+ Reply
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
woot woot!! These are some awesome updates for the new FW. Only thing that sucks is that not only would we have to wait for 3.0 to be OFFICIALLY released,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

woot woot!! These are some awesome updates for the new FW. Only thing that sucks is that not only would we have to wait for 3.0 to be OFFICIALLY released, but we would have to wait a bit longer for it to be JailBroken so we can get the rest of our good stuff on there (Cycorder, themes, etc.)

Thanks
    What???? No MMS for the first gen??? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks

oh my god..... finally.... there is a god...

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Mad
    how come i dont see any 1g owners complaining!!!!

I've had my iphone since Day 1 and now im force to freaking buy a new phone cause mine is out of date!!

Its the same bluetooth hardware!!! I could understand the MMS thing because edge is brutal but give me a2dp!!!

I hate life....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xfsasx For This Useful Post:

marys25 (03-17-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

wow... I'm pretty sure I ji***d in my pants when I read this thread...
    -Cody

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

What about Video-Cam recording?

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post

I've had my iphone since Day 1 and now im force to freaking buy a new phone cause mine is out of date!!

Its the same bluetooth hardware!!! I could understand the MMS thing because edge is brutal but give me a2dp!!!

I hate life....
    no one's making you do anything. chill out.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks

This is some pretty good news thats been a long time coming.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm pretty angry about not having MMS on first gen phones. I didn't buy one right away or anything but I don't believe there are actually physical limitations on the first gen iPhone since Swirly obviously made it work somehow. I just refuse to upgrade since I'm on T-mobile and isn't that whole situation still pretty shaky? I
    'll manage, obviously, but I just wish they weren't intentionally withholding features.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPhone (not 3G) and I'm happy with Swirly. Apple says it's a hardware issue, but then how did Swirly figure it out?? Whatever, I'm happy for those that don't JB so they can use these features. I'll also eliminate Clippy when this comes out...but I think iRealSMS is still pretty sweet. Not sure if I'll get rid of that.

I'll always JB to customize my themes and of course unlock since I'm on TMobile, but this is great! I'm sure the devteam will have the JB and Unlock before it's released to the public.

Can't wait to use the Peer to Peer to share photos and stuff with my wife's phone.

I do have one question...I know they said no transfer of music, but what if my wife and I share an iTunes account? Can we then share music?? That would be sweet...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow, finally...I guess everybody is happy; I know I am! There were so many Apple haters talking about how much of a "crapple" the iPhone is (not on this site, of course; I think the 3.0 firmware is a big middle finger to those trolls.

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post

I hate life....
    How can you continue to use the old flimsy *** 1g phone? The opportunity the new 3G phone came out I bought it and I dont even use 3G. I just love having the newest version! Not to mention it's 10x cleaner.
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

No MMS or A2DP for iPhone 1st gen, wtf????? MMS works fine over GPRS, every phone that uses GPRS has MMS. This is Apples tactics for 1st gen users to upgrade to 2nd gen or 3rd gen when it comes. Stick your 3.0 up your a55 and I'm going to keep on using cracked apps for that Hardware issue my a55, I'm even more pissed of now!!!!

There better be an option to disable the landscape keyboard, I hate it auto rotating when I'm using my iPhone in bed.

^^Why I still have a 2G, it looks better than the 3G, 3G is toooo popular and uncool, 2G is cooler, I don't need 3G or GPS.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 03-17-2009 at 02:34 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetallicaFan1991 For This Useful Post:

GregTheWang (03-17-2009), keviNNz (04-06-2009), mrblader (03-17-2009), Vasco9 (03-18-2009)

Thanks

wow, what a release!! I might have to trade in my bold for a 3g. For all u 1st gen users just change ur imei to a gophone and mms will work.....how many times do we have to go over that lol
    Same username on: hondatech, 7thgenhonda, clubrsx, orlandoforums, civicforums

Green Apple
    Thanks

[irrelevant]
    Last edited by tonycortes; 06-09-2010 at 01:17 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LastSonOfKrypton View Post
    Wow! They've almost eliminated the need to jailbreak! All they need is Winterboard and allow unlocking!!!!!
    Not even close. Still no video recorder (or video streamer), tethering will most likely require an additional fee, no GBA, Super Nintendo, or SEGA emulators, SMS forwarding, no themes, no task manager, no UAFaker , and that's just some things I love on MY iPhone.

But it is enough to get me to buy the new iPhone at full price when my 3G is perfectly fine. I'm going to own two iPhones because I want MMS! lol
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All the reasons I didn't get an iPhone at first seem to have been remedied. I used to be against getting an iPhone cause it was missing so many features but I eventually gave in and got mine a few weeks ago. Nice to see that it'll be able to do almost as much as my blackberry used to do. Too bad well have to wait a little while for it to be jailbroken though.

Thanks

1) finally. this **** should have come coupled with my first iphone when i got it in november of 07 (i think lol)
    2) for people complaining about mms... use swirly it works perfectly fine on my 1st gen and 3g. i somewhat agree since swirly allows it on 1st gen, why can't apple? but whatevs. its just apple politely telling the most faithful followers to upgrade but i didn't get the 3g because of the 3g or gps, i got it because i was presented with a trade i wanted (n95-3 for 3g 16gb)
    3) finally. Apple has listened to most of the necessities. still no video recording, but i have cycorder for that (thanks saurik), no flash....WTF... and probably other things i forgot to mention, but altogether a good reason to spring to 3.0

i still won't be upgrading till its jailbroken though

3g 16gb iPhone 2.2.1
    Jailbroken on AT&T

If I help you, help me by pressing THANKS =]

MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Thanks

The actully did something right ... now someone come out with a hack for it anyways ... !!! QUICKLY

iPhone? More like MyPhone rel1215's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    No MMS or A2DP for iPhone 1st gen, wtf????? MMS works fine over GPRS, every phone that uses GPRS has MMS. This is Apples tactics for 1st gen users to upgrade to 2nd gen or 3rd gen when it comes. Stick your 3.0 up your *** and I'm going to keep on using cracked apps for that Hardware issue my ***, I'm even more pissed of now!!!!

There better be an option to disable the landscape keyboard, I hate it auto rotating when I'm using my iPhone in bed.

^^Why I still have a 2G, it looks better than the 3G, 3G is toooo popular and uncool, 2G is cooler, I don't need 3G or GPS.
    i know, shame on apple (a business) for trying to sell more iphones and increase their profits....the government needs to step in and do something about it. come on dude, show me another phone on the market today that after a two year lifespan, its only problems are mms and streaming music to bluetooth headset.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to rel1215 For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (03-19-2009)