+ Reply
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
lol... ungrateful f*cks, all of you. everyone's been b1tching about mms and copy/paste for f*cking ages. apple announces BOTH, plus other great new features and you b@$tards still find *****
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol... ungrateful f*cks, all of you. everyone's been b1tching about mms and copy/paste for f*cking ages. apple announces BOTH, plus other great new features and you b@$tards still find ***** to b1tch about. f*ck all y'all.

serious. there's no pleasing you @$$ holes.

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why everyone is ********... Windows Mobile phones have been doing this forever, except when an update comes out for WM you're lucky if your older WM phone gets updated at all. WM phones rarely ever get updates once a newer model comes out. At least the 2G iPhones are getting some features; You're still getting a lot of features, just not quite as many as if you upgrade phones. 2 phones on my family plan are eligible for upgrades, so I can certainly see myself buying one of the new iPhones when they come out and selling or giving my wife my 3G.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Does anyone know how to get the MMS working with the update? It doesn't send them, gives a message failed when I try to send one.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dalopesinator View Post
    Does anyone know how to get the MMS working with the update? It doesn't send them, gives a message failed when I try to send one.
    MMS won't work in AT&T because the iPhone plan doesn't include them. You will need to call AT&T and prove you're a developer and they should be able to add MMS to your package.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm. I wonder what info they will want from me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

hmm I think I'll try thattoday.
    let me know if you have any luck getting mms working.
    PM me the information you have to give if you can.
    Thanks.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingram20 View Post
    omg I don't think I have ever seen so many pissed off people about an update.

So what so you wont have mms on the 1st gen now wait a minute over half of you complaining say you have swirly mms now look thats free while us upgraders of the 3g will probably have to pay for the extra service.

So sit back shut up and stop complaining if you want mms so bad just email the pics to you're friends there a writeup about every service email address for example att [email protected] that is att default gateway for mms and for people that don't know the x's are the phone number.

So please either upgrade, continue useing swirly, or 3 shut the hell up about it you should have upgraded anyway allready most the time when new things come out they are better and I can tell you one thing the 3g is way better it's a cleaner look, in my oppion 3g is the best and seeing's that im a truck driver I go thru 3g areas all the time and love it.

so please stop complaining this is the worst complaining thread I have ever seen ( and i looke at alot of threads all over the web to do just about anything and everything) so stfu please for all of are sakes if you cant say anything nice don't speak at all.

o ya go beg you're mommy for the iphone 3g lol

WOW! You run pretty hot for a newbie! Cool it down a bit and enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by AAAARRRRRRGGGGG View Post
    lol... ungrateful f*cks, all of you. everyone's been b1tching about mms and copy/paste for f*cking ages. apple announces BOTH, plus other great new features and you b@ still find ***** to b1tch about. f*ck all y'all.

serious. there's no pleasing you @$$ holes.
    Wow! Another newbie running hot!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 03-18-2009 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

So is the new phone gona be released this summer? I have a 1g and like to get a new one.

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I did not see this but does anyone know if they are going to add more pages so you can install more apps? I didn't see it when I watched the presentation...... unless I missed it because the phone rang and was trying to do two things at once....

"Always remember your special and unique!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You know, I don't WANT Flash. It's a slow, horrible resource hog.

And 50% of annoying web ads are in Flash.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a little mad that Apple will be giving the new OS to iPhone owners for free, but will be charging iTouch owners $9.95 for the update. I have a feeling most iTouch owners are going to be grabbing this update through torrents instead of paying Apple for it. Seems like what they did with the January update last year.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Wow! They've almost eliminated the need to jailbreak! All they need is Winterboard and allow unlocking!!!!!
    They do allow unlocking. I have an Apple unlocked iPhone!

Thanks

Apple wouldnt have done half this **** they did if it wasnt for the developers and jailbreak community. with all the attempts of making an SMS app, or Copy/Paste app, or GPS app, Tethering, sweettooth, search apps and so on.

Basically, the influence of this community pushed apple to do most of these things to stop people from wanting to jailbreak their phones so badly. Apple cannot prosecute people for jailbreaking, but by updating mostly everything we requested, people will be more reluctant to go through the trouble while also obtaining new customers.

I for one will jailbreak for zod's homebrews, winterboard, intelliscreen, mcleaner or iblacklist, cycorder and bossprefs or sbsettings, and of course 5 icon dock.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wadestock For This Useful Post:

dsg (03-18-2009)

Thanks

WOOT! Awesome! Yay definitely for copy/paste.

So you just double tab the text? I see how it works for Notes and Mail but how would it use for Safri? That is already a double tap for 'smart' zooming. Like when a site has tables and you want want to view the center you just double tap the center. How would both function go together?

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ethereal View Post
    WOOT! Awesome! Yay definitely for copy/paste.

So you just double tab the text? I see how it works for Notes and Mail but how would it use for Safri? That is already a double tap for 'smart' zooming. Like when a site has tables and you want want to view the center you just double tap the center. How would both function go together?
    You double tap text when you are editing text, such as writing this post. When viewing text, such as you reading what I'm posting, you tap and hold to select. You can shake the iPhone to undo pasting.

Check out iClarified's post for more detail about what's new: What's New in iPhone OS 3.0.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks

i envy you developers

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile Help
    Will it harm iphone to upgrade to 3.0 if it is already jailbroken? Will i have to jailbreak again?

Thanks in advance

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PoskittUtd View Post
    Will it harm iphone to upgrade to 3.0 if it is already jailbroken? Will i have to jailbreak again?

Thanks in advance
    Be aware that updating to 3.0 locks the iPhone in to 3.0; you can't go back, from what I understand.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Napoleon_PhoneApart For This Useful Post:

PoskittUtd (03-18-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

once we get 3.0, do you think we will get the ability to do voice dialing over bluetooth? it sounds that way, but wasn't 100% sure...

with 3.0, will we officially be able to have audible turn by turn directions?
    Last edited by burdell1; 03-18-2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    Be aware that updating to 3.0 locks the iPhone in to 3.0; you can't go back, from what I understand.
    So are you saying yes i need to jailbreak it again?

Thanks

+ Reply
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast