Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

for sure

Default what are the 100 new features
    Does anyone actually have the full list of the 100 new features? It seems everywhere I look I only see about 10 of them. For example, can you select from different VM notification sounds in the sound settings?

Quote Originally Posted by PAKIS-RULEZ View Post
    lolzzz i never said i was smart or above any other person just saying that the other mod called me retard and he is an a who tried to flame the topic in first place....
    You know what, I'm just going to start deleting your posts if you can't be bothered to properly type and punctuate stuff.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Read this - start at the bottom.
    mate this is ace, just read it, i'm most definitely going to be getting that. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Serial45 View Post
    mate this is ace, just read it, i'm most definitely going to be getting that. Cheers.
    I just hope it's something I never have to use!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'm sure this has been answered before in here but I'm too lazy to look through 19 pages, does anyone know what is with the turn by turn directions??? Where are they??

Won't be supported natively but the new SDK/OS will allow for 3rd-party companies to make turn-by-turn apps.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Not cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyman500 View Post
    Not cool...
    Very cool!

It means ALK will finally be allowed to make CoPilot for the iPhone
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

this is such a good news...wonder when is it going to come out for the public!

Probably sometime after we get FW3.0 in June...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

woahwoah, this means another LLLOOONNNGGG wait for it to be jailbroken and unlocked...correct??

if so, then lots of us are screwed.

I'm really excited for all the things 3.0 is going to deliver. I can't wait until summer! (Hopefully the beginning and not the end)

Quote Originally Posted by ohemgeeitsNiko View Post
    woahwoah, this means another LLLOOONNNGGG wait for it to be jailbroken and unlocked...correct??

if so, then lots of us are screwed.
    It hasn't been unlocked yet, but the dev team has announced that they have jailbroken it already: Dev-Team Blog
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    It hasn't been unlocked yet, but the dev team has announced that they have jailbroken it already: Dev-Team Blog
    really? that's cool. but it seems like 3.0 covers all the bases of jailbreaking. it doesn't even seem like it's needed anymore, except for unlocking of course.

but they're have been many rumors scattered around that t-mobile are gonna wind up with AT&T just like cingular. that would solve peoples problems with having to unlock their iPhones but, i doubt that's gonna happen anytime soon, especially by the time the new software is officially released..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have been on the 3.0 beta 2 jailbroken for a week now and it is amazing! You really can not tell that it is a beta. Bluetooth, MMS, and landscape texting rocks.

Just had the liberty of updating my 3G 16gb iPhone to Firmware 3.0 Let me start by echoing other threads messages... "do not attempt unless you have plenty of free time" (and of course unless you know what you're doing). Nuff said. Firmware 3.0 out of the box is, well, iphone out of the box. Really plain o vanilla.

Pros: Addition of Voice Memo (old news to jailbreakers) and A2DP support for bluetooth stereo "YEAH!" I'm happy to report, I've tested it with my Motorola S9 headset and it sounds pretty good. Sounds like the ear buds. Although it lacks the functionality of the audio controls (Play/Pause/FF/RW/Stop) that the S9 are equiped with. But it is nice to go cordless. Its 2009 and i can't believe I'm finally saying that about my iPhone (sigh). Hopefully Apple will support Bluetooth audio controls on their official release.

Cons: UDID authentication on leaked firmware is a bit of a challenge to overcome. Quite frankly, I didn't have the patients to overcome it. As a test device, I went without the ability to actually use it as a phone. Only updated my modem to 04.22.01 to test the A2DP. Not really moving forward. Downgrading to 2.2.1 is also a challenge. WinPwn2.5, DFU only with iTunes 8.1 will work smoothly. Others will output error codes. But it will downgrade only your fw, your baseband will remain 04.22.01 (Sigh). At the rate that these updates are releasing, it is only fair if Apple starts paying developers and iPhone owners for using, testing and developing their product for them.

Conclusion: Happy about A2DP, it works. Miss my Cydia, ICY is not quite there yet but at least there's an alternative. QuickPWN3.0 will do the trick to jailbreak and activate but you will lose your phone capability. Simply cannot make and receive calls or sms without registering UDID. My advice, be patient and wait a few more weeks. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by asurf View Post
    it is only fair if Apple starts paying developers and iPhone owners for using, testing and developing their product for them.
    No - this is only for developers who want to develop for it - id they do they don't need to be paid to do it. If they don't they should NOT be using it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Here is an example of turn by turn directions in OS 3.0 Beta 2:

you need to have Yellowpages mobile installed for this:
    1. go into YELLOWPAGES and look for a place...like Radio Shack
    2. Program will respond & ask if it is OK to use location services.
    3. Respond YES
    4. Yellowpages comes back with GPS Icons and how far
    they are from your location.
    5. Click on the nearest LOCATION
    6. When GPS brings up map, go to bottom of screen and
    click on folding paper (bottom right) for next screen info
    7. Click on LIST
    8. First screen returns with a list of TURN BY TURN DIRECTIONS

I beg to differ with you about OS 3.0 Beta 2.
    If I have used the KEYPAD within PHONE and press HOME:
    1. If I then try to go back into the KEYPAD within PHONE,
    by selecting PHONE, I get DIALER for a second, then I get a blank screen.
    2. Then I select all contacts or favorites.
    3. Then I reselect KEYPAD and it is functional.

* This is defintely a BUG.
    Last edited by thevmax; 04-08-2009 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast