+ Reply
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: $100 Credit is Here!

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
I think this was the easiest most painless non-waiting credit i ever got in my life. Time to buy a nano for $99 as a christmas gift
...
  1. #21
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    1,834
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 321 Times in 176 Posts

    I think this was the easiest most painless non-waiting credit i ever got in my life. Time to buy a nano for $99 as a christmas gift

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    27
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djmaddy View Post
    just got my apple $100 credit! wooo! Anyhow, for those wondering what i'm using. Its an iphone bought from ebay, activated, but unlocked now running my att plan, and i disabled my edge network, so no huge fees since i dont need internet on the run =]

    Yea i got mine from ebay and still got the 100.00 credit...I'm going to buy the New Nano

  3. #23
    Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,339
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 70 Times in 62 Posts

    wow there aint much for the iphone...
    mod edit, old signature removed

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    106
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 22 Times in 7 Posts

    i have a corporate account so i activate outside of itunes and it won't let me get the credit.

  5. #25
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i just tried an it said i wasnt eligible but i remember i had a different number when i first got it so i tried the old number an it worked but its sent the text to the old number so i had to call apple an get its straightened out so if u changed ur number ur gonna have to call apple.

    oh an P.S dont mine the grammar lol

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone zoidberg md's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    RENO NEVADA!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posts
    229
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    From the site:

    "To receive a credit, customers must submit requests between September 13, 2007, and November 30, 2007"

    "ill take care of that later" doesn't sound like a good idea on this one.

  7. #27
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    i bought the bluetooth headset - Im a glutton for punishment when it comes to apple.

    Quote Originally Posted by zoidberg md View Post
    From the site:

    "To receive a credit, customers must submit requests between September 13, 2007, and November 30, 2007"

    "ill take care of that later" doesn't sound like a good idea on this one.
    I know someone mentioned waiting til Leopard. Guess you cant if it's release date is after nov 30th :-\
    Last edited by fr3nch13; 09-14-2007 at 12:53 PM. Reason: date edit

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    It activates, but not legitimately. AT&T doesn't see that I have an iPhone so I can't get the rebate, and I'd like to activate through iTunes so I can get the rebate.

  9. #29
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,475
    Thanks
    569
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by razn View Post
    Anyone know how I can activate my phone legitimately? I have tried going to the Apple Store, the AT&T Store, and calling both support numbers many times. Could a previous unlocked keep some files on the iPhone to keep it unlocked even after restoring?
    If you don't have an AT&T account, you can't get the credit. If you have had an iPhone just sitting there for months now, you have bigger issues and need to visit AT&T or Apple and have them sort out why it isn't working. Sounds fishy to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by fr3nch13 View Post
    I know someone mentioned waiting til Leopard. Guess you cant if it's release date is after nov 30th :-\
    They prob meant waiting to use the credit on Leopard. Once you get the credit, it has no expiration date.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  10. #30
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ijustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    185
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    I activated my iphone I bought on Aug. 21st and it work like a breeze. Then I tried to activate one I bought for my girlfriend the day of the price drop and IT WORKED!!! So I have $200 credit!! WOOT!!! (YES I BOUGHT A 4GB IPHONE FOR $299 ON THE 5TH OF SEPTEMBER AND GOT THE REBATE) I dont know how but I just followed the same steps on both.

  11. #31
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts

    anyone know if you still can get this, even if cancel your account.

  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iphone, Iphone.
    Posts
    225
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts

    WOOT I GOT MY 100 DOLLARS!!!!
    If anyones wondering you CAN buy Itunes Gift Cards on the apple website.

    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...dsCertificates

  13. #33
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default I had the same problem
    Quote Originally Posted by ps2gamer02 View Post
    i just tried an it said i wasnt eligible but i remember i had a different number when i first got it so i tried the old number an it worked but its sent the text to the old number so i had to call apple an get its straightened out so if u changed ur number ur gonna have to call apple.

    oh an P.S dont mine the grammar lol
    I called apple they said I had to email so I called att and they credit it off my bill is that what happened to u

  14. #34
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    If you don't have an AT&T account, you can't get the credit. If you have had an iPhone just sitting there for months now, you have bigger issues and need to visit AT&T or Apple and have them sort out why it isn't working. Sounds fishy to me.
    But I do have an AT&T account, have for years. There's nothing fishy, I got my phone SIM card unlocked (not carrier) just like half the other people on this forum cause I didn't want to sign a two year contract at the time. Therefore I never went through the activation through iTunes, but my iPhone still activates utomatically after a restore. Now I want to be able to activate through iTunes (the option never shows up, even after a restore), so AT&T recognizes that I have an iPhone, and so I can get the rebate..

    I have gotten about 3 new SIM cards from AT&T, still can't get the activation screen on iTunes (Just the iPhone saying its activated after a restore). Everything works except visual voicemail, obviously. I have tried calling and going to both Apple and AT&T stores, and no one can help me.

    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by razn; 09-14-2007 at 03:32 PM.

  15. #35
    Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Posts
    8,475
    Thanks
    569
    Thanked 4,799 Times in 1,223 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
    anyone know if you still can get this, even if cancel your account.
    Nope. Must have a valid account.

    Quote Originally Posted by razn View Post
    I have gotten about 3 new SIM cards from AT&T, still can't get the activation screen on iTunes (Just the iPhone saying its activated after a restore). Everything works except visual voicemail, obviously. I have tried calling and going to both Apple and AT&T stores, and no one can help me.

    Any thoughts?
    I'd just walk into AT&T and say hey, I've had this thing for months and I can't use it. Make it work.

    If they don't know how, have them call the boss. If he doesn't, have him call his boss. Eventually, someone up the chain will know how to fix it. My buddy had the same issue. Took him 48 hours to clear it up, but he was on and off the phone the whole time. Just don't take no for an answer.

    Only said it was fishy cause you said you've had it for over a month, and its just been sitting there. No big deal, you're just busy. If I paid $600 for something and it wouldn't work, I'd fix it or return it. ha.
    .


    ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

    Sivart (09-15-2007)

  17. #36
    OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, Ca
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    went to link using Firefox, blue getting started button didn't show, used safari and it's there.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

  18. #37
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    noice!! i just went to the store with mine and for a fm tuner, it ******* works awesome, not as good as the highspeed in my other car but still pretty decent.

  19. #38
    Fox
    Fox is offline
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I printed out my Rebate this morning and walked into my Apple store this afternoon, and looked around for a while trying to decide what to buy with my credit... I wanted the Bose or Shure headphones but they are freaking huge and there's no way they would fit under my Motorcycle helmet.. so I needed to update my Alarm clock and decided on getting This
    I got it in black.. just too bad it doesn't dock my iPhone, but works great with my Nano, and it even has a USB port on the top so I can charge my iPhone in one unit..that's nice..

    Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    noice!! i just went to the store with mine and for a fm tuner, it ******* works awesome, not as good as the highspeed in my other car but still pretty decent.
    What?!I wanted to get an iTrip for my iPhone but the Apple guy said it would not work.. which one did you get?
    Last edited by Fox; 09-14-2007 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  20. #39
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Highland Park, IL
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    28
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I printed out my Rebate this morning and walked into my Apple store this afternoon, and looked around for a while trying to decide what to buy with my credit... I wanted the Bose or Shure headphones but they are freaking huge and there's no way they would fit under my Motorcycle helmet.. so I needed to update my Alarm clock and decided on getting This
    I got it in black.. just too bad it doesn't dock my iPhone, but works great with my Nano, and it even has a USB port on the top so I can charge my iPhone in one unit..that's nice..



    What?!I wanted to get an iTrip for my iPhone but the Apple guy said it would not work.. which one did you get?
    I got the Kensington digital FM transmitter in black

    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TK885LL/A

    it seemed to have decent comments on it. i found a empty station, its working fine, charging. playing the music thru the radio. it even has decent range, i tested on the driveway i had all 5 cars playing the same thing. 2 car lengths behind it started to get not so good quality but the others were okay.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Alperovich For This Useful Post:

    Fox (09-14-2007)

  22. #40
    Fox
    Fox is offline
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Alperovich View Post
    I got the Kensington digital FM transmitter in black

    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...nplm=TK885LL/A

    it seemed to have decent comments on it. i found a empty station, its working fine, charging. playing the music thru the radio. it even has decent range, i tested on the driveway i had all 5 cars playing the same thing. 2 car lengths behind it started to get not so good quality but the others were okay.

    I even saw that at the store.. I was looking for a wireless one.. oh well, may have to look into that later.. sounds like it works great..

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts