Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rock Your Phone [ LAUNCH ] - iPhone Application Stores Abound

Default Grrrrrrrrrrrr
    The new OS X update to their program conflicts with Cydia.

I got this message when launching Cydia after just installing the new version of Rock Your Phone for OS X which just came out today:

1 Half Installed Package

when the shell scripts associated with packages fail, they are left in a bad state known as either half-configured or half-installed. these errors don't go away and instead continue to cause issues. these scripts can be deleted and the packages forcibly removed.

You can ignore this, or press Forcibly clear. When you press Forcibly Clear, RockApp is what it wants to remove.

When I agree to Forcibly clear I get another warning:

Removing Essentials - This operation involves the removal of one or more packages that are required for the continued operation of either Cydia or iPhone OS. If you continue, you may not be able to use Cydia to repair any damage.

Great, looks like I'm restoring to get rid of this application now.

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD GUYS!
    Last edited by exNavy; 03-13-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    The new OS X update to their program conflicts with Cydia.

I got this message when launching Cydia after just installing the new version of Rock Your Phone for OS X which just came out today:

1 Half Installed Package

when the shell scripts associated with packages fail, they are left in a bad state known as either half-configured or half-installed. these errors don't go away and instead continue to cause issues. these scripts can be deleted and the packages forcibly removed.

You can ignore this, or press Forcibly clear. When you press Forcibly Clear, RockApp is what it wants to remove.

When I agree to Forcibly clear I get another warning:

Removing Essentials - This operation involves the removal of one or more packages that are required for the continued operation of either Cydia or iPhone OS. If you continue, you may not be able to use Cydia to repair any damage.

Great, looks like I'm restoring to get rid of this application now.

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD GUYS!
    All you have to do is click ignore and it still works. I still get the message, but it should be relatively easy to fix. Don't restore, just spend the extra millisecond clicking ignoe

Wow, thanks for the quick response RockSupport, your urgency and consideration for your customers is great, definitely makes up for the bad experience I had, thanks again, email sent!

Edit: now my desktop app won't fully load and open after updating, but at least my iphone app still works.
    Last edited by elr0y7; 03-13-2009 at 09:31 PM.
    "Spaceships don't come equipped with rear view mirrors..." -Andre Benjamin the 3000th

Quote Originally Posted by agentalexandre View Post
    All you have to do is click ignore and it still works. I still get the message, but it should be relatively easy to fix. Don't restore, just spend the extra millisecond clicking ignoe
    Agental...Quick question, did you dload just the elert app or did you dload more? I was wondering if you dloaded the intellidial, since the process worked for you. Like I said, I really am interested in some of the apps RYP has and if the fix you described above works then i MIGHT consider taking a chance with this.

Edit: Has anyone dload the intellidial app and if so what do you think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Agental...Quick question, did you dload just the elert app or did you dload more? I was wondering if you dloaded the intellidial, since the process worked for you. Like I said, I really am interested in some of the apps RYP has and if the fix you described above works then i MIGHT consider taking a chance with this.

Edit: Has anyone dload the intellidial app and if so what do you think of it.
    By the fix, what I meant was it should be relatively easy for RYP or Jay Saurik to fix. I haven't a monkey's about how to fix it. As for Intellidial, I'll have a look.

Edit: Intellidial works perfectly, definitely a program I would pay for if I had the money Coverflow style is amazing.
    Last edited by agentalexandre; 03-13-2009 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by applestar View Post
    if nothing helps, try this. You phone doesnt even need SSH access (well, it has to be jailbreaked...)

How to repair “Apple Logo Screen Of Death” (endless boot) without SSH access! | TwiPhone.com
    I've also had success using this fix with iPhoneBrowser. I just had to rename the mobilewatchdog.bundle folder to something else, reboot and then rename it back after the phone was up.

Quote Originally Posted by agentalexandre View Post
    By the fix, what I meant was it should be relatively easy for RYP or Jay Saurik to fix. I haven't a monkey's about how to fix it. As for Intellidial, I'll have a look.

Edit: Intellidial works perfectly, definitely a program I would pay for if I had the money Coverflow style is amazing.
    That is what I thought. It sounded like the only one I would pay for too. Anyone else try the intellidial app yet?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

it seems gr8 i am going to try it!

All - Release 0.91.22 is out. It fixes the 1/2 package install error in Cydia and all known Rock/Cydia related issues to date. This release allows for installation on top of Cydia without the soft unlock process (about 1.5 minutes) and 10.5.4+ (including 10.5.6) is supported (intel based) along with XP/Vista.

Thank you for your patience.

Quote Originally Posted by RockSupport View Post
    All - Release 0.91.22 is out. It fixes the 1/2 package install error in Cydia and all known Rock/Cydia related issues to date. This release allows for installation on top of Cydia without the soft unlock process (about 1.5 minutes) and 10.5.4+ (including 10.5.6) is supported (intel based) along with XP/Vista.

Great, thanks for your great support . Any release date on a PPC client?

I installed the new version, but I still the get 1/2 package error. Cydia also tells me that I have RockApp version 0.89 and RockApp 0.90 and Rock Extensions version 0.88 installed. I'm not sure, but should I have two different versions of RockApp?
    Last edited by lightmaster; 03-13-2009 at 04:38 PM.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thanks
    I can never get past the Rock you Phone Status: Uploading. Even after 10 minutes, the upload bar is 0%. Like some of the apps, damn thing just doesn't work.

what are we suposed to do now?? Download rockyourphone.exe again? How do we know the version number? How does it get on my phone without that soft-unlock?

Questions???

Ruben

Lightmaster: I'm not sure what will happen, but you can try forcibly removing the package, then reinstalling. The update won't fix the existing issue without a redo of the quick install (simply ctrl/right click on your iPhone in the Rock Your Phone Desktop Client --> and choose Reinstall Rock Your Phone). This should fix the issue (although not 100%). I am sure that the issue is resolved for new installs.

RvB80: Are you on a MAC? Are you using a Unibody macbook or on 10.5.6? If so, you need to use a HUB.

Quote Originally Posted by tosbsas View Post
    what are we suposed to do now?? Download rockyourphone.exe again? How do we know the version number? How does it get on my phone without that soft-unlock?

Questions???

Ruben
    The first time around it screwed up my phone and I had to do a restore. Being the adventuress person I am, I tried again with their update. Just go to their website and download the software again. Just install and follow the instructions. No more soft unlock. Worked great this time around.

Yay. Finally appears to be working fine. It only to the original install, a restore (with no backup), a second install, an update, and a reinstall. Wow that was a pain. Lets hope it was actually worth it. Now I just have to reinstall everything from Cydia and the AppStore.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Green Apple
    Thanks

The program will not run on my windows vista. I click on the RYP icon, it show up on my desktop PC screen for about 4 seconds, then disappears. The RYP never runs for me!

Thanks
    Lightmaster: I'm not sure what will happen, but you can try forcibly removing the package, then reinstalling. The update won't fix the existing issue without a redo of the quick install (simply ctrl/right click on your iPhone in the Rock Your Phone Desktop Client --> and choose Reinstall Rock Your Phone). This should fix the issue (although not 100%). I am sure that the issue is resolved for new installs.

RvB80: Are you on a MAC? Are you using a Unibody macbook or on 10.5.6? If so, you need to use a HUB.
    I'm on a Unibody MAC. However I have the USB connected to my external MAC keyboard and it still never progresses on the upload status.

I've experience this problem since the first time I tired installing it onto my iPhone.
    Last edited by RvB80; 03-13-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks for the speedy updates to the OS X version. You've definitely solved a few problems. Now my guide can stabilize...
    Hmm...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

RockSupport (03-13-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RvB80 View Post
    I'm on a Unibody MAC. However I have the USB connected to my external MAC keyboard and it still never progresses on the upload status.

I've experience this problem since the first time I tired installing it onto my iPhone.
    After a PITA restore, I had to give it one more shot. It worked - finally. I too am on a unibody Mac.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NArush For This Useful Post:

RockSupport (03-13-2009), RvB80 (03-13-2009)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast