+ Reply
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 161

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Rock Your Phone [ LAUNCH ] - iPhone Application Stores Abound

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Prioryman I had to reformat my iPhone becasue I could NOT uninstall the "free" software. I emailed them and received NO reply. STEAR clear unless you want
...
  1. #121
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Prioryman View Post
    I had to reformat my iPhone becasue I could NOT uninstall the "free" software. I emailed them and received NO reply. STEAR clear unless you want to re-install everyhting on your already working phone....

    John
    Best advise yet.

  2. #122
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    No issues, works great. Profiles is worth price of admission to have rock on my iphone IMHO

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to dipole For This Useful Post:

    RockSupport (03-15-2009)

  4. #123
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The new version works for me, as well.

    Profiles seems to be really great! It has a lot of features to offer an the new pricetag of 4.99 is reasonable.

    However, it has two annoying bugs, so far.

    1. It only plays "Marimba" as ringtone for me, no matter what I configured (tried everything, it always only plays Marimba.... I hate Marimba)

    2. Alerts (missed Calls, SMS) don't work at all.

    PLEASE FIX THESE!!

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to llew For This Useful Post:

    RockSupport (03-15-2009)

  6. #124
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    If you are getting an error #591 (Mac Only), please add permissions on the file /Applications/Rock Your Phone.app/Contents/Resources/Java/Rock/unlockfiles/RockAppBase.deb or simply delete the installation and download the latest?

    Thanks!

  7. #125
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    797
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 63 Times in 48 Posts

    the new update finally works great, no problems no restore needed, installed cleanly and also installed Intelliscreen

    Good Work Team on fixing the problems we were having

    Thanks
    ------------------------------

    iPhone 4
    4.1 Firmware

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to dallasnights For This Useful Post:

    RockSupport (03-15-2009)

  9. #126
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Nice work but:

    Three installers on my phone? No Thanks.

    $13 For Beta Testing? No Thanks

    Your timing is also unlucky. With OS 3.00 coming out in two months I think I will just wait and see what that can do before mucking with my phone further.

  10. #127
    My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    589
    Thanks
    174
    Thanked 165 Times in 112 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlk View Post
    $13 For Beta Testing? No Thanks
    MyProfiles has been marked down to $4.99.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

    "The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)



  11. #128
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by NArush View Post
    One thing I have noticed: when I swipe for sbsettings, intelliscreen pops up over top of it. It happens about 85% of the time - which is rather annoying. I uninstalled IS and reinstalled, rebooted and nothing changes. I like IS and hope you guys can fix this bug. Thanks for the fast work and open communication too.
    NArush - If you launch IntelliScreen there is an option on the main configuration screen towards the bottom to disable the status bar swipe in IS. This was put there specifically for users of SBSettings or other apps in the future that might use the same viewing method.

    Thanks,
    Glenn
    Rock Your Phone Support

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to RockSupport For This Useful Post:

    NArush (03-15-2009)

  13. #129
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Attention Rock Your Phone Support

    Quick feature question... is it possible to add functionality in MyProfiles to alert when an email is sent TO a specific distribution? By sender/subject is awesome, but in order to kill off the level 1 notifications I need on my company blackberry and only have to use one device, is to be able to notify me when an email is sent to a pager distribution which is what this would do.

    Something easy to add? Will become a committed member if I can get this. :-)

  14. #130
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    202
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts

    So I was about to download this just for the "Escalating Rings and Vibrate 1st then Ring" but I think i'll wait till they come correct and it stops playing Russian roulette with everyone's iPhone.

    Furthermore who in their RIGHT mind is going to give up 13 BUCKS for a BETA? (unless it's full release is coming in 10 days more or less) lol c'mon man shouldn't it be free?

    After all the "positive" comments regarding this new "appstore", I feel sorry for all the people who got a little more for what they bargained for LOL!!! That is straight F'D
    Last edited by Mista Brothason; 03-15-2009 at 06:19 PM.
    64 GB iPhone 4S on 5.1.1 Jailbroken & Unlocked
    64 GB iPad 3 on 5.1.1 Jailbroken

  15. #131
    Green Apple Sproch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dreadlk View Post
    $13 For Beta Testing? No Thanks
    MyProfiles has been marked down to $4.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
    who in their RIGHT mind is going to give up 13 BUCKS for a BETA?
    ...these are the people our country is made up of, scary I know.
    Itís sad that a family can be torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wild dogs.

  16. #132
    My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Between Here & There
    Posts
    635
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts

    OK, I have given this RockYourPhone thing three tries now (yes, I am a bit slow), each time it has been better, but each time it has ultimately hosed my iphone and caused me to do a full restore.

    Three strikes and you are OUT.

    I am 100% done with it. Bummer too, cause I am a registered user of Intelliscreen.

  17. #133
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,255
    Thanks
    138
    Thanked 907 Times in 823 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Spresco View Post
    ...these are the people our country is made up of, scary I know.
    Charging anything for Beta testing is, IMHO, reprehensible.

    There is no reason why this company could not sell their products through Cydia as they used to do with Inteliscreen.

    This is not an app store or cydia store alternative - it is one company trying to sell their own products and making people install other, dangerous,, software to do it.

    I, for one, will be steering well clear.

    Three strikes and your out? I would rather not give beta software a chance to screw with my devices unless I know exactly what I am letting myself in for.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  18. #134
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hope next time I'll be smarter and read all the msgs before installing.

    The profiles app was way too buggy, didn't really do what it should, e.g. alerts didn't work at all, it messed up ringtones (only Marimba would work when myProfiles was installed, and I could watch my battery drain.)

    So I tried to uninstall....

    First I recognized tons of remaining files in the iPhone's file system after "uninstalling" myProfiles. Then SSH didn't work anymore for me (after uninstalling Rock Installer). Re-Installing Rock Installer brought SSH back to life.

    Later I started cydia and under "Manage - Packages" -> EVERYTHING WAS GONE, except the Apple Firmware entry (even after rebooting etc.)!!

    SOMETHING must have messed up the apt-database and the only things I installed within the last week(s) were Rock Installer and myProfiles.

    Then... my online-apps (e.g. mail, last.fm, allRadio etc.) weren't capable of establishing a 3G internet connection anymore. That was the case after myProfiles changed the WIFI status on different profiles. e.g. changed from "Home" to "Home WIFI", WIFI started, then I went back to "Home" profile, withouth WIFI.

    ->After that no more internet connection was available, upon REBOOT of the iPhone!

    I finally gave up (I hate giving up on tech stuff) and trashed my beautiful chilly sunday evening by doing a full restore of my iPhone, installing, syncing, embarrassed and disappointed.

    For me, this was THE WORST LAUNCH OF COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE SINCE THE INVENTION OF STEAM!

    Good Riddance now. My iPhone is now happily back on track with _only_ cydia installed. Lesson learned.

    Sorry for the rant but it was just too much on the bad side.

  19. #135
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    607
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 56 Times in 43 Posts

    I can appreciate the frustration a lot of you must be experiencing, but aside from a couple of bugs with MyProfiles (which I'm only using on a trial basis) RYP hasn't been a problem. Elert works great, the alerts in MyProfiles are awesome...hopefully the other bugs will get worked out. I don't think I'll pay for anything until that happens, though.

  20. #136
    iPhoneaholic ninthchamber99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by llew View Post
    Hope next time I'll be smarter and read all the msgs before installing.

    The profiles app was way too buggy, didn't really do what it should, e.g. alerts didn't work at all, it messed up ringtones (only Marimba would work when myProfiles was installed, and I could watch my battery drain.)

    So I tried to uninstall....

    First I recognized tons of remaining files in the iPhone's file system after "uninstalling" myProfiles. Then SSH didn't work anymore for me (after uninstalling Rock Installer). Re-Installing Rock Installer brought SSH back to life.

    Later I started cydia and under "Manage - Packages" -> EVERYTHING WAS GONE, except the Apple Firmware entry (even after rebooting etc.)!!

    SOMETHING must have messed up the apt-database and the only things I installed within the last week(s) were Rock Installer and myProfiles.

    Then... my online-apps (e.g. mail, last.fm, allRadio etc.) weren't capable of establishing a 3G internet connection anymore. That was the case after myProfiles changed the WIFI status on different profiles. e.g. changed from "Home" to "Home WIFI", WIFI started, then I went back to "Home" profile, withouth WIFI.

    ->After that no more internet connection was available, upon REBOOT of the iPhone!

    I finally gave up (I hate giving up on tech stuff) and trashed my beautiful chilly sunday evening by doing a full restore of my iPhone, installing, syncing, embarrassed and disappointed.

    For me, this was THE WORST LAUNCH OF COMMERCIAL SOFTWARE SINCE THE INVENTION OF STEAM!

    Good Riddance now. My iPhone is now happily back on track with _only_ cydia installed. Lesson learned.

    Sorry for the rant but it was just too much on the bad side.
    I, for one, am glad you posted your 'rant'. I got into the other day with somebody on this forum because I said that I was not willing to try this new store idea out yet until more people had positive things to say. Well, after reading your post I am so glad I followed my heart and not my mind. You sound like me, anything involving "tech" I am all for trying but this was too much of a risk for me.

    The funny thing is that RYP keeps sending out update after update and yet 1 out of every 10 people who have installed/tried to install this on their phone have got it to work correctly. The number of positive stories should be outweighing the bad ones, but this is not the case. Almost every other post here has someone who has to restore their phone at least one time. I really want to try intellidial but not at the risk of having to restore several times, not being able to SSH into my phone without having RYP's software on my device, and who charges for a beta?? I dont care if the price was dropped from $13 to $5. This is as bad when Halo 3 beta came out and you had to buy Crackdown to play the beta, paying for any type of beta is whack!! Any kind of beta should be free, since the purpose of the beta is to find the bugs and correct them. Would you spend money on a car or fly on a plane you knew was in the beta stage? This sounds stupid because it is stupid to sell anything in beta testing.

    Until I see major changes of opinion/experiences people have about this, RYP wont see the light of day on my phone!!
    Last edited by ninthchamber99; 03-16-2009 at 02:01 PM.

  21. #137
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    607
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked 56 Times in 43 Posts

    ninthchamber, the "funny" thing is that people are grumbling about paying for BETA software, but there's a 10-day free trial so nobody has to pay for anything. The Elert app was free.

    All of this has been free of charge for me to test. 7 days left on MyProfiles trial, and I'm looking forward to more updates to fix the bugs.

    To each his own, I guess -- but it was stupid for anyone to pay when he didn't have to.

  22. #138
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    I, for one, am glad you posted your 'rant'. I got into the other day with somebody on this forum because I said that I was not willing to try this new store idea out yet until more people had positive things to say. Well, after reading your post I am so glad I followed my heart and not my mind. You sound like me, anything involving "tech" I am all for trying but this was too much of a risk for me.

    The funny thing is that RYP keeps sending out update after update and yet 1 out of every 10 people who have installed/tried to install this on their phone have got it to work correctly. The number of positive stories should be outweighing the bad ones, but this is not the case. Almost every other post here has someone who has to restore their phone at least one time. I really want to try intellidial but not at the risk of having to restore several times, not being able to SSH into my phone without having RYP's software on my device, and who charges for a beta?? I dont care if the price was dropped from $13 to $5. This is as bad when Halo 3 beta came out and you had to buy Crackdown to play the beta, paying for any type of beta is whack!! Any kind of beta should be free, since the purpose of the beta is to find the bugs and correct them. Would you spend money on a car or fly on a plane you knew was in the beta stage? This sounds stupid because it is stupid to sell anything in beta testing.

    Until I see major changes of opinion/experiences people have about this, RYP wont see the light of day on my phone!!
    Well, maybe my words where a bit hard, I wrote them when I was still very frustrated. I think the reason why it's driving me that mad is that we are talking abount commercial software here, it's not open source programmed by some enthusiasts, it's supposed to be a cash cow and I think that's perfectly OK.

    I just can't understand why they released their software in such an early stage. I am sure, though, once they work out the bugs it will be pretty cool. But I still don't understand why they don't release their software in cydia and I never liked the idea of having an additional desktop client just for the purpose of installing iPhone apps.

    So, ninthchamber99, maybe you should just wait a bit more until everything is on track here and I am sure it will be soon. Nevertheless, I will never return to RYP...

    And in the end it's kinda nice feeling to have a clean fresh installed iPhone

  23. #139
    OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, Ca
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Jgamble317 View Post
    ehhhhh...idk i dont really see it going anywhere. i mean with the Cydia Store launch and the appstore already here...idk i just dont seem to want three installing applications..two is already too many
    +1
    Seems to be it would have been better to sell their stuff through cydia store, no matter how easy it is I don't want to be dealing with integration issues. Sell through cydia store, manage through cydia, done.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

  24. #140
    iPhone? More like MyPhone cheezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    149
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts

    This is simply the dumbest thing I have ever saw...

    We already have Installer and Cydia, Plus the AppStore!

    More than 80% of us use "Certain Apps/Sources" so we get the AppStore apps free anyway, and it won't be long until a site it release that host cracked CydiaStore apps. I don't mind donating to a Dev. if they have good apps. I have donated to about 10 different Devs. because they have amazing apps, and others do the same. Accepting donations is understandable, they need the money, but asking for the money it not very smart. What about the people that can't afford $1, $3, even some AppStore apps up to $20 for apps they want?

    If you want money for your apps, put them on AppStore or accept donations... simply as that.
    Last edited by cheezy; 03-17-2009 at 05:40 PM.




Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts