Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rock Your Phone [ LAUNCH ] - iPhone Application Stores Abound

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    More than 80% of us use "Certain Apps/Sources" so we get the AppStore apps free anyway, and it won't be long until a site it release that host cracked CydiaStore apps.
    Man if that's true I am SO tired of jailbreakers. I LOVE jailbreak - my phone is so much cooler. And I pay for all my apps.

If you can't pay $0.99 for an app... get a job.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

I can't even get MyProfile to work.. when it was installing it froze my phone with a spinning wheel of death, I restarted the phone.. it said it was finishing the install, and seemed to install it fine anyways, I can go into it and set it up and all that jazz, but it doesn't actually do anything now it seems, no profile actually works, all ringtones are the same, all txt tones are the same.. etc. etc.

whats the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post

More than 80% of us use "Certain Apps/Sources" so we get the AppStore apps free anyway,
    Maybe you should rephrase that to "More than 80% of us that are aged 14 or under use "Certain Apps/Sources" so we get the AppStore apps free anyway,"

Most people grow up and don't use illegal apps.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

felacio (03-18-2009), lisalisa911 (03-18-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Maybe you should rephrase that to "More than 80% of us that are aged 14 or under use "Certain Apps/Sources" so we get the AppStore apps free anyway,"

Most people grow up and don't use illegal apps.
    Right on!! I agree!!

And on the subject of Rock Your Phone...its awesome..i had not one issue with it...granted, i read everything there was to read in this forum as well as the actual site of the application. If you follow the directions, and do your homework, it will work. I dont mind paying for these apps if they are worth it, it does offer 10 day free trial, so everyone complaining about paying for these apps, do not have to fret, try and buy it, if you like it, if not then move on....dont steal it.
    I have installed Elert, it works as it says..i love it..that was the one thing i really missed from when i had my Blackberry. I already had intelliscreen from when that first came out, and i just got the upgrade without any problems. It works just as great as it always has. No interference with Cydia, or anything else. All my programs are running like usual. So i have to give a BIG thumbs up to ROCK YOUR PHONE..
    Thank You for all your hard work and dedication! Keep on Rocking these awesome apps, looking forward to more!!!

RYP,

Please provide a .deb file for Elert as I dont want to install your app installer just to get it. In fact, You may want to provide all your apps with the ability to use .deb files so people, like myself, don't have to install another app installer.

I would really love to try out your apps, but not at the cost of having my phone messed up to get it.

Thanks.

mokeiko

If they won't host on Cydia do you really think they will provide a .deb?
    And why are you still using .debs anyway?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Installers, .deb, etc. It's all the same. My post may make it seem that I use .deb files but I've only use a .deb file once to update status notifier because cydia does not host the latest files from developers (the developer happened to host just .deb files, that's why I asked, I didn't know what a .deb file was until recently). I just thought it would be easier getting the files rather than using another app installer, that was the whole point. I should have said installers maybe?

Sorry about the confusion in my post.

mokeiko
    Last edited by mokeiko; 03-19-2009 at 02:59 AM.

As I have stated before, I believe these apps should be in Cydia.
    The author has made a very buggy program to sell there other programs. It is not an app store IMHO, it is just a method one software house has decided to use and it doesn't work very well.

I, for one, will not be using any of these programs and, if the state of their so called app store is anything to go by, I'm not sure I'd trust any of the actual programs anyway!

Who cares what you want. It's obvious they won't go through Cydia, why do you think they use their own app installer? I never mentioned anything about the program being an app store. Buggy program or not, I made a request to RYP, not you.

Quit being a sheep on people's post!

mokeiko
    Last edited by mokeiko; 03-19-2009 at 07:15 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mokeiko View Post
    Who cares what you want. It's obvious they won't go through Cydia, why do you think they use their own app installer? I never mentioned anything about the program being an app store. Buggy program or not, I made a request to RYP, not you.

Quit being a sheep on people's post!

mokeiko
    Bit harsh don't you think?...especially against someone like confucious, who has been around a long time and have been very helpful to many people. He did not attack you in any way...just asked a question and offered info.

You on the other hand, just attacked him for no reason.

To quote a famous "Stripes" line: "Lighten up, Francis!"

That being said...and I really mean no offense...just trying to calm things down....I too would like Elert as well WITHOUT RYP!
    Last edited by kwickone; 03-19-2009 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    If they won't host on Cydia do you really think they will provide a .deb?
    And why are you still using .debs anyway?
    In case you didn't know, the apps that you install through Cydia are downloaded in the .deb format. You may not manually download them, but they're still .deb files. So, to answer your question, everyone who jailbreaks uses .debs.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Quote Originally Posted by kwickone View Post
    Bit harsh don't you think?...especially against someone like confucious, who has been around a long time and have been very helpful to many people. He did not attack you in any way...just asked a question and offered info.

You on the other hand, just attacked him for no reason.

To quote a famous "Stripes" line: "Lighten up, Francis!"

That being said...and I really mean no offense...just trying to calm things down....I too would like Elert as well WITHOUT RYP!
    kwickone,

He obviously hasn't been helpful to me. Please read my post again, which I apologized to him for typing some misinformation. Do you really think people should bow down to him because his seniority, then makes ignorant statements like "And why are you still using .debs anyway"? In my eyes, he's like any person, using these message boards, trying to get help and answers and learn about something we all have a common interest in.

I don't know a lot about technical things, which is why I requested the .deb files (I know it's a unix file, but correct me if I'm wrong), but I do know when a person is being snide on my posts.

I apologize to everyone for turning this thread into not what it should be by my comments, I just made a simple request to RYP and felt my post had been nullified by another poster, long time member or not.

btw, nice quote.

mokeiko

how do i delete it? i went to delete it in cydia and it said ....

"This operation involves the removal of one or more packages that are required for the continued operation of either cydia or iphoneOS. If you continue, you may not be able to use cydia or repair any damage."

then it gives me 2 options:

cancel operation (safe)
    force removal (unsafe)

help please

DO NOT INSTALL UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO KEEP IT!!!!! THE ONLY WAY TO ERASE IT IS BY RESTORING YOUR PHONE...

Resetting My iPhone
    If you would like to uninstall Rock Your Phone from your iPhone, simply choose restore in iTunes. This will remove all Rock Your Phone software and restore your iPhone to factory condition.

Customer Care

EDIT: i erased it from cydia with no problems, but others may not be as lucky so ...warning...
    Last edited by rickyscivic; 03-19-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

@rickyscivic

Is SSH still working? What does your Cydia repository say (Manage - Packages), everything in place?

Have a look at your iPhones file system e.g. though winscp. There will be a lot of stuff remaining from Rock your phone.

A complete restore is indeed the only way to really get rid of Rock installer.

IMO elert justifies having RYP installed by itself...its amazing...hope they update it to handle sms, calendar events and the upcoming push notification stuff

Default Thank You for Your Feedback and Support
    We have been monitoring this forum and actively responding to all the support emails we have received to date. I am happy to say that as of right now we have resolved all known issues with the installation and initial setup process. We are also working hard to add PPC support for the initial soft-unlock.

In addition several of the applications have received updates addressing all of the bugs that were identified. In particular the issue with Alerts not firing in MyProfiles for SMS and the ringtone not changing have been fixed.

We have also made note of all of your suggestions for new features including Elert support for additional message types and allowing a "To" filter on email Alerts in MyProfiles. We have passed these on to the developers at Intelliborn and they are actively working on them.

We are also in discussions with several different developers about adding their applications to the store. If of any you have applications of your own or know someone who does please have them register at Developer Login. There are thousands of Rock Your Phone customers waiting to Trial and Purchase the amazing applications the iPhone development community has created.

We want to sincerely thank you for all your feedback and support during our launch week. Please check in frequently as we add new applications to our catalog that will Rock Your Phone!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to RockSupport For This Useful Post:

vafirefighter (03-31-2009)

I love the apps from RYP, they have all been awesome, and i am so looking forward to more apps....i especially love Elert, i really missed that from my blackberry...so this is so awesome!! Thank you for that!!
    ROCK ON!!
    A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life~ Charles Darwin

Just a few things...

Great conceipt! Should be a regular feature to any iPhone.
    Easy to install, no updates lately though
    Slightly "buggy" and VERY tempermental, especial getting the alerts to work with mail. I found if you turn off the mail notifications in settings it will work fine. I still have one email alert that refuses to work no matter what I try. As far as SMS alerts you have to do the same thing, turn them off in settings, so therefor you would have to create a alert for everyone..whew

As far as customer support, I sent 2 emails, and had a reply back on both of them within the hour..thats awesome!!

I hope the future brings lots of upgrades to fix the bugs. SOON!!

Worth the 5 bucks in my opinion.

Bug in MyProfiles --

Quick Dismiss app appears to be disabled when MyProfiles is active (i.e., pressing home key will not dismiss calendar alerts, etc.). Perhaps an option can be added in MyProfiles to disable home key profile switching?

Quote Originally Posted by RockSupport View Post
    We have been monitoring this forum and actively responding to all the support emails we have received to date.
    We want to sincerely thank you for all your feedback and support during our launch week. Please check in frequently as we add new applications to our catalog that will Rock Your Phone!
    Hi.
    great you are here answering questions. Please answer this one I already tried to get answered via mail:

Hi.
    Up till yesterday I was a satisfied intelliscreen user.
    Now I have to accept some RockApp, which I canīt deinstall without also loosing intelliscreen.

I have to live with one more icon on my homescreen which I donīt want. I used exactly 4 homescreens, and your (sorry) stupid RockApp creates a fifth for nothing.

Why does intelliborn transfer my licence, personal data, mailadresse to a third party without asking me before??

Please tell me if you can give me a refund for my paid licence, because now its no more fun using your app.

Mike
    Last edited by rapanuy; 04-09-2009 at 03:17 AM. Reason: mistyping

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast