+ Reply
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 Announced and Detailed. Everything you wanted except Flash.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
whats push notifications?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am hearing that since the new os 3.0 will be released
    this summer, that the postponement on the new 3g iphone will be delayed until the holidays.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingram20 View Post
    omg I don't think I have ever seen so many pissed off people about an update.

So what so you wont have mms on the 1st gen now wait a minute over half of you complaining say you have swirly mms now look thats free while us upgraders of the 3g will probably have to pay for the extra service.

So sit back shut up and stop complaining if you want mms so bad just email the pics to you're friends there a writeup about every service email address for example att [email protected] that is att default gateway for mms and for people that don't know the x's are the phone number.

So please either upgrade, continue useing swirly, or 3 shut the hell up about it you should have upgraded anyway allready most the time when new things come out they are better and I can tell you one thing the 3g is way better it's a cleaner look, in my oppion 3g is the best and seeing's that im a truck driver I go thru 3g areas all the time and love it.

so please stop complaining this is the worst complaining thread I have ever seen ( and i looke at alot of threads all over the web to do just about anything and everything) so stfu please for all of are sakes if you cant say anything nice don't speak at all.

o ya go beg you're mommy for the iphone 3g lol
    Your email theory has a huge hole in it namely that it does not work with all carriers. I have tried it. MMS is crap IMO, but people seem to have an affection for it so they should have it...whether they use it every day or never at all.

The 3G areas you speak of are few and far in between. AT&T's 3G network is pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by iphonekid View Post
    I got a g1 for christmas and really dont like it and was looking at blackberrys
    I had the iphone before i got the g1 and my dad never canceled the account for at&t
    3.0 makes me want the iphone back
    I have a ipod touch 2g
    Should i keep the g1 , go back to the iphone, or get a blackberry
    I know the iphones the best choice but i have a ipod touch!
    help
    Sell your touch and get the phone This way you only need to carry around 1 device.
    Last edited by CaptainChaos; 03-19-2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rickyscivic View Post
    Here's an idea. It's crazy I know but just listen to it.

USE GOOGLE TO FIND OUT.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wait, I have a iPhone 3g. But in my area, I do not have 3g coverage. MMS will still work over standard EDGE, correct?

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^Yes, just like it does on every other phone.

Thanks

I'm new to the site but i have just successfully loaded the 3.0 firmware onto my phone so i thought i would share some picture with everyone.

Home Screen

New Messaging app with Landscape View, MMS Support, and Cut Copy Paste
    MMS is currently not functional in iPhone 3.0 (7A238j) Beta Build.

Landscape View in Contacts Search, More Detailed Contact Info.

General Info.
    So this looks pretty promising so far. The OS is a little buggy but it has so many more features. I enjoy using it. If there are any pictures you'd like me to post just PM me.
    Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Black and white screen. Terrible where is the color?
    Weak

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpepster View Post
    Black and white screen. Terrible where is the color?
    Weak
    i dont understand what you mean by black and white, looks color to me besides that it is not jailbroken. Do u have access to a jailbroken ipsw for 3.0?

Thanks

Show us the tethering program and the new blutooth protocols. Other than that i dont really believe you. I can make my firmware say ver# 3.0 too if i like with firmware faker on cydia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    Show us the tethering program and the new blutooth protocols. Other than that i dont really believe you. I can make my firmware say ver# 3.0 too if i like with firmware faker on cydia.
    Did you see the other screen shots or did you decide to pick one thing out and criticize it? Since I am not a programmer and don't personally know how to enable tethering since its locked by apple, i cannot get pictures of it. As far as blue tooth, I don't use it and don't plan on it. The screen shots i posted are sufficient proof of 3.0. Thanks for the warm welcome I'm sure people like your friendly comments on here.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

^We do appreciate the screenies, some people dont have very good manners (cough equlizer cough)

And why not believe him?? Theres alot of people running 3.0, hell I've got it on one of my phones, runs pretty decent for a beta.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^We do appreciate the screenies, some people dont have very good manners (cough equlizer cough)

And why not believe him?? Theres alot of people running 3.0, hell I've got it on one of my phones, runs pretty decent for a beta.
    Glad to hear it! Thanks for the support CPJR! Cheers! I'll post more if i find anything interesting!

-Varsity

iPhone? More like MyPhone brett k's Avatar
    Thanks

HUH! If you're reading from the end of this thread dont bother reading the middle parts, it's a big waste of time

Well I'm sad that I wont have stereo bluetooth on my 1st gen phone, but I'll probably get the new iphone when it comes out, plus I just ordered some matadors from Aerial7.com - The Artistry of Sound
    I'll let youse know how they are (I got the black ones, not the ones that look like a starburst commercial)

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

My prayers have been answered! all the wonderful new features and its already jailbroken... my life is complete... NEW PHONE PLEASE!!!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equlizer View Post
    lol. With all of the people offering to add phones to the developer program, its pretty easy to get to 3.0. BTW, thanks for posting the screenshots varsity...

Also, for MMS, go to this post. http://www.modmyi.com/forums/iphone-...ml#post3651531
    Last edited by ajl917; 03-21-2009 at 07:09 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

is there an actual ipsw for 3.o or like a beta?

OK SORRY, there is a beta...just wanted to make sure. i wasnt sure, cuz i got one but didnt know if it was real lol, but idk much about it. sry again
    Last edited by rico002; 03-22-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rico002 View Post
    is there an actual ipsw for 3.o or like a beta?
    There is an actual Beta 3.0 ipsw file. You can download it almost anywhere since its been out for a few days now.

I wouldn't recommend updating to Beta 3.0 unless you know what you are doing and also have access to a iphone UDID dev list.

Warning**
    If you update to 3.0 and are not on a dev list you will not be able to use your phone. iTunes will not activate it. The only thing you could do from there is get on a dev list or downgrade which is not fun from what people have been posting.

Cheers!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by varsityanchor View Post
    There is an actual Beta 3.0 ipsw file. You can download it almost anywhere since its been out for a few days now.

I wouldn't recommend updating to Beta 3.0 unless you know what you are doing and also have access to a iphone UDID dev list.

Warning**
    If you update to 3.0 and are not on a dev list you will not be able to use your phone. iTunes will not activate it. The only thing you could do from there is get on a dev list or downgrade which is not fun from what people have been posting.

Cheers!
    so how do i get one? or does anyone have one? i have the 3.0 ipsw

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Can someone help me bypass activation with the 3.0 verion iphone 16gb please?

how do you downgrade from 3.0?
    Last edited by jlr27886; 03-22-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost