+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: $100 Credit is Here!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
well after waiting a while the sms message showed up and I printed out my rebate. I am going to the apple store this weekend to get a airport extreme
    OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

well after waiting a while the sms message showed up and I printed out my rebate. I am going to the apple store this weekend to get a airport extreme base station, I'll hand over an additional $80.
    So I tip my hat to Mr Jobs , you are good. Of course you would not be thrilled to know I getting the base station to make it easier to hack the iphone.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Thanks =)
    Yay! Thanks...I'm at the apple store right now....Hopefully this works...Now I need to decide what to get! =)
    I <3 Steve Jobs and want the new iMac

Thanks

I used firefox! everything worked fine! got my text message, went shopping! picked up a car charger, stereo cable and a component cable! already have a bluetooth and case so these were the only things I really needed! the car charger is THE main one I needed!

Now I can plug my phone into anything and play music! woo hoo!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

SWEET! Thanks for the notice!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Does anyone know what would happen if someone who bought the iPhone AFTER the price drop date tried to do it? My room mate actually applied for the rebate on Apple today, and it actually did it for him, he printed out the form and everything just like mine did cause I bought one BEFORE the price drop & already used mine.. so it obviously gave him his.. do you think APPLE or AT&T would bill him or something because it approved him for the gift card..?!!??!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So about the itunes thing

I went to the apple store and they wouldn't let me get an itunes gift card. I came home and called apple, because you can get the gift cards through the mail online so why not in the store. Apparently they ARE allowed to sell gift cards just not "gift certificates" so if someone at the apple store refuses to let you get an itunes gift card tell them to check up the fine print because that apparently is allowed.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default SMS Snag in $100 Apple Store Credit Process
    I'm stuck at Step 2 of the $100 Apple Store Credit Process. I've entered my phone number but can't get the access code. I cancelled my ATT service within the 30-day trial period (and am without service in Canada to boot). Given my situation I can't get my hands on the "free SMS text message containing [my] unique credit access code." Help!!

Do any of you know a way of getting the SMS text message some other way?

Thanks.

Fox
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by river0 View Post
    I'm stuck at Step 2 of the $100 Apple Store Credit Process. I've entered my phone number but can't get the access code. I cancelled my ATT service within the 30-day trial period (and am without service in Canada to boot). Given my situation I can't get my hands on the "free SMS text message containing [my] unique credit access code." Help!!

Do any of you know a way of getting the SMS text message some other way?

Thanks.
    Well for starters you canceled your Phone service; so no SMS Messages for you.. which means no Code

Example: you have to enter a Phone # and serial # then it takes your info and generates a Code to send to your Phone #.. but wait you don't have service;ie no active phone #; so no Message for you..Sorry Bro your out of Luck..

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, at the moment I'm out of luck but what if I try the following? I take my original service AT&T SIM card and install it in a new iPhone I'll be buying this Monday (I'm selling my current iPhone to a friend in Canada who will be using a Rogers SIM). Then I transfer my old AT&T iPhone number to my new iPhone. Then I install my original AT&T SIM, activate the phone, and download my SMS message.

Hope springs eternal, so where in my scenario will the process go awry?

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Well for starters you canceled your Phone service; so no SMS Messages for you.. which means no Code

Example: you have to enter a Phone # and serial # then it takes your info and generates a Code to send to your Phone #.. but wait you don't have service;ie no active phone #; so no Message for you..Sorry Bro your out of Luck..

Fox
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by river0 View Post
    Yes, at the moment I'm out of luck but what if I try the following? I take my original service AT&T SIM card and install it in a new iPhone I'll be buying this Monday (I'm selling my current iPhone to a friend in Canada who will be using a Rogers SIM). Then I transfer my old AT&T iPhone number to my new iPhone. Then I install my original AT&T SIM, activate the phone, and download my SMS message.

Hope springs eternal, so where in my scenario will the process go awry?

Well the only thing I see wrong with that is the Serial #'s... the one you enter, can't be the new one. that is registered with Apple I do believe and they will know when it was purchased. And throwing your old sim card in your new phone, won't really help since you canceled the service.. The service follows the Sim card not the phone..

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

ok so I got code but I dont have a printer. Can I just give them the numbers and get my credit, or will I need to print it??

Fox
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kainisable View Post
    ok so I got code but I dont have a printer. Can I just give them the numbers and get my credit, or will I need to print it??

if you go into a store you will probably need to print it.. they scanned mine when I took it to them, didn't think to ask about not printing it. But I know you can enter the codes into the Apple store online if you don't have one locally for the Redemption towards a purchase..

iPhone? More like MyPhone kainisable's Avatar
    Thanks

if you go into a store you will probably need to print it.. they scanned mine when I took it to them, didn't think to ask about not printing it. But I know you can enter the codes into the Apple store online if you don't have one locally for the Redemption towards a purchase..
    ok thanks alot, i didnt want to go to the store with just numbers, then have to go back home

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i wonder if u can make it in a picture file on put on your phone and see if they'll be able to scan it. or bring it up on the internet at the store

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Update to my earlier post, I called the apple store just now and I have confirmed that you CAN buy itunes gift cards, both online, and in the store.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

has this not worked for anyone else?

i bought my phone the beginning of jul @ the at&t store..activated through itunes

but when i enter my information it tells me i may not be eligable ?

Thanks

Yeah, im having the same issue. I think it may be because I had my old Verizon number ported over about a month after I had initially activated the phone with iTunes. It may not match the new number with my serial number. I emailed [email protected] with my new phone number and serial number, and they told me i am eligible and everything should work now.

I just tried to enter my information again, but I got the same error. I wrote them another email.. I am kind of upset that its still not working (especially after they told me that it was).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i emailed them twice and havent gotten a response

edit: just emailed them again..this time i got acknowledgement of receipt
    Last edited by k0mpresd; 09-15-2007 at 11:42 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

is anybodys youtube down?
    mod edit, old signature removed

Thanks

Yup.. Cannot connect to youtube..