Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch 2G has Bluetooth Functionality, 3.0 to Unlock it!

Quote Originally Posted by simonlcheng View Post
    wait, wat is A2DP? )
    You can't be serious.

I got a g1 for christmas and really dont like it and was looking at blackberrys
    I had the iphone before i got the g1 and my dad never canceled the account for at&t
    3.0 makes me want the iphone back
    I have a ipod touch 2g
    Should i keep the g1 , go back to the iphone, or get a blackberry
    I know the iphones the best choice but i have a ipod touch!
    help

edit*
    @ simonlcheng
    A2DP- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
    you will be able to use those bluetooth headphones w/o the little dongle!

edit2* Thats right, right?
    maybe. I think thats ^ stereo bluetooth and A2DP could be a file transfer thing
    correct me if i am wrong
    Last edited by iphonekid; 03-18-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Helping out
    iPod Touch 2G jailbroken (untethered)
    Macbook Pro 3GB ram 2.5 GHz Colorwared Black with Red Apple Logo
    iMac 2GB ram 2.6 GHz
    HP Touch Smart 2GB ram

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simonlcheng View Post
    wait, wat is A2DP? )
    Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

This profile defines how high quality audio (stereo or mono) can be streamed from one device to another over a Bluetooth connection.[1] For example, music streamed from a mobile phone to a wireless headset.

A2DP was initially used in conjunction with an intermediate Bluetooth transceiver that connects to a standard audio output jack, encodes the incoming audio to a Bluetooth-friendly format, and sends the signal wirelessly to Bluetooth headphones that decode and play the audio. Bluetooth headphones, especially the more advanced models, often come with a microphone and support for the Headset (HSP), Hands-Free (HFP) and Audio/Video Remote Control (AVRCP) profiles.

A2DP is designed to transfer a uni-directional 2-channel stereo audio stream, like music from an MP3 player, to a headset or car radio.[2] This profile relies on AVDTP and GAVDP. It includes mandatory support for the low complexity SBC codec (not to be confused with Bluetooth's voice-signal codecs such as CVSDM), and supports optionally: MPEG-1 , MPEG-2, MPEG-4, AAC, and ATRAC, and is extensible to support manufacturer-defined codecs. Most bluetooth stacks implement the SCMS-T digital rights management (DRM) scheme. In these cases it is possible to connect the A2DP headphones for high quality audio

As a new original iPhone owner I would say stick with the G1, that or trade all of them for a new HTC Touch HD or similar. I have had my iPhone for just a couple of weeks and now know it is mostly hype. I can not believe that it does not have full bluetooth capabilities, sync, stereo, wireless gps, etc.. The phone really has some short comings in comparison to a WM6.1 phone.

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Apple's 3.0 firmware page on their website
    None of the reporting websites are linking to it and they aren't putting it in quotes, as if it's a logical conclusion (it isn't; the iPod touch 2G and the iPhone 3G are similarly "different" and all three including the original iPhone are "capable."

Hope this is release soon, sounds great.
    This might be useful some one told me you can
    buy an Unlock SIMs card which
    You actually put on top of your
    sim card it opens your iphon
    enabling you to use any net work you choose
    and it is legal as any one heard of this
    before?

according to this apple event, bluetooth will not be available for the 2g phone.
    YouTube - Apple March 2009 Event: iPhone OS 3.0 Preview
    Now either the hardware is different which is what they claim, or they just won't include the coding for activating it. I personally hope it's the latter cause I have a 2g and would very much like to have bluetooth so if it's possible, then maybe sooner or later a jailbreak can settle the issue.

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ I think it's just a software issue. Someone will figure it out and add the proper framework

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^ IF we're lucky and the sun don't shine. . I've been hearing about BT and Apple for eons. IF they include anything, it will be crippled. Apple's not going to give up their stranglehold that easily. If full BT is important, gotta move away from iPhone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

ronzo (05-17-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    ^ I think it's just a software issue. Someone will figure it out and add the proper framework
    I hope you are correct sir, cause that would make me a happy camper!

Iphone 3G, Mac Book, Ipad Mini, Vista, Windows 7

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Well there are lot of 2G users out there and a lot of determined people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12