Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

iPhone? More like MyPhone techgirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Asurf - Here is how to BYPASS THE UDID REGISTRATION.

For Windows Users(Vista or 7)…

1.Click on start

2.type in “Search programs and files” firewall.

3.Try to find windows firewall with Advanced Security if you are in windows 7 otherwise try to get on the advanced settings of windows firewall.

4.Create a new outgoing rule that blocks iTunes.exe from using the internet.

5.Enjoy

This will just stop iTunes from accessing the internet which prevents it from checking if ur UDID is on the Developer List.

For Mac Users..

1. Disconnect the internet once you plug in ur phone…

Source: Guide: Bypass the UDID registration for OS 3.0 - iPhone Breaking News - iPhoneFreakz

Techgirl at your service... Modding MyPhone since Day 1!

AIM: lindseycholmes
    Facebook: lindseycholmes

For those on 3.0 beta. How is it exactly that the landscape keyboard in the SMS app work? Does it only turn landscape after you begin typing a message (ala biteSMS), or is the text app now fully landscape (ala iReal, you can read conversation threads in landscape, or even the main conversations screen in landscape)??? I haven't been able to find any screenshots to figure out how it works, and I'm really curious. Thanks

EDIT: Ahh, find the video walkthru that shows conversations in landscape. So I guess my only question is if the main screen listing all your conversations can be in landscape or not...
    Last edited by glydewake; 04-09-2009 at 12:09 AM.

Thanks for great update. How can I upgrade my 2G iPhone to this new v3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Selam sta ima? Kod mene radi bez problema!
    And again in English?

Quote Originally Posted by ambatuan View Post
    Thanks for great update. How can I upgrade my 2G iPhone to this new v3.0?
    Wait until it is released in June.
    Last edited by confucious; 04-11-2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

wwowwww , that sound great

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^^lol

Like others here... I can't look thru 20 pages!!

How does OS 3.0 update affect either Yellowsnow or Rebel simcard?
    Do you still need modem f/w 2.28 (I think from memory) to use Yellowsnow?

Having said that:

a) I think I am in the fortunate position of having a h/ware unlocked phone bought in China.... so I assume it would stay unlocked if I try 3.0
    b) I assume Jailbreaking is go... ??
    c) From what I read you don't need an Apple Dev account to activate phone.. (although at $99 I am tempted and to sell on a few positions at $5 a shot..)

Sorry if answered elsewhere..
    Cheers all..

iPhone? More like MyPhone djdraco's Avatar
    Thanks

and all apples people said....amen. freakin finally this is happening. i just like the rest of us i'm sure are tired of trying to remember a lame *** user and pass for looking and what sometimes ends up being a horrible picture someone sent us.

Quote Originally Posted by radiomean View Post
    Like others here... I can't look thru 20 pages!!

How does OS 3.0 update affect either Yellowsnow or Rebel simcard?
    Do you still need modem f/w 2.28 (I think from memory) to use Yellowsnow?

Having said that:

a) I think I am in the fortunate position of having a h/ware unlocked phone bought in China.... so I assume it would stay unlocked if I try 3.0
    b) I assume Jailbreaking is go... ??
    c) From what I read you don't need an Apple Dev account to activate phone.. (although at $99 I am tempted and to sell on a few positions at $5 a shot..)

Sorry if answered elsewhere..
    Cheers all..
    Why ask questions that you can't be boithered to read the answers too that you are not interested in. If your phone is officially unlocked it will remain so.

some cowboys have (sort of) jailbroken it.

why are you trying it if you're not a dev? By a dev kit and then wonder why you can't sell slots.

Your choice.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

This is be awesome, I will download it for free because I own an iPhone 3G (:

People, this is JUST the beginning! Sure Apple answered a lot of our complaints. It sucks we have to wait for Summer. But hey its a start! MMS is HUGEEEE! I'm sure (more like hope) in the following updates after, Apple will in fact find a way to support non 3G owners (I have a 3G). I do feel its unfair non 3G owners won't be able to enjoy MMS capabilities. I also think Apple may in fact bring out video recording and flash support in the future as well. They "gave in" this much, I don't see why they would hold out any longer. UNLESS these greedy peeps decide to have it on a totally NEW iPhone and us Edge & 3G owners will have to suffer from a lack of it! I HOPE NOT! Now we have to wait. I'll be waiting on a hack anyways, so I may not be updating to 3.0 right away anyways. **Keeping fingers crossed****.
    Last edited by IPHONE_XXIII; 04-13-2009 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Missing a word, It wouldn't have made much sense, without it! Go 3.0!!

Default What I'd like to know.. (H/W unlock)
    is how to tell if phone is really hardware unlocked..

As I said I couldn't ask (not speaking Chinese too well )
    if they had h/w unlocked..

I can obviously ssh into it so can see all files (I think)
    But maybe it is buried somewhere encrypted (I would assume so..)

Any thoughts plse?

Cheers all..

PS having read around a bit, you can sorta JB it but as very few JB apps run on 3.0 what you lose is a lost of your JB apps (and about half my apps are JB so I doubt I will 'upgrade' ..)

PPS yes I know you don't need Dev acct to activate either..

PPPS move this if it belongs in another section..

its good to hear about OS version 3 for iphone, but before updating i would like to know that is there any JailBreak available, also is there any iphone Firmware file for this version available. plear help me
    thanks

hey guys i have the OS 3.0 beta 2. but can some one tell me what happens if i install that when im not a registered devoleper?

u brick ur phone

get ur device UDID added by a dev and install it legally

Quote Originally Posted by zinjen View Post
    How can you continue to use the old flimsy *** 1g phone?
    I think the plastic back on the 3G is alot more "flimsy" than the metal one on the 1st generation. Plus my friends 3g got all chipped up from putting her headphones in and out of it all the time. She might be alittle rougher with her iPhone than others but the cheap flimsy plastic around the headphone jack easily chipped on her and she never had that problem with her 1st generation.

What do u think is "flimsy" on the 1g?

Quote Originally Posted by sriks View Post
    u brick ur phone

get ur device UDID added by a dev and install it legally
    well how can i get my device UDID added by a dev?

Hey everyone! I was just writing to let you know that I would LOVE to help test the 3.0 beta software, but I cant afford to become a developer, if there are ANY developers out there who want me to test something, i'll be HAPPY to give you my UDID or whatever it's called to make it work. It would be appreciated! If you want something in return im sure we can make a deal of some kind.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast