Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

A company or seller has the responsibility and usually the human decency to keep buyers who bought the original up to date with software when possible. After all, without us the iPhone 3G and the next one will be NOTHING. Non-existent. The iPhones we bought for $800 and with FW 1.0.0 are crap compared to the 3G and this upcoming one. Stop trying to make a cheap buck and start to show some respect to your most loyal and vital customers.

Come on people, why not big features for the 2g owners? Think about it. Come this June thousands of people are going to be coming off their 2yr contracts and Apple/ATT need to offer some incentive for them to upgrade and lock themselves into another 2 years. What's the incentive, the new features on 3.0 they won't get with their old phone. Regardless of if there's new 3g hardware (and I suspect there will be, even if it's just a memory bump) Apple/ATT need something to keep the early-adopters from running off to greener pastures (Blackberry, Palm, Google) who have copy and paste, tethering, stereo bluetooth, and all the things Apple is finally playing catch-up with.

In the end this is a business and Apple/ATT will do whatever makes the best business sense to them. Offering new features to the old owners will only keep them on old hardware without a contract-lock-in. The best world for us early folk, but doesn't generate new cash for Apple/ATT.

The best thing would be for Apple to offer these features in 3.0+ upgrade for $25 or so. I'm sure they'd sell tons of copies, and I'm sure it would be broken and pirated within minutes, so that really isn't an option for Apple. So this isn't really an option for them, and ATT would probably ***** because it doesn't generate them any cash.

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    A company or seller has the responsibility and usually the human decency to keep buyers who bought the original up to date with software when possible. After all, without us the iPhone 3G and the next one will be NOTHING. Non-existent. The iPhones we bought for $800 and with FW 1.0.0 are crap compared to the 3G and this upcoming one. Stop trying to make a cheap buck and start to show some respect to your most loyal and vital customers.
    This is corporate America who cares nothing for customer loyalty and only about quarterly profits. Apple got your $800 years ago and wants some new cash, fork it up or shut up.
    Last edited by scottjl; 03-17-2009 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post
    F-YOU, contributed the least................ GIVE ME A BREAK. let me refresh your memory that WE spent three times as much on our phones as YOU 3g people did.

IT WILL TAKE YOU 3 YEARS PAYING YOUR PHONE BILL TO CATCH UP ON THE PRICE WE PAYED FOR OUR 1ST GEN........

why dont you get your head out of your a55 and realize WE are the ones who pushed this market to where it is...........
    Welcome to the world of technology:

Whatever you buy for however much money you spend will ALWAYS be outdated by something better for cheaper in a year or less. Complaining about it just shows how short-sighted you are. Maybe you should stop buying things seeing as how a phone upgrade can get you oh so angry.

Quote Originally Posted by GregTheWang View Post
    Wow, I didn't know we had so many stupid people here. For Apple fans, you of all people should understand how quickly technology moves and is updated. Complaining about a TWO YEAR OLD phone being crap compared to a LESS THAN A YEAR OLD phone with BRAND NEW OPERATING SYSTEM IN IT is about the most idiotic thing you can do.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 03-17-2009 at 05:19 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Still no video and bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    well whoopdie chit!
    I paid $400 for my 1st CD player in 1986, it didn't even have a remote control! I paid $350 for my 1st basic DVD player in 2000.
    I don't wander around Wal-Mart whining to people who are buying a $20 CD or $40 DVD player, and preaching to them about how if it weren't for me paying so much for mine, CD's and DVD's wouldn't even exist!
    Altho I AM pissed that my old $350 DVD player wont play Blu-Ray's!! lol

Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe its AT&T that doesn't want that crappy edge system bogged down with 100,000++ iPhone users texting huge files all day long?

I think maybe your head is up your a55 too! now chill. BTW, GO WINGS!!!
    I'm not upset that I payed $600 USD for my phone... or that it is ""supposedly outdated"" I understand the whole supply and demand thing(especially for technology). I knew the price I paid would decrease dramatically over time. *On a semi-side note, I did a simulation of supply and demand of introducing cell phones into the market, then global market, trying to determine when would be the best time to raise/lower prices and when to increase technology to the product in a college coarse.* What I am upset about is, this douche "Cartman13," saying that we, 1st gen owners, contributed the least...... which is completely ridiculous to say and reasonable to be upset over.

Now, I dont have THE NUMBERS in front of me, but I would be willing to bet a sufficient amount of money that Apples TOTAL GROSS of the 1st gen phone is MUCH GREATER than the TOTAL GROSS of the 2nd gen phones...... That guy hasn't a clue......

Also, I think it is a joke the Bull excuse that APPLE says it is a hardware issue for no MMS. I do however, understand that it will increase the data flow of pictures over EDGE, but ALL PICTURE PHONES, (before 3g that is) used edge to send photos....

AND, 3G users can turn off the "3G" network.... does this mean they wont be able to send pictures unless their in a place that has 3G coverage????

HOPEFULLY, in the summer when 3.0 and MMS comes out, it will be easier to use SwirlyMMS... (still dont understand how to get it working on an ATT network)

And last but not least...... 2nd "GO WINGS!!!"
    Last edited by mrblader; 03-17-2009 at 05:42 PM.
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

Thanks

yesssssssssssss the no1 phone is now the king. cant wait!

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

ok this is a really stupid question but now that mms is actually incorperated into the iphone will the messages count on the data plan or will we have to get mms plan seperatly?

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    Those of you that still use your iphone 1st gen probably contribute the least to apple or AT&T's bottom line. So why do you expect them to bend over backward for you?
    F**k you, the iPhone 2G cost waaay more than the 3G so stfu if you don't know what your on about!!!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

mrblader (03-17-2009)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This is exactly what the customers wanted! Apple finally got it right... 3rd time's the charm!

I honestly believe Apple would have strung their customers along, dickin around with these "features" for years to come IF the Pre didn't come along. I am not saying the Pre is gonna kick the iphone's butt.

After reading countless threads of the iphone missing this, that and the other things I feel many people with their 2 yr contract obligation coming to an end may have opted for another phone or service.

I find it extremely hard to beleive Apple couldn't develop or at least allow what they are offering in 3.0 6 months to a year ago, when some developers have already figured out things.

Copy and Paste. Wow. I am surprised Apple figured this one out. Thank you Clippy.

its good to see the major update, something we all deserve and Apple owes us.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

ok this is a really stupid question but now that mms is incorperated into the phone will we have to get a seperate mms plan?

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    ok this is a really stupid question but now that mms is incorperated into the phone will we have to get a seperate mms plan?
    I think AT&T has been "merging" text and mms into one package so my answer is "maybe".

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

that would be lame if we had to pay for mms.. we already pay the same that others do for regular phones.. why should we be any differant?

Quote Originally Posted by marys25 View Post
    ok so mms on the new software for the 3g phone...does this mean that AT&T will have to enable MMS feature on all Iphone? and people like myself who are still in on the 1st gen can use SwirlyMMS?
    I'm assuming that would be the case considering the iPhone PLAN is what is preventing this, and that will obviously be changed. It's easy to fool ATT into thinking you have a different phone than you really do. Good observation

Default Its about time
    It's a drag not being able to do simple tasks. I'm looking forward to this one!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyest View Post
    @2Gers:
    Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe its AT&T that doesn't want that crappy edge system bogged down with 100,000++ iPhone users texting huge files all day long?
    GOOD POINT. This is the reason why.

Those arguing that they paid so much for their 2G are forgetting that we're paying MORE FOR OUR DATA PLAN. We will pay more than you did for your phone in our 2 year contract alone, so stfu. If you actually paid $600.00 for your 1G iPhone you're an idiot anyway.. I feel stupid enough having paid 300.
    Last edited by reanimationxp; 03-17-2009 at 06:02 PM.

No mms for first gen lawl we will find away to fix that lol

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

All I can say....Is About Damn Time!!!

Come on people...I'm willing to bet within a few weeks of the official 3.0 launch it will be jailbroken, and we'll see someone "port" A2DP and native MMS over to the original iPhone.

Really, considering ALL the community has done since the iPhone came out, I think it's pretty stupid to think that we'll be without these features for too long...I mean, at least in my mind if both use the same bluetooth chipset it should be fairly simple...and as for MMS, if it is just app-driven couldn't one just copy the app off a 3G and put it on a 2G?? (I know there is more to it than that...but you get my point).

As for jailbreaking...Apple is stupid if they ever think this will go away, as there will always be things available for free or for money on Cydia/Rockyourphone/whatever that will never be allowed in the App Store.

Now if only someone could figure out how to add voicedial over bluetooth then I'd be happy, as every phone I've owned over the years has supported this feature but neither the 2G or 3G do...
    Last edited by Conundrum; 03-17-2009 at 06:13 PM.

I just busted one! MMS BABY!!!! And what the hell does "this summer" mean? Its all good because Im rolling with a first gen.... and this summer, Ill be picking up my new one. Whoooo!
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeh, I'm hoping there will be a jailbroken fix that will allow MMS and Bluetooth A2DP for 1st gen like the hackers did with Emoji

Or I'll have to buy the 3rd gen iPhone......only if it's jailbreakable which I'm hoping it is!!!!!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast