+ Reply
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
My god!!!!Thank you.. APPLE....now im going to go and do the happy dance.....
    Thanks
    My god!!!!Thank you.. APPLE....now im going to go and do the happy dance.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PRC777 View Post
    Wow, finally...I guess everybody is happy; I know I am!
    I'm only 99% happy
    99% + add Video-Cam recording = 100% happy

(why is APple so anti-video recording??) I cant see why it's a big deal for them to add it. I'm trying to picture a meeting in apple where some VP says "nope, we shouldn't add that, people might record bad things" (wrong, we can already take still photos what is the dif?) or "nope, the video quality isnt good enough, let's leave it out" (wrong, it's good enough for me) or "nope, it will take too much disk space" (wrong, force them to stream videos to 3rd party servers like qik.com)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    how come i dont see any 1g owners complaining!!!!

I've had my iphone since Day 1 and now im force to freaking buy a new phone cause mine is out of date!!

Its the same bluetooth hardware!!! I could understand the MMS thing because edge is brutal but give me a2dp!!!

I hate life....
    How could you understand the MMS thing? I have swirly and it works just fine on a 1st Gen. But I would like to be able to just use the standard iPhone one.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmccool View Post
    I'm pretty angry about not having MMS on first gen phones. I didn't buy one right away or anything but I don't believe there are actually physical limitations on the first gen iPhone since Swirly obviously made it work somehow. I just refuse to upgrade since I'm on T-mobile and isn't that whole situation still pretty shaky? I
    'll manage, obviously, but I just wish they weren't intentionally withholding features.
    Amen brother!

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    How can you continue to use the old flimsy *** 1g phone? The opportunity the new 3G phone came out I bought it and I dont even use 3G. I just love having the newest version! Not to mention it's 10x cleaner.
    Yeah, but when you're on T-Mobile... it's a bit expensive to buy a 3G. Unless you wanna buy me one???
    Last edited by unfaced; 03-17-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I'm cautiously optimistic. But I can't wait!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by €hR!$ View Post
    Not even close. Still no video recorder (or video streamer), tethering will most likely require an additional fee, no GBA, Super Nintendo, or SEGA emulators, SMS forwarding, no themes, no task manager, no UAFaker , and that's just some things I love on MY iPhone.

But it is enough to get me to buy the new iPhone at full price when my 3G is perfectly fine. I'm going to own two iPhones because I want MMS! lol
    Yeah I know. The more I thought about it the more I realized how much jailbroken stuff I really do use. 5 icon dock & backgrounder come to mind. SMS Forwarding will be in 3.0.

I must say though landscape texting is something I've always wanted and I was ready to buy the full version of iReal but now I'm going to get the lite version for quick reply. (Sorry iReal dev team )

Thanks

Very nice update, but flash and video are still glaring holes. Such an update makes me question if they are actually going to release a new iPhone or if this is supposed to cover up for that...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

KelvinalF
    Apples know slogan "We actually do listen... eventually."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Regarding no MMS you just answered your own question. Those of you that still use your iphone 1st gen probably contribute the least to apple or AT&T's bottom line. So why do you expect them to bend over backward for you? When i saw it my first thought was T wants everyone on the 3G iphone plan. Why not use MMS as an incentive... Brilliant! So don't kis yourselves... at the end of the day it's still a business....

Anyway, hopefully nothing gets quietly dropped between now and the release....
    If i say something stupid I apologize. If i say something smart: "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH".
    And if i help you, please hit the Thanks!

Thanks

Personally, I am not happy that all of us 2Gers are stuck in the past, since we spent the most money for these phones when compared to 3G owners. How can others figure out how to send MMS with the 2G but Apple can not (more like they chose not to). I truly believe that they want all of us to buy the new phone that comes out and forget about the 2G all together. Kinda makes me wish I would have got the 3G when I had a chance. Furthermore, if they come out with a completely new phone this summer/fall with all these new features plus some, won't their new rule of not being able to buy a new phone within 18 months kick in to action, thus more people left in the cold. Total crap that MMS and A2DP is not offered to ALL iPHONE OWNERS!!!!! Now I must weigh getting a new phone (either 3G or the "new" phone that might or might not come this fall) or just keeping what I have and keep using/finding jailbroken apps to fit my needs. So when some people say that 'jailbreaking is not longer needed', dont forget about people like me and Apple's stupid rules/procedures.

Edit: The post above mine is dead on the point. I have an old plan from cingular and with the old iphone plan and my other minute plan from cingular my bill is only $60/month. So if I do get the 3G or newest phone, I will have to re-sign a new 2 year deal and minute/iphone package plan. He was right, it is good business for Apple to do, but from my side of the coin, and others like me with 2G's, we feel screwed since it was our sale numbers that put the iphone in position to bank off the 3G and all future phones. Everytime I call AT&T, they tell me that upgrading my phone will take my monthly bill to about $80-85 per month. Right now, Clippy, Swirly MMS, and Cycorder are keeping me happy on my 2G.
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 03-17-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks

Ehhh. Idk. Not to sound like a downer but im not very impressed

Im soo happy with hclipboard that i dont care really about copy/paste.

Mms is cool

I hate spotlight more than anything in the world... At least in safari plus we already have searcher

On the sdk side im very pleased though

Apple is notorious for pulling out very original things in number jumps so we will wait to see
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 03-17-2009 at 03:19 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Question not yet seen
    The DEVs have access to 3.0 beta, which includes MMS support, but is AT&T yet supporting it?
    Anyone with the beta installed tried to actually send a MMS yet?

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Great news, I will probably un-Jailbrake. MMS / cut and paste is worth it for me. I love my sound notifications and stuff from Cydia but, I don't use my Cydia (Video Camera) as much as I thought I would. Now with the turn by turn GPS my BlackBerry Storm friends can eat dust! There new app programs won't be able to keep up. The iPhone has cornered the market.
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

Thanks

cut/copy/paste...check
    mms...check
    gps...check
    flash...i can deal without if i have the other three...and now i have something to look forward to next year

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Someone replied to my complaint about not having a Video recording feature in a post I made on Engadget. They have a good point. (sounds promising) What does everyone think?

"A video recorder app might be possible with the new API. There was mention of video/audio streaming. A video recorder is not currently possible because the API doesnt give enough control over the camera functions. You might actually find a video recorder on the app store soon."

Thanks

I actually find it a bit funny how all the "non-3G" owners are complaining about this update. You all knew that Apple is already like that... as soon as you get real comfortable with something, they go and release the next "new" thing and no longer care about your "oh so precious" device.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cartman13 View Post
    Regarding no MMS you just answered your own question. Those of you that still use your iphone 1st gen probably contribute the least to apple or AT&T's bottom line.
    F-YOU, contributed the least................ GIVE ME A BREAK. let me refresh your memory that WE spent three times as much on our phones as YOU 3g people did.

IT WILL TAKE YOU 3 YEARS PAYING YOUR PHONE BILL TO CATCH UP ON THE PRICE WE PAYED FOR OUR 1ST GEN........

why dont you get your head out of your a55 and realize WE are the ones who pushed this market to where it is...........
    8Gig > 1.0 FW (dead spot on screen)
    8Gig > 1.0.2 FW (broken vibrate after a while)
    8Gig > 1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2(Jonny5 Still alive)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mrblader For This Useful Post:

marys25 (03-17-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post
    F-YOU, contributed the least................ GIVE ME A BREAK. let me refresh your memory that WE spent three times as much on our phones as YOU 3g people did.

IT WILL TAKE YOU 3 YEARS PAYING YOUR PHONE BILL TO CATCH UP ON THE PRICE WE PAYED FOR OUR 1ST GEN........

why dont you get your head out of your a55 and realize WE are the ones who pushed this market to where it is...........
    That's a good point.
    1st gen users did pay a lot more for their phones.
    And didn't the 2.0 update cost money?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

SWEEEEEEET

but will it have SMS forward??

Thanks

Other features that it will have:

- YouTube accounts
    - anti-phising
    -"This is interesting. The app works out dieting and keeps track of glucose levels. We could definitely see this coming in handy for those with diabetes." "They're showing off glucose testing (finger pricking). Given the new SDK, the meter can transmit that data over Bluetooth or the dock connector." (Yay for me! )

So given that last point, BT data is now possible?

Read the link below

More info here: Live from Apple's iPhone OS 3.0 preview event

Thanks

well whoopdie chit!
    I paid $400 for my 1st CD player in 1986, it didn't even have a remote control! I paid $350 for my 1st basic DVD player in 2000.
    I don't wander around Wal-Mart whining to people who are buying a $20 CD or $40 DVD player, and preaching to them about how if it weren't for me paying so much for mine, CD's and DVD's wouldn't even exist!
    Altho I AM pissed that my old $350 DVD player wont play Blu-Ray's!! lol

Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe its AT&T that doesn't want that crappy edge system bogged down with 100,000++ iPhone users texting huge files all day long?

I think maybe your head is up your a55 too! now chill. BTW, GO WINGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrblader View Post

Last edited by TheOnlyest; 03-17-2009 at 04:06 PM.
    Praise the Devs! To each and every one of you who spend your time writing code and making apps for little or no profit... Its YOU that makes the iPhone great, NOT Apple!! From me to you, a million thanks!!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheOnlyest For This Useful Post:

mwcoexec (03-18-2009), theguy386 (03-17-2009)