Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post
    F-YOU, contributed the least................ GIVE ME A BREAK. let me refresh your memory that WE spent three times as much on our phones as YOU 3g people did.

IT WILL TAKE YOU 3 YEARS PAYING YOUR PHONE BILL TO CATCH UP ON THE PRICE WE PAYED FOR OUR 1ST GEN........

why dont you get your head out of your a55 and realize WE are the ones who pushed this market to where it is...........

Yea, up front we paid less, but in the long term we paid more because they upped the cost of the data plan.

So technically speaking you got a cheaper phone so you should really stop shooting your f'k'n mouth off telling us all great you are because you bought your phone first at a higher initial cost as opposed to a higher overall longterm price.

Read this first Jr. before you start sounding off like a tool

IPhone 3G: iPhone 3G's True Price Compared

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    A company or seller has the responsibility and usually the human decency to keep buyers who bought the original up to date with software when possible. After all, without us the iPhone 3G and the next one will be NOTHING. Non-existent. The iPhones we bought for $800 and with FW 1.0.0 are crap compared to the 3G and this upcoming one. Stop trying to make a cheap buck and start to show some respect to your most loyal and vital customers.
    Yes damn them for making me upgrade my Apple II, and my Windows 3.1 machine.

Damn them all to hell...

Lord and I thought I was arrogant...
    Last edited by boe_dye; 03-17-2009 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

WHAT OMG OMG FAKE! J/K
    My life will finally be complete.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

To all you people bickering about who contributes more to at&t and apple by having a 2g or 3g shut up! Are you forgeting that the 3g is subsidized?!? apple is still getting their dollar and at&t is willing to stick it out for the long haul to make up for the investment now. SIMPLE PEOPLE! No one is pushing anything any more than the next other than the underground... US! That is the reason for all of this. Apple hasnt given a S*** about competition. what they care about is people doing far greater things with their hardware and not having their name on it!!! Again, US!!! The underground pushes markets forward, especially technology. to all the 2g users have no fear someone will make it all work for you. you just may have to wait a little longer... Has anyone ever truly been TOTALLY dissappointed with thier iphone? NO!!! 'Nuff Said...
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rwin84 For This Useful Post:

dalanis (03-18-2009)

still needs:
    flash
    video recording (or allow app store apps to do this)
    theming

Also the tethering is gona be like 30$ a month so i'm sticking with pda net

QUESTION is this just a software upgrade or is it also new hardware?

So now all the apps will have to be ported over...not going to be upgrading for a whiiile then, personally.

I wish the new turn-by-turn had voice...it would definitely be awesome then.

Not looking forward to re-jailbreaking though...

Concerning Flash...

Honestly, It is becoming a bit outdated.

Here's the deal. With Jailbreaking you can install dTunes as well as safari Downloader (i don't remember which app or apps specifically). However one of my biggest gripes was that I could watch HULU and some NBC programs.

Well, ALOT of companies have already alotted for download and viewing of their stuff for PSP's. Generally speaking I believe the format is MP4.

The iPhone has no trouble doing MP4's so all in all what more is the worry for us Jailbreakers?

I would love to see all of this native to iPhone. Then the only thing that I would need Jailbreaking for would be themes, backgrounding, vWallpaper, and being able to log into my phone's filing structure so I can change up the sounds.

Mostly cosmetic stuff.

So this sounds pretty good! Of course I wont budge until the Dev's ensure it's accessibility, but until then, something to look forward too!

we still need:

1. PSP'ish save game management system
    2. Sync Camera Roll with iTunes
    3. Themes
    4. Mobile Finder - yeah right! LoL!
    5. Flash

If the mentioned 3.0 updates came from Apple AND developers... then why the heck wasnt a save game manager brought up?

tim

NOTE: dont think Hulu will ever be native for iPHone... takes away from iTunes. Although that would be nice to have it... if you can use Hulu over Jailbreak then that give me a reason to re-jailbreak!
    Last edited by klouud; 03-17-2009 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    how come i dont see any 1g owners complaining!!!!

I've had my iphone since Day 1 and now im force to freaking buy a new phone cause mine is out of date!!

Its the same bluetooth hardware!!! I could understand the MMS thing because edge is brutal but give me a2dp!!!

I hate life....
    It's business. Hell, they aren't even really obligated to give you these updates for free. There have been a few paid updates for the iPod touch and owners bit the bullet there. I agree, it sucks, but it is also coming up on two years old (or more once the firmware comes out). Much like you don't get a new OS when a new one comes out just because you have an older unit running the older OS, you won't get this.

This is probably also a bit of a push to get some of their 3G stores to go down before releasing a newer unit. With these features added, I am sure plenty of people (new customers and 1st gen customers) will be joining the bandwagon.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

tonightalive (03-19-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by rel1215 View Post
    i know, shame on apple (a business) for trying to sell more iphones and increase their profits....the government needs to step in and do something about it. come on dude, show me another phone on the market today that after a two year lifespan, its only problems are mms and streaming music to bluetooth headset.
    You are completely missing the point. Their reason for not supporting the EDGE iPhone is a 'hardware' issue. Total ********. Swirly works just fine, why can't Apple (the maker of the damn phone!) make it work. It's a ******** lie to move hardware, Apple is famous for this. Come on dude, step back and read the writing on the wall and use your brain. Has nothing to do with making profit. The reason Apple is doing this is to make people decide whether to upgrade for a feature that should have been there two years ago! The 3.0 software is a damn joke, all of these changes should have been on the phone when it debuted!!

That being said, I love my 3G, hate that AT&T charges me for 3G when I don't get it. Not Apples fault but crappy nonetheless. I will buy the next generation iPhone when it's jailbroken and stable. I just like the phone, but not the lies that Apple tells. Get a clue 'dude'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marys25 View Post
    ok so mms on the new software for the 3g phone...does this mean that AT&T will have to enable MMS feature on all Iphone? and people like myself who are still in on the 1st gen can use SwirlyMMS?
    No, not at all. They are two different units with two different contracts.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

marys25 (03-17-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Lol
    LOL, Wow I can't believe how many ppl are still complaining. Guys... lets give it up... we finally got most of what we have been asking for ... for the longest time...

So who cares if iphone 1g doesn't get bluetooth.. some one will hack that crap... relax... you've been jailbreaking and hacking all this time... who cares if you have to do it again...

And who cares how much you paid... the iphone 1g will be phased out sooner or later.. i'm surprised people aren't crying I should get GPS on the 1st gen cuz I paid 300++++ deal with it.. you guys paid what you paid... you guys used what you used.. you bought the device knowing what it could do... not what what it will do in the future.. regardless of what hacking can do ... face it some of you will buy the 3g some will buy the new one.. its like buying a car.. you buy the 2007 model.. when the 2009 comes out you don't go to the dealership and demand the new options be put in... some upgrades might me compatible and someone may not be offered though they may work... apples choice its always been their choice.. when will we learn that????

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by reanimationxp View Post
    GOOD POINT. This is the reason why.

Those arguing that they paid so much for their 2G are forgetting that we're paying MORE FOR OUR DATA PLAN. We will pay more than you did for your phone in our 2 year contract alone, so stfu. If you actually paid $600.00 for your 1G iPhone you're an idiot anyway.. I feel stupid enough having paid 300.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    You are completely missing the point. Their reason for not supporting the EDGE iPhone is a 'hardware' issue. Total ********. Swirly works just fine, why can't Apple (the maker of the damn phone!) make it work. It's a ******** lie to move hardware, Apple is famous for this. Come on dude, step back and read the writing on the wall and use your brain. Has nothing to do with making profit. The reason Apple is doing this is to make people decide whether to upgrade for a feature that should have been there two years ago! The 3.0 software is a damn joke, all of these changes should have been on the phone when it debuted!!

That being said, I love my 3G, hate that AT&T charges me for 3G when I don't get it. Not Apples fault but crappy nonetheless. I will buy the next generation iPhone when it's jailbroken and stable. I just like the phone, but not the lies that Apple tells. Get a clue 'dude'.
    The features SHOULD have been there, but it is obvious they didn't have to be. All firm updates that are not purely for stability are not even obligatorily free. We should all be happy they are finally throwing us a bone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    How can you continue to use the old flimsy *** 1g phone? The opportunity the new 3G phone came out I bought it and I dont even use 3G. I just love having the newest version! Not to mention it's 10x cleaner.
    the metal case has held up extremley well over the last 2 years unlike the cheaply made plastic 3g ones...

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Just as about all these devs got Bluetooth and C&P working on the iPhone, Apple come and bring their own in, I wonder if these apps will still be developed because I really liked Clippy.
    One thing I'm wishing for in the "100's" of new features is the ability to change SMS bubble colours, navigation bars(I really want blue or black instead of the dull blue/grey colour), popup colours etc without jailbreaking.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

screw it...

Everyone's complaining. Can't make anyone happy...

Fine...

Dammit I want 2 gigs of memory and a 250 gig SSD drive.

I want hologram video conferencing, and projector video display for video and games.

I want 7.1 surround sound external audio from the monophonic speaker. (bose can sort of do it...)

After that, then I will be impressed...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to boe_dye For This Useful Post:

tonightalive (03-19-2009)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    the metal case has held up extremley well over the last 2 years unlike the cheaply made plastic 3g ones...
    One of the main reasons I don't upgrade is due to the cheap build quality of the 3G, camera and no flash(as in the light for camera not Adobe flash lol), 2G feels mores solid.
    Hmmm I'm hoping the iPhone 3G comes down in price on O2 payngo then I'll think of buying it............nah I'll just get the 3rd gen

What I really want in the new iPhone is 2 speakers that are much louder than the N95-8GB and a mini sub woofer lol. If it had that I'd buy it just for the speakers, play some Metallica and get rid off all the chavs at college!!!!
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 03-17-2009 at 07:19 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    One of the maik reason I don't upgrade is due to the cheapness of the 3G, 2G feels mores solid.
    Hmmm I'm hoping the iPhone 3G comes down in price on O2 payngo then I'll think of buying it............nah I'll just get the 3rd gen
    I hope a new iphone comes out in June/July cause then i may be a bit happier, im on prepaid iphone now on a 1g and im getting a real plan in June/July when my sprint contract runs out and i can get a real plan

Thanks

THANK YOU!!!!

LOL.. technology changes... we have to deal with it.. be happy the iPhone is a solid device and has lasted as long as it has!!! and still has updates coming out!!!!

Lighter

Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    screw it...

Everyone's complaining. Can't make anyone happy...

Fine...

Dammit I want 2 gigs of memory and a 250 gig SSD drive.

I want hologram video conferencing, and projector video display for video and games.

I want 7.1 surround sound external audio from the monophonic speaker. (bose can sort of do it...)

After that, then I will be impressed...

Thanks

Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by franklinromeo View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    only sweet
    this is kinda heaven for my iphone!!!!
    and for me means things i really need

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast