+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SDK Launch Event - Quasi Liveblogging

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Stay where u r, I'm also on a jailbroken 1.1.2 and to be honest it's pretty risky to upgrade i think. Alot of post show problems with YouTube not working
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Stay where u r, I'm also on a jailbroken 1.1.2 and to be honest it's pretty risky to upgrade i think. Alot of post show problems with YouTube not working or mail.app for some reason, also not sure if 1.1.4 can be modded as much as the 1.1.2.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrtek View Post
    so u could only develop on mac!!!! f'n sucks!!! cause i got mad ideas!!!!!
    So Mr Mad Ideas, the toolchain 'SDK' has been available for windows and linux for more than 6 months. There is even an iPhone development book on O'Reilly that teaches you how to install the toolchain and write code with it. Why can't you use that? Even if you had a mac your SDK apps won't be able to run on an iPhone until 2.0 comes out in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadow View Post
    Stay where u r, I'm also on a jailbroken 1.1.2 and to be honest it's pretty risky to upgrade i think. Alot of post show problems with YouTube not working or mail.app for some reason, also not sure if 1.1.4 can be modded as much as the 1.1.2.
    First off, this thread is about the SDK not 1.1.4... Dude, tens of thousands of people have upgraded to 1.1.4 with out a single problem. Of course, even crossing the street is 'risky'. So by a lot of people having problems, what do you mean? How many is a lot? The fix for YouTube and mail is all over google. I had the same issue and it took me 2 minutes to fix it.

And by saying 1.1.4 can't be modded as much as 1.1.2 and is risky because people are having issues what do you mean? So you upgraded to 1.1.4 played around with it for a while and decided to go back to 1.1.2? Is that why you are an authority on 1.1.4?
    Last edited by imode; 03-07-2008 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

can u link the O'Reilly website, the stupid sdk wont download
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I thought it was good but long... when I came
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    That's what she said.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    can u link the O'Reilly website, the stupid sdk wont download
    O'Reilly sells books (like amazon) and the url is oreilly.com ... why would the SDK be there? It's seeded as a torrent go to the usual places and you'll find it there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

no i dont want the sdk i want the windows toolchain because the sdk wont download
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    I thought it was good but long... when I came
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoNightmareX View Post
    That's what she said.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default ALL these Developers and still no flash....
    Your telling me that out of all these amazing people that can make these applications and hack the **** out of this phone can't make a flash plug-in for the iphone?.... or a plugin for safari that automatically detects flash when you enter a site and converts it to AVC/H.246/AAC Audio? i know someone out there is smart enough to do it ! SO why not already~~~~~~~~~

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lillewis51 View Post
    no i dont want the sdk i want the windows toolchain because the sdk wont download
    Just search for "iphone toolchain" on google... Also the official SDK only runs on an intel mac with leopard; so if you don't have a mac you can't use the SDK anyway so it's a waste of a download. Save the bandwidth for people who really need it. If you have a mac and really want to use it then get it from piratebay.

Secondly (to everyone out there) The SDK is not a magic app builder. It's a Software Development Kit that is part of Apple's XCode development platform. You need to know at minimum the Objective-C programming language, OO development, understand MVC patterns to do anything with it (even a "hello world" requires a lot of programming knowledge). If you've never done any programming before and don't know what a compiler is then I would stay away from it. If you have done VB programming before, or hacked together a webpage with PSP... this is 10x harder. There is no Interface Builder so GUI components have to be hand coded. Also if you want to run your app directly on the iphone (for debugging purposes) you have to pay them $99 for a digital certificate and be part of the beta program. They are accepting few applications and only from developers who reside in the US. The SDK is BETA and is intended for professional developers working for companies that will release apps for sale on the iPhone. You will not be able to use the SDK build and install apps on your iPhone until the 2.0 firmware is released. If any of this confuses you then stop trying to download the SDK!
    Last edited by imode; 03-09-2008 at 04:46 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to imode For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (03-08-2008)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by imode69 View Post
    So Mr Mad Ideas, the toolchain 'SDK' has been available for windows and linux for more than 6 months. There is even an iPhone development book on O'Reilly that teaches you how to install the toolchain and write code with it. Why can't you use that? Even if you had a mac your SDK apps won't be able to run on an iPhone until 2.0 comes out in June.
    As long as u pay for the membership u can test it on your phone before June. And if u can test it, I'm pretty sure u can just leave it on ur phone and it'll still work.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jrtek View Post
    As long as u pay for the membership u can test it on your phone before June. And if u can test it, I'm pretty sure u can just leave it on ur phone and it'll still work.
    Membership to the apple developer's network is free. What you are paying $99 for is a digital certificate to sign the code so that it can run on an iPhone. Digital certificates quite often have an expiration date attached. This is all moot really since the compiled code only runs on 2.0 firmware and 2.0 beta firmware are only being released to select developers. I seriously doubt we'll see SDK developed apps on Installer before June (or unless the digital signing can be broken, maybe never)
    Last edited by imode; 03-07-2008 at 04:41 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Damn, finally able to download sdk, took since launch to do.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greatstuff451 View Post
    Can someone please help me?
    Can I do a restore to 1.1.4 from itunes if I am running 1.1.1 Jailbroken and then use ziphone. Will everything work out or do I have to start somewhere else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Totally wrong thread. Anyway, have you thought to just try it? You can't brick your phone... just try it... make sure it is at least 2.5c version.

+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789