+ Reply
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 336

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK haha dang! are you sure thats what I really have to do? Can't I possibly back up my iphone, then restore the 3.0, then sync all
...
  1. #221
    Green Apple varsityanchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    haha dang! are you sure thats what I really have to do?
    Can't I possibly back up my iphone, then restore the 3.0, then sync all of my stuff back to my phone again? Or would I need to start fresh? (and to restore the 3.0, I would have to press "Shift + Restore" and follow the same steps correct?)
    Yes you would have to start fresh because the firmwares are not yet compatible because as far as Apple is concerned they don't need to be. Just back up all your contacts and start fresh. Unless you want to keep you txts... I still have some from september lol.
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

  2. #222
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,290
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 917 Times in 832 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    varsity, my youtube keeps giving me a "Cannot connect to YouTube" error. Do you know whats wrong here exactly?
    This is a problem with the Beta - I don't think anyone has got it working.

    One question, someone pointed out that landscape text was available for new SMS according to the release presentation. They did not mention landscape in replying or forwarding texts. Can you confirm that it is?

    Thanks
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  3. #223
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    73
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Please delete, sound the answer
    Last edited by tigermad; 03-24-2009 at 06:31 AM.

  4. #224
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,290
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 917 Times in 832 Posts

    You sound the answer? was it very loud?



    Sorry, couldn't resist - someone on another forum pointed out that I probably wouldn't want a Dull keyboard when what I'd meant to type was a Full keyboard.....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  5. #225
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 42 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    This is a problem with the Beta - I don't think anyone has got it working.

    One question, someone pointed out that landscape text was available for new SMS according to the release presentation. They did not mention landscape in replying or forwarding texts. Can you confirm that it is?

    Thanks
    Yes, landscape texting has all of the same functions as portrait. Forward, reply, delete, copy, paste, etc...
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

  6. #226
    Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Upper Marlboro, MD
    Posts
    1,321
    Thanks
    166
    Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    This is a problem with the Beta - I don't think anyone has got it working.
    YouTube should work in 3.0 if you set up as a new phone. Mine works fine.

  7. #227
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,290
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 917 Times in 832 Posts

    [Edit] This is reply tothe MMS post - not youtube post which was posted as I was typing this![/edit]
    I assumed it would but nice to have it confirmed!

    One more thing, in the MMS App, can you enter settings if you are using your phone on a different operator?

    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post
    YouTube should work in 3.0 if you set up as a new phone. Mine works fine.
    Thanks for that - am I right in thinking yours is a 2G iPhone?
    Last edited by confucious; 03-24-2009 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  8. #228
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    southern california
    Posts
    248
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 42 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    [Edit] This is reply tothe MMS post - not youtube post which was posted as I was typing this![/edit]
    I assumed it would but nice to have it confirmed!

    One more thing, in the MMS App, can you enter settings if you are using your phone on a different operator?

    Thanks
    actually i am unsure of whether or not this is possible. Somebody else should check this out. By operator do you mean carrier?
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-24-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

  9. #229
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,290
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 917 Times in 832 Posts

    Yes I do mean carrier, not having 3.0 myself I can't check it, but using T-mobile instead of O2, I am interested.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  10. #230
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    is it free

  11. #231
    My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    West Milwaukee
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 36 Times in 28 Posts

    Cool iPhone OS 3.0 INFO from APPLE
    You can sign up as a developner for free.
    Then if you want a copy of OS 3.0 you can download it for $100.
    ...for those of you who can't wait til summer!

  12. #232
    Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,917
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 129 Times in 102 Posts

    Im selling slots for 2 bucks a pop, but the first 10 people to pm me get in free

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to JedixJarf For This Useful Post:

    burdell1 (03-26-2009)

  14. #233
    What's Jailbreak? mediaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jakarta,Indonesia
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Yes....we still need the to forward message.....hope it's work now....

  15. #234
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    417
    Thanked 108 Times in 80 Posts

    Y wouldnt mms work on 1st gen?
    Same hardware as the 3g except gps and 3g which has nothing to do with mms
    Mms is thru gprs or any available data source
    So unless they deliberately left mms out of the 1st gen firmware to force people to upgrade, i call bullsh!t

  16. #235
    Green Apple varsityanchor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    Y wouldnt mms work on 1st gen?
    Same hardware as the 3g except gps and 3g which has nothing to do with mms
    Mms is thru gprs or any available data source
    So unless they deliberately left mms out of the 1st gen firmware to force people to upgrade, i call bullsh!t
    The iPhone has two separate parts the Apple's OS and the GSM circuit board.
    The iPhone 2G's Bandwidth is restricted because of its Radio Frequency.
    The iPhone 2G runs of of a different radio frequency than the 3G making MMS difficult.
    Im sure a firmware update could fix this, but apple wants to push consumers to purchase new products.
    Look out for a fix by the Dev Team sometime after 3.0 is Released.

    -Varsity
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

  17. #236
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,290
    Thanks
    139
    Thanked 917 Times in 832 Posts

    A couple of points -
    A firmware fix will not change the frequency - that is controlled by hardware.
    MMS can be delivered over GPRS so I don't believe there is a technical problem but it is far less efficient than UMTS and it is possible that AT&T asked Apple not to include it because if people start sending MMS on there GPRS network it would cripple it.

    This is pure speculation of course.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  18. #237
    iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Franicisco
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Default Initial Impressions of 3.0
    Having had 3.0 for about a week now, I thought I'd share my initial impressions...

    Overall, it appears very stable; sometimes apps run slow when responding to input; but have had very few crashes.

    Bluetooth: A2DP works well; paired right up with my indash stereo that supports A2DP. iPhone lets you select between speaker and BT (or accessory port if plugged into an audio accessory). Does not support AVRCP

    I had MMS working before with my AT&T account and Swirly; and continues to work with the native messaging app.

    Landscape mail is great for reading certain HTML mails... can expand to readable type size without having to scroll back and forth... Still need a way to turn off rotation for reading in bed ;-)

    All of my (100) apps seem to be working fine, sans 1

    Overall, happy using 3.0; but i really miss some of my jailbreak apps such as Categories, having an html signature, iComing, Notifications and to a lesser degree themes and custom fonts.

    Now if I can just be patient until the new phone comes out....

  19. #238
    iPhoneaholic equlizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Will it communicate with a GPS meaning send data between the 2?

  20. #239
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    325
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    Having had 3.0 for about a week now, I thought I'd share my initial impressions...

    Overall, it appears very stable; sometimes apps run slow when responding to input; but have had very few crashes.

    Bluetooth: A2DP works well; paired right up with my indash stereo that supports A2DP. iPhone lets you select between speaker and BT (or accessory port if plugged into an audio accessory). Does not support AVRCP

    I had MMS working before with my AT&T account and Swirly; and continues to work with the native messaging app.

    Landscape mail is great for reading certain HTML mails... can expand to readable type size without having to scroll back and forth... Still need a way to turn off rotation for reading in bed ;-)

    All of my (100) apps seem to be working fine, sans 1

    Overall, happy using 3.0; but i really miss some of my jailbreak apps such as Categories, having an html signature, iComing, Notifications and to a lesser degree themes and custom fonts.

    Now if I can just be patient until the new phone comes out....
    For the bluetooth aspect of 3.0, does it play the audio from the voice dialing apps? that has been one of the things that I have been waiting for....

  21. #240
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    _4rM_Pk_
    Posts
    145
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 9 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    This is exactly what the customers wanted! Apple finally got it right... 3rd time's the charm!

    its not the 3rd time its just all about business. they could have added these features in first time they release but apple are bastards and want to make money... by release new version every year or so lol. trust me apple can spent money to buy best programmers to code their OS they can make apps as well all matter of wat they want. another thing is apple is greedy bastards. they have no shame b/c they know no matter wat ppl will come to them lol. and about the video recording even if you say they didin't know why they added capability to record in the 1st gen and when they released the 2nd gen still not added and now they are addding it in 3rd gen.. my friend its all about the game and money and keep the business rolling. that the only thing apple is proly making money in other stuff i doubt they can sell... as 98% of the world is not running on MAC or MAC laptops. on top of that they are expensive. so windows will always have advantage.. in gaming world and pricing. as mac sux.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts