+ Reply
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rock Your Phone [ LAUNCH ] - iPhone Application Stores Abound

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Damn, I wish I'd read this thread before trying to install. It may have stopped me from trying. I'm stuck at the Apple logo as well. At least I can
    Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Damn, I wish I'd read this thread before trying to install. It may have stopped me from trying. I'm stuck at the Apple logo as well. At least I can SSH in still and back my stuff up. It sucks because it seems this is the only way to update Intelliscreen. Oh well, live and learn!

iPhone? More like MyPhone NArush's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea, elert didn't work for me either. I tried it like 5 times and rebooted to no avail.. Oh well, I can do without it. At least my phone is in working order.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Damn it...i should have waited till more people downloaded and i heard some reviews... just tried to install did everything it said to...i'm no rookie and now i have to restore my phone... be careful when doing this...i would wait for a while before installing

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I have no idea why everyone is having so many issues with getting stuck on the boot logo. It worked great for me no issues at at all.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow, sorry to hear all these problems guys, but also, a big THANK YOU for sharing them. I didn't like the idea of a soft unlock, but I was tempted to try this. NOT ANYMORE.
    iPhone 2G Pwned 3.1.2
    MBP OSX 10.6.3

My iPhone is a Part of Me 24trepid's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I have no idea why everyone is having so many issues with getting stuck on the boot logo. It worked great for me no issues at at all.
    Worked Perfect for me too .......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was weary. I tried it. It took like 10 min tops. It works and kinda I like it. Wish there were more apps.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

This sucks

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marcoiac View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear all these problems guys, but also, a big THANK YOU for sharing them. I didn't like the idea of a soft unlock, but I was tempted to try this. NOT ANYMORE.
    yea i was too but when i started the process and saw i had to do some kind of unlock i stopped right away and went to the board to see what this was about when i found out u would lose cydia and all that I am no longer interested I will stick with Saurik and the others

Thanks

I still have cydia and everything worked fine the second time around. First time it got stuck in recovery mode. but i just unplugged it. and opened the desktop application up again. Worked good the second time. But none of the applications will work? nothing shows up under manage. I've downloaded elert like 5 times. couple of time on the phone a couple on the desktop client. Any ideas?

*edit*
    Seems I'm getting error 1020 unable to install onto my phone?
    Any help would be great.
    Last edited by llj1137075; 03-13-2009 at 12:28 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

after installing rock your iphone my cydia just start and on screen loading just close itself. really nice

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Rock Support - Update and Apology
    Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Glenn and I am one of the members of the Rock Your Phone Team. We have been closely monitoring your feedback throughout the day and believe we have identified an issue with our desktop client that is causing the problems you have mentioned.

First of all I want to offer my sincerest apologies on behalf of Rock Your Phone. We have done testing with phones that already had Cydia installed but it is obvious that we missed the issue many of you have experienced.

We will be posting an update to the Desktop Client that we believe will resolve this issue and provide us options for diagnosing and resolving any possible future issues.
    For those of you that completed the software unlock successfully but Cydia is now broken please follow these steps:

1. Open the Rock Your Phone Desktop Client and you will be prompted to upgrade to the latest version (0.89.9).
    2. Once the Upgrade is complete and Rock Your Phone is restarted connect your phone.
    3. Right-click (Ctrl-click on Mac) and select “Reinstall Rock Your Phone”
    4. Once you are done Cydia should once again be able to launch and Rock Your Phone will be set to go.

Now here is the unfortunate part but we are going to do our best to make it up to you. The applications you have installed via Cydia will still be on your phone but will no longer appear in your installed apps list on the Manage Packages tab in Cydia. You will need to re-install them via Cydia in order for them to reappear. You should not lose any custom settings for your applications.

Now for the make it up to you part….

We understand that restoring your phone (if it came to that) and spending time to get your beloved iPhone back just the way you like it can be a cumbersome process. Anyone that has registered on Rock Your Phone and has experienced issues with our process needs to simply email us at . In the email please provide your username (email address) and the name of the product you are most interested in getting. We will provide you a free license for that application for your inconvenience.

At Rock Your Phone we are serious about providing the best possible experience for our customers. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions please post them here or email us at .

Note: Currently we require the soft unlock in order to install the Rock.app on your phone. We are working on an option for existing Cydia users to install the Rock.app without the need to perform the soft unlock.
    Last edited by RockSupport; 03-13-2009 at 02:36 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to RockSupport For This Useful Post:

agentalexandre (03-13-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow! Such a fast response, and a quick fix! You guys are amazing, consider getting a job at Apple?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    @Rock Support:

I think it's really great that you give those experiencing problems such a generous compensation!

Now I regret it (no not really ) that I haven't installed it yesterday.

I will do so though, when a stand-alone install option is available. What else could lure me into installing your app and buying in your store (and maybe other people, as well):

- More reasonable prices (12,99 for profiles is extreme...)
    - Stable applications (profiles again... seems not to be usable as of now, according to Poseidon's experiences)

Cheers!

Thanks

the profiles stuff is VERY interisting

Thanks

I am not really interested in a third store. We have the app store for Apple approved apps and Cydia store for non approved apps, I don't really see the point of this and don't want to have to do another 'soft' unlock.
    Pity they can't just sell there apps through the Cydia store.

On a more positive note it is nice to hear of decent support
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile apple logo screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    wont come out of apple logo, now I have to restore, Thanks bu no Thanks
    Does not play well with JB phone I think
    if nothing helps, try this. You phone doesnt even need SSH access (well, it has to be jailbreaked...)

http://www.twiphone.com/2008/12/01/h...ut-ssh-access/

19. The Following User Says Thank You to applestar For This Useful Post:

confucious (03-13-2009)

Thanks

Good find - I knew how to do it via SSH but didn't know how to do it using Diskaid.

Thanks
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

"Note: Currently we require the soft unlock in order to install the Rock.app on your phone. We are working on an option for existing Cydia users to install the Rock.app without the need to perform the soft unlock."

This sounds very promising (:-))

Ruben

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jwilcox09 View Post
    Sounds interesting. I like the Elert app. Sounds cool.
    Yeah what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by agentalexandre View Post
    Wow! Such a fast response, and a quick fix! You guys are amazing, consider getting a job at Apple?
    Yeah that was pretty fast.lol
    Last edited by BenzoHartt; 03-13-2009 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost