Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Jailbroken Already

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Because people are stupid enough to try illegal software.
    #1, It's not illegal.
    #2, stupid? um.. It's not going to ruin your phone. (most likely...)
    #3, who gives a crap who uses it. Give it a try before you knock it.
    wwjd

#1 - not if you download it direct from Apple, otherwise I believe it is.
    #2 - it certainly would ruin my phone. I use YellowSn0w
    #3 - Heck no!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

All I can say is BRING IT!!!!!!BRING IT!!!!Looking forward too the New 3.0 Software!!!...So I can JAIL BREAK IT!!!
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

#1 - not if you download it direct from Apple, otherwise I believe it is.
    #2 - it certainly would ruin my phone. I use YellowSn0w
    #3 - Heck no!
    Quote Originally Posted by skb875 View Post
    #1, It's not illegal.
    #2, stupid? um.. It's not going to ruin your phone. (most likely...)
    #3, who gives a crap who uses it. Give it a try before you knock it.
    Because people are stupid enough to try illegal software.
    I understand software legality may be an issue here, but nevertheless there had to be a way to put this on the iphones? Like i said in my earlier post I tried to do it, with my internet connection off the ENTIRE TIME (yes, it was off even before I started the restore) and it DID NOT WORK.

did anyone else do something differently?
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    hmm.. is this the only way to do it?
    Why was the beta leaked then if nobody could use it
    and if I update to 3.0 using this UDID, do I have to disconnect the internet to sync and can I use my own information to download apps from the app store?
    That's why it's important to do as much reading and research as you can on the subject of the 3.0 beta before attempting to install it on your iPhone. That way, you learn about the little details such as needing to register your UDID with Apple before proceeding.

I'm not trying to single you out; I'm just noticing that a lot of folks have plunged headlong into installing 3.0 only to find out the important facts afterward.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    That's why it's important to do as much reading and research as you can on the subject of the 3.0 beta before attempting to install it on your iPhone. That way, you learn about the little details such as needing to register your UDID with Apple before proceeding.

I'm not trying to single you out; I'm just noticing that a lot of folks have plunged headlong into installing 3.0 only to find out the important facts afterward.
    No, i completely agree with you. I was really naive to go along with some of the youtube videos claiming you can install 3.0 and bypass the software disclaimer of needing a dev account by turning the internet off.

I was rushing to update with "itchy fingers" and i have learned my lesson.
    I just wanted to learn more regarding this subject and see if there os any other possible way to install 3.0 legitmately.

Question: if i get put on a dev UDID account, and then i update to 3.0, THEN would i be able to use it legitimately? And would i be able to recieve future updates for the 3.0 beta and download the software, and would i be able to downgrade to 2.2.1 if necessary?
    -[r]

Unless I am mistaken, I believe the answer on all counts is no.

I believe the 'beta' is for developers only and not to be distributed to 'testers'. Can a developer confirm that I am correct? Or am I talking rubbish?

By getting your UDID added to a developers account you will be able to activate your account and use the FW but I believe the only way to download it legitimately is if you have a developers account yourself.

Can a developer confirm what sort of support you get for this beta?

As for downgrading - some people have downgraded but lots of people have lots of problems downgrading and, of course, you can NOT downgrade the bb.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    Question: if i get put on a dev UDID account, and then i update to 3.0, THEN would i be able to use it legitimately? And would i be able to recieve future updates for the 3.0 beta and download the software, and would i be able to downgrade to 2.2.1 if necessary?

Yes yes, that is correct

This is how I have 3.0.
    Each developer has like 100 available "dev tickets" (brain fart, can't think of the correct word).
    In order for them to give away these "dev tickets", you need to give them your UDID. (you find this in iTunes, but clicking your Serial number.. it will change to UDID, then just CTRL+C).

Once they add you, they need to send you the 3.0 software, as it might embed something in it, so you can install. Don't quote me on this, as this is just my thinking.

So you just need to find a developer that is nice enough to add you. As I have read, they might end up charging you $5.. Which isn't bad, I guess.

If you have anymore questions, let me know.
    wwjd

Yeah well the Apple Dev's (like myself) can add your UDID to our devices list. Then you will be able to activate the firmware once you download it from somewhere. It would be 100% illegal for a dev like myself to send this firmware to you.

For anyone interested in trying 3.0 or to read more misunderstood info please see the thread I have created here:

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...apple-dev.html

Hope this clears it all up for you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to darkrom For This Useful Post:

coloradoxmfan (03-23-2009)

Unless I am mistaken, I believe the answer on all counts is no.

I believe the 'beta' is for developers only and not to be distributed to 'testers'. Can a developer confirm that I am correct? Or am I talking rubbish?

By getting your UDID added to a developers account you will be able to activate your account and use the FW but I believe the only way to download it legitimately is if you have a developers account yourself.

Can a developer confirm what sort of support you get for this beta?

As for downgrading - some people have downgraded but lots of people have lots of problems downgrading and, of course, you can NOT downgrade the bb.
    Ok i am a registered developer and 3.0 is a Beta release for developers to incorporate support for the new capabilities of 3.0 into their software (accessory support, push notifications, cut/copy/paste, etc...).

The Beta Developer release was not intended for general public use and that is why tethering and MMS have not yet been activated by Apple or AT&T.

The legitimacy of using 3.0 is kind of shady. While apple does allow developers to seed their apps to "testers" who don't have to be developers, apple agreed to allow developers too add up to 100 devices to their lists as to collect crash log info and make debugging much easier.

Apple do not support or recommend updating at this time (If you are not a developer or tester for a developer). It will not void your warranty but will leave you with a unjailbreakable OS. If you try to update without being on a dev list you may not be able to activate your phone, but some people have managed to circumvent this.

The only Beta support i have come across is a fresh install and the inevitable release of 3.0 Beta 2 ( I do not know when it will be released).

Downgrading is possible but there is a lot of trouble with people trying to do so on Mac OS X only because apple has more control on what we can do on as far as hacking on there than it does on the tangled mess we call windows. ;-)

I hope i answered some of the questions flying around here.

Cheers!
    - Varsity
    Last edited by varsityanchor; 03-23-2009 at 12:59 PM.

Thanks

So I have done my research for hours on end, and finally have attained the legitimate iPhone 3.0, and came up with a way to get iPhone 3.0 on your phone.

Special thanks to dancin_smurf for showing me this way and leading me through the process, and what29 for hooking me up.

The only way to have 3.0 on your iphone is to get a DEVELOPER to add your UDID into their system. YES, it is true they can fit 100 UDID's under one developer account. NO, it is FALSE that you can not update to newer firmwares once enrolled. You can update still.

**EDIT CPJR - NO LINKS ALLOWED - END OF STORY**
    i 100% recommend "What29". Use him while he's available. He is totally legit and will help you out the whole way. No sketchy business just straight up. I would definitely say $5-$15 is worth having pretty neat software that probably nobody else around you has, and you get to try and have fun with for 3 months.
    Last edited by cpjr; 03-23-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    -[r]

Quote Originally Posted by what29 View Post
    EDIT CPJR - Hi, I am a spammer and cpjr banned my butt.
    ADMIN/MODERATOR Please DELETE This.... anymore than a dollar is a scam!

If anyone wants a UDID PM me i have about 20 slots left.
    Last edited by cpjr; 03-23-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by varsityanchor View Post

PM sent.

PM Was sent!

thanks!

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Since people arent listening....DO NOT LINK to the firmware here on this forum.
    And for anyone else still wondering....unless you are a dev it is considered pirated software and illegal.
    Last edited by cpjr; 03-23-2009 at 05:10 PM.

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Since people arent listening....DO NOT LINK to the firmware here on this forum.
    And for anyone else still wondering....unless you are a dev it is considered pirated software and illegal.
    JUSTICE! Thank you.

Pm sent

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Jailbroken already? Nice! I'm holding off installing it on my own device until I'm ready to start testing my apps with 3.0, but ahh anyone else want the opportunity?

Anyone willing to add my udid to their developer acct, I'd be more than willing to test apps for them. Pm me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by andygev35 View Post
    Anyone willing to add my udid to their developer acct, I'd be more than willing to test apps for them. Pm me if interested.
    Send a PM to 7evenomeo right above you.
    He is the guy that added me.
    wwjd

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast