+ Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
^You cant bypass activation on 3.0
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^You cant bypass activation on 3.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

does 2.2 not already have turn by turn GPS directions? Or does it mean you wont need to click the next arrow to go to the next direction, the iphone will use 3g to position you and automatically proceed to the next direction? Is that correct?

Can't wait for bluetooth audio too, finally can get rid of my ridiculous belkin tunecast and its fuzzy interference.. if it'll work with my parrot bluetooth handsfree that is.

also, no 'find in page' is disappointing, i found that on a jb app when i was on 1.1.4 but as far as i know you cant get it for 2 series firmwares
    Last edited by tikigod19; 03-23-2009 at 05:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Someone please help me I downloading 3.0 software into my iphone and i need to downgrade to 2.2.1 please help me downgrade? if not please tell me how to by pass activation please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlr27886 View Post
    Someone please help me I downloading 3.0 software into my iphone and i need to downgrade to 2.2.1 please help me downgrade? if not please tell me how to by pass activation please?
    See cpjr's post 2 before yours.

Is yours a 2G or 3G?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by t-baum View Post
    Does it have landscape sms?
    in the video he says "landscape sms for new messages"

does that mean it doesn't apply to replys and forwards? Or did the edited version of the video that I saw miss out the important detail on this

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard that you will need a 3g phone to use this update, anyone know if that's true ?
    can see it for Turn-by-Turn but wondered if you will be able to load this release on a 1st gen iphone.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Not true. It will be for the 2G as well.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rico002 View Post
    so how do i get one? or does anyone have one? i have the 3.0 ipsw
    You wont be able to find it here due to copyright issues (Im sure our friends at modmyi don't want to get shut down by posting links lol)

You should browse torrent sites, i am a developer and i am NEVER seeding my copy because it is linked to me.

Google is a great resource, hope everything works out!

-Varsity

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Wowww.. my appologies MODMYI.COM, i didnt know that was against forum policy. If I knew that I wouldnt have wrote about what I wrote (please excuse the redundancy).

Anyway for those of you that were following my story, here are some screen shots of my 3.0!

And PLEASE NOTE: varsityanchor knows exactly what he is talking about. He has provided the most amount of information for those interested in upgrading, should anyone have any doubts about upgrading, please listen to us both. It is very tricky when downgrading from 3.0 to 2.2.1, because it isnt originally built to do that, so you're essentially getting a third party app to try and take care of it for you. Also, on the downside, 3.0 is definitely buggy, but should you not mind, good luck with what you want to do.

varsity, my youtube keeps giving me a "Cannot connect to YouTube" error. Do you know whats wrong here exactly?
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-23-2009 at 07:37 PM.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Please help me someone i need my phone to iphone 3G 16GB white to work again i downloaded that stuped leak 3.0 beta please someone help me downgrade my iphone i will never do this again I been out out my iphone for 2 days now i suffered enough please help me?

MY IPHONE IS A 3G 16GB WHITE
    Last edited by jlr27886; 03-23-2009 at 07:39 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jlr27886 View Post
    Please help me someone i need my phone to iphone 3G 16GB white to work again i downloaded that stuped leak 3.0 beta please someone help me downgrade my iphone i will never do this again I been out out my iphone for 2 days now i suffered enough please help me?
    Here buddy, I know how it feels. I did that exact same thing not too long ago and promised myself i wont do that again. Im helping you if you're promising you're not going to do that again and search before attempting these kinds of things...

Although im not aloud to post links for these kinds of things, i can tell you to go to youtube and search how to undo this. theres this guy on there that says "UMMMMM" a LOT in his video, and in the description, he says everything to do. it is possible that you should enter some keywords for example downgrade and the software version?

Hope this helps, sorry for being vague.
    -[r]

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^We dont mind discussion....you can explain to him how to downgrade thats fine.

We just dont want any linking. Thanks though.

And anyways, here goes.

Just shift-click restore to 2.2.1 in Itunes. It WILL give you an error at the end, thats ok.

Now, Open quickpwn and it will tell you that the phone is in "recovery" mode and needs to be reset first.

Hold down the HOME and POWER buttons for 15 seconds, release HOME and hold POWER another 2 seconds.

The phone should boot to the lockscreen.

I have successfully done this 3 times.
    Last edited by cpjr; 03-23-2009 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^We dont mind discussion....you can explain to him how to downgrade thats fine.

We just dont want any linking. Thanks though.

And anyways, here goes.

Just shift-click restore to 2.2.1 in Itunes. It WILL give you an error at the end, thats ok.

Now, Open quickpwn and it will tell you that the phone is in "recovery" mode and needs to be reset first.

Hold down the HOME and POWER buttons for 15 seconds, release HOME and hold POWER another 2 seconds.

The phone should boot to the lockscreen.

I have successfully done this 3 times.
    thats EXACTLY how you do it.
    And remember when you're doing the holding parts, you have to be EXACT, so open up your computer clock or something and watch the seconds counter as you hold it.

and got it! will use for future
    -[r]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    Wowww.. my appologies MODMYI.COM, i didnt know that was against forum policy. If I knew that I wouldnt have wrote about what I wrote (please excuse the redundancy).

Anyway for those of you that were following my story, here are some screen shots of my 3.0!

And PLEASE NOTE: varsityanchor knows exactly what he is talking about. He has provided the most amount of information for those interested in upgrading, should anyone have any doubts about upgrading, please listen to us both. It is very tricky when downgrading from 3.0 to 2.2.1, because it isnt originally built to do that, so you're essentially getting a third party app to try and take care of it for you. Also, on the downside, 3.0 is definitely buggy, but should you not mind, good luck with what you want to do.

varsity, my youtube keeps giving me a "Cannot connect to YouTube" error. Do you know whats wrong here exactly?
    I'm working on that right now... did you by any chance enable tethering?

I hear enabling that setting messes up you tube... ill be back later with more information!

-varsity

Ok so after some trial and error i found out how to keep YouTube active.

Turns out the 2.2.1 Backups aren't fully compatible with 3.0 Beta... (Wonder why it's a Beta?)

If you restore from a 2.2.1 backup YouTube won't work with 3.0.

If you restore your phone to 3.0 and set it up as a new phone you can keep YouTube alive... along with other things that where getting messy for some users.

I would love to know if anyone has success with this so post up some feedback!

-Varsity
    Last edited by varsityanchor; 03-23-2009 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To find yourself, think for yourself Socrates 469 BC

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Has tethering been made available for the 2G version? I read that it's only 3G, but is there a workaround?

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by varsityanchor View Post
    I'm working on that right now... did you by any chance enable tethering?

I hear enabling that setting messes up you tube... ill be back later with more information!

-varsity

Ok so after some trial and error i found out how to keep YouTube active.

Turns out the 2.2.1 Backups aren't fully compatible with 3.0 Beta... (Wonder why it's a Beta?)

If you restore from a 2.2.1 backup YouTube won't work with 3.0.

If you restore your phone to 3.0 and set it up as a new phone you can keep YouTube alive... along with other things that where getting messy for some users.

I would love to know if anyone has success with this so post up some feedback!

-Varsity
    Nope, apparently I can not enable tethering because I am with AT&T. That probably blocks out a LOT of us iPhone users here on this forum, but that is just an opinionated guess.

Whenever I try to launch it, it simply says "Cannot connect to YouTube". I am unsure why even still. Ive tried turning it off and on, and tried resetting my connection, tried it with 3g and wifi -- yet nothing.

Also, did you notice Apple didnt give us a "force quit"? Thats odd... that means we have to force shut down if an app crashes, or just wait and hope that something happens.

nevertheless, I still love this software. I never really used YouTube on my phone, but I would like to see the new features so I can start using it on my iphone...

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoxmfan View Post
    Has tethering been made available for the 2G version? I read that it's only 3G, but is there a workaround?

Thanks!
    tethering does not work on edge. 2G is only edge. That is what I have read and the only thing I have heard. So no, it wont work.
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-23-2009 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -[r]

Thanks

Nope, apparently I can not enable tethering because I am with AT&T. That probably blocks out a LOT of us iPhone users here on this forum, but that is just an opinionated guess.

Whenever I try to launch it, it simply says "Cannot connect to YouTube". I am unsure why even still. Ive tried turning it off and on, and tried resetting my connection, tried it with 3g and wifi -- yet nothing.

Also, did you notice Apple didnt give us a "force quit"? Thats odd... that means we have to force shut down if an app crashes, or just wait and hope that something happens.

nevertheless, I still love this software. I never really used YouTube on my phone, but I would like to see the new features so I can start using it on my iphone...

tethering does not work on edge. 2G is only edge. That is what I have read and the only thing I have heard. So no, it wont work.
    Did you try to do a restore and set up as a new phone?

Thanks

Did you try to do a restore and set up as a new phone?
    The thing is, I have all of my text conversations and other small stuff backed up that I need and know I wont be able to replace if I wipe the phone clean. I wouldnt think thats really necessary either ?
    -[r]

Thanks

The thing is, I have all of my text conversations and other small stuff backed up that I need and know I wont be able to replace if I wipe the phone clean. I wouldnt think thats really necessary either ?
    Haha i know what you mean. Well now if you ever really want YouTube you know what to do.

Thanks

Haha i know what you mean. Well now if you ever really want YouTube you know what to do.
    haha dang! are you sure thats what I really have to do?
    Can't I possibly back up my iphone, then restore the 3.0, then sync all of my stuff back to my phone again? Or would I need to start fresh? (and to restore the 3.0, I would have to press "Shift + Restore" and follow the same steps correct?)
    -[r]