Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Os 3.0 can bite me
    I've had nothing but PROBLEMS since downloading and installing OS 3.0. Most functions did not initally work, i.e. App Store, Weather Channel, Weather, Itunes, Safari... I hard rebooted several times with lots of time in between. Finally functions started to come back...BUT WAIT?! WHAT'S THIS! OH NO! Try to get WiFi turned back on by going into Network only to find that it now takes 45 seconds to get network screen to come up. So I downloaded FREEMEMORY under the sneaking suspicion that OS 3.0 was sucking up memory better than my last girlfriend! AND I WAS RIGHT. Mem had splintered down to 1.67MB of free memory. VERY LATE last night most functions came back. Today things were running...with help from FREEMEMORY - until I left the iPhone alone with itself (never do this!) and WIFI had been turned off in some sort of sneaky way! I tried to go back in and turn it on, but you know these things have a mind of their own! So, YES REBECCA, a hard reboot in the A*& and finally WIFI was back on. I downloaded YELLOW PAGES MOBILE from APP Store and tried to run it. Once I selected Dominos Pizza a grid of many stores came up. Tapping on one near my house for directions...caused the wonderful OS 3.0 to go back to home screen with no info. Several more tries and OH NO MR BILL the system locked up. Remember Johnny Paycheck's song "Take this JOB and shove it"
    ...I will be re-releasing it as "Take this OS and shove it":
    and the title of this Thread should be re-named "iPhone 3.0 denounced and disturbed. Everything you didn't want including the flasher!"

FW 3.0 is a beta - why did you install it if you wanted a stable OS?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    I've had nothing but PROBLEMS since downloading and installing OS 3.0. Most functions did not initally work, i.e. App Store, Weather Channel, Weather, Itunes, Safari... I hard rebooted several times with lots of time in between. Finally functions started to come back...BUT WAIT?! WHAT'S THIS! OH NO! Try to get WiFi turned back on by going into Network only to find that it now takes 45 seconds to get network screen to come up. So I downloaded FREEMEMORY under the sneaking suspicion that OS 3.0 was sucking up memory better than my last girlfriend! AND I WAS RIGHT. Mem had splintered down to 1.67MB of free memory. VERY LATE last night most functions came back. Today things were running...with help from FREEMEMORY - until I left the iPhone alone with itself (never do this!) and WIFI had been turned off in some sort of sneaky way! I tried to go back in and turn it on, but you know these things have a mind of their own! So, YES REBECCA, a hard reboot in the A*& and finally WIFI was back on. I downloaded YELLOW PAGES MOBILE from APP Store and tried to run it. Once I selected Dominos Pizza a grid of many stores came up. Tapping on one near my house for directions...caused the wonderful OS 3.0 to go back to home screen with no info. Several more tries and OH NO MR BILL the system locked up. Remember Johnny Paycheck's song "Take this JOB and shove it"
    ...I will be re-releasing it as "Take this OS and shove it":
    and the title of this Thread should be re-named "iPhone 3.0 denounced and disturbed. Everything you didn't want including the flasher!"
    Wow sounds like you should have read through the forums before upgrading to 3.0 which is clearly BETA.
    Apart from that you should read the FAQ i posted if you "don't have the time" to scroll through the posts.
    If you don't like 3.0 why not just downgrade?
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

IF a company is offering a product (like an Operating System) that will be released to EVERYONE by this summer, then it seems reasonable to presume that it should be a WORKING SYSTEM with most of the bugs out! It's easy for you to "ask the question" when you haven't jumped in yourself. Poetic Folly's discourse on OS 3.0 makes things seem like "Who wouldn't want to move up to 3.0? Look at all the benefits...supposedly w/o problems! I don't have to justify anything to you...but I will! Previous phones I have owned have had A2DP, which allows wireless Bluetooth stereo playback from your phone. I have enjoyed using this feature at one of my jobs where I get to be outside doing maintenance work, while enjoying the music of my choice in stereo (without having to buy an IPOD!)
    I have been a programmer/analyst for 20 years and I would never release a product that is as poorly designed as Apple's OS 3.0!

I did read through the forums before downloading 3.0. Everyone was jumping up and down.
    As far as downgrading goes, it's probably not possible, since the software is:
    VERSION 3.0 (7A238j) CARRIER: AT&T 3.5 FIRMWARE: 04.20.01
    but as a question of do or die, I am going to try downgrading anyway.
    Last edited by thevmax; 03-31-2009 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

IF a company is offering a product (like an Operating System) that will be released to EVERYONE by this summer, then it seems reasonable to presume that it should be a WORKING SYSTEM with most of the bugs out! It's easy for you to "ask the question" when you haven't jumped in yourself. Poetic Folly's discourse on OS 3.0 makes things seem like "Who wouldn't want to move up to 3.0? Look at all the benefits...supposedly w/o problems! I don't have to justify anything to you...but I will! Previous phones I have owned have had A2DP, which allows wireless Bluetooth stereo playback from your phone. I have enjoyed using this feature at one of my jobs where I get to be outside doing maintenance work, while enjoying the music of my choice in stereo (without having to buy an IPOD!)
    I have been a programmer/analyst for 20 years and I would never release a product that is as poorly designed as Apple's OS 3.0!

I did read through the forums before downloading 3.0. Everyone was jumping up and down.
    As far as downgrading goes, it's probably not possible, since the software is:
    VERSION 3.0 (7A238j) CARRIER: AT&T 3.5 FIRMWARE: 04.20.01
    but as a question of do or die, I am going to try downgrading anyway.
    They released 3.0 Beta for DEVELOPERS to incorporate support and utilize the new features for their Apps. If Apple waited to release until june to release 3.0 to Developers similatneously with the public their APPs would not work in some cases and would have support for the new features.

Apple discovered this problem with the 2.0 firmware last year. (THUS 3.0 BETA)

The release was NOT intended for NON-IPHONE DEVELOPERS (public) nor do they even have support for it.

*Downgrading is very possible as i have done it myself on my 3G.
    **I have an FAQ with details on "How to Downgrade"
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post3693961

I have been a programmer/analyst for 20 years
    And you don't know ahat a Beta is?

Now that's scary!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    And you don't know ahat a Beta is?

Now that's scary!
    hahahahahaha!

---------------------------

@confucious
    You said in a previous post that the baseband is controlled by the hardware, would it be possible to get into that part of the phone with a fake "Baseband Update"? I know that would be up to the Dev team to design but if they can get ahold of the firmware couldn't they just modify the firmware to accept a false baseband?

To do that they would have to find an exploit at a lower level than the baseband - and if they could do that they could probably find a 'hard' unlock.
    So far the Dev team have not been able to do this for the 3G, but who knows? I'm sure they are looking into it and if they do we'll hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    To do that they would have to find an exploit at a lower level than the baseband - and if they could do that they could probably find a 'hard' unlock.
    So far the Dev team have not been able to do this for the 3G, but who knows? I'm sure they are looking into it and if they do we'll hear about it.
    I am not familiar with anything lower than the baseband, or it's just 3:40am.
    So upgrading to a false BB in an fake update is out of the question. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by varsityanchor View Post
    I am not familiar with anything lower than the baseband, or it's just 3:40am.
    It's 8:50 am here - I'd better go to work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    If you want people to follow your opinion, the least you could do is not make it sound like a retarded 8 year old who just discovered what a keyboard is wrote it.
    Bang
    If you have an intercourse with me - its love
    If I have an intercourse with you - it is pedophilia
    :/

-> iPod Nano 8GB - never broke down
    -> iPhone 2G, CFW 2.2.1, spoofed IMEI, unlocked
    -> Forgot to add. iPhone broke down exactly 104 times in 5 months, I went through 138 FW/CFW restores on 6 different PCs

Guys does anyone have an idea if we can jailbreak an iphone 3G 2.2.1 with a firmware of 02.30.01??????? please reply just got a new Iphone that I cant use... its killin me

You can jailbrake, no problem. Just not unlock.

Thanks

MMS?! Time for Sexting lol

FYI 3.0 Beta 2 has been released for Developers and have also been told to start developing with push notifications in mind.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

do anyone else not have the ability to send mms on 3.0 beta 2? or does it only work with AT&T? because I'm with Telstra in Australia and am able tos end mms with swirly so why wont beta 2 let me? i never tried beta 1 just went right to 2

i'm not sure about abroad, but i know a good amount of 3.0 users on AT&T in the US are getting MMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Other features that it will have:

-"This is interesting. The app works out dieting and keeps track of glucose levels. We could definitely see this coming in handy for those with diabetes." "They're showing off glucose testing (finger pricking). Given the new SDK, the meter can transmit that data over Bluetooth or the dock connector."<
    Good god you're joking? I have diabeties this would be a bloody amazing feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Serial45 View Post
    Good god you're joking? I have diabeties this would be a bloody amazing feature.
    Read this - start at the bottom.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

Serial45 (04-06-2009)

Thanks

can we pick pics from the camera roll and check them and do a mass delete like in mail.
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast