variations.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sweet. I'm using 3.0.
    Just waiting for to quickpwn it.
    Just want irealquicksms.

Thanks

HAHAHAHA... I just got done reading all the comments on the Dev team blog about all this. It's like 1000 n00bs just descended and are asking the most repetitive and ridiculous questions that were JUST asked a month ago when 2.2.1 came out. I'm so glad we have a much more educated group here at MMi. Thanks everyone in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Well that's because of memory leaks and such. Who's to say OS 3.0 isn't much more efficient, not requiring a reboot? I can see them getting it better when it comes to memory management after seeing how people use and interact with apps.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see a new faster iPhone. The only problem is how it will "force" people to an upgrade when apps start getting coded just for it. Or we end up with lite/full/iphone3.0 versions of the same thing. Or a thousand other variations.
    If there's more memory on board to leak then there's more left over to play games... and more importantly additional Mobile Substrate/Daemon Cydia apps. I feel crippled after installing Winterboard, irealQUICKsms, and iBlacklist. I STILL crash into safe mode at times. I can't run quickgold and SB Settings and notifier... etc... b/c then the phone becomes useless. The Devs are coding cutting edge apps that the hardware just can't handle IMO.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 03-18-2009 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

this is great a better OS (we hope) and its jail breakable thank you Dev team.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Since I already saw a post about I'll go ahead and say this:

DO NOT POST LINKS TO THE BETA FIRMWARE AND REFRAIN FROM ASKING QUESTIONS RELATED TO IT HERE.

If you absolutely, positively have to post something about 3.0 (and you're not in the dev program) be subtle about it or just hold off posting at all!

I will be keeping an eye on the threads for posts like THIS

Quote Originally Posted by llj1137075 View Post
    Sweet. I'm using 3.0.
    Just waiting for to quickpwn it.
    Just want irealquicksms.
    And bringing hell to the people that post it. Our fellow poster here is getting a pass since he didn't know, but that's all the niceness you'll see from me.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-18-2009)

Thanks

^^^^^ Bring the PAIN!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

this is a very special day for all iPhone users around the world :')
    in honor of the DevTeam, i wont go to work today!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Tokyo's Avatar
    Thanks

*facepalm*

Why are we so good at this.

Banned
    Thanks

So a mod, doesn't want us to discuss 3.0 in a 3.0 thread? That makes sense.

Thanks

Sweet

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is it unlocked? iam on 2.2.1 shall i upgrade it? iam on iphone 2g

Green Apple
    Thanks

This news made my day. I am excited about the specs on this one!

Thanks

stick it to the man!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post

any dev with 3.0 installed can tell us how much free RAM there is now after boot, please???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i just tryed the dev , but dont have idea how to useit , just try to get the 3.0 , its great , how do i check memory use ?

one think for sure , i cant go back to 2.2 .....(((
    Last edited by czarnachmura28; 03-18-2009 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

pjw
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wePhone View Post
    So a mod, doesn't want us to discuss 3.0 in a 3.0 thread? That makes sense.
    Thats not what he said. He said If you are not a Dev. Do not discuss where to get 3.0 illegally. He also said if you are not a Dev. Dont ask for help on 3.0 that you obtained illegally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by czarnachmura28 View Post
    i just tryed the dev , but dont have idea how to useit , just try to get the 3.0 , its great , how do i check memory use ?

one think for sure , i cant go back to 2.2 .....(((
    there are apps on appstore that can get info about RAM usage...