Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.0 - MMS, Copy/Paste, Turn-by-Turn, and much more Summer '09

So far no one has come up with anything that really excites me - all the things mentioned are just fixing the omissions that everyone has been moaning about since the first gen.

My suggestion that 3.0 might not be compatible with the 3G iPhone is because, apart from the few minor improvements that hardly warrant a whole version number change, I, and apparently everyone else, cant think of anything major that can be improved.
    Maybe 3.0 will just give some of what has been asked for (does anyone believe we will get everything?) or do Apple have something up their sleeve?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I just hope they improve performance, copy paste, bluetooth file transfer and background functions..

Im worried they will really mess this up again! Is it really that difficult for Apple to do the work that all these fine developers are doing WHILE MAINTAINING THERE 9-5 JOBS! Apple has all the time in the world and I think its time they step up to the plate. All Apple has to do is spend a few hours on this website to figure out what we really want. Due to JAILBREAKING and very very little from Apple, I am completely obsessed with my phone as new things come up every day. I can only hope that Apple finally gets it right this time before people just stop caring about new firmwares/updates in general!

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I bet 3.0 is going to be filled with features and other crap that nobody will ever use!

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    I bet 3.0 is going to be filled with features and other crap that nobody will ever use!
    Just like no one uses the App store or any of the features in 2.x?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I hate to say this but it would seem like this might be the last time they do this with Steve still at the helm (sort off). I suspect they are going to go all out to let the investers know that even with him away the company is in good hands.

So thinking along those lines I suspect that 3.0 will have some huge new features, things that will get the press talking. There will probably be cut and paste a2dp etc but I predict those long needed items will be just a footnote.

Apple is all about surprises so I doubt anybody can predict whast they will be introducing.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So far no one has come up with anything that really excites me - all the things mentioned are just fixing the omissions that everyone has been moaning about since the first gen.

My suggestion that 3.0 might not be compatible with the 3G iPhone is because, apart from the few minor improvements that hardly warrant a whole version number change, I, and apparently everyone else, cant think of anything major that can be improved.
    Maybe 3.0 will just give some of what has been asked for (does anyone believe we will get everything?) or do Apple have something up their sleeve?

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    My suggestion that 3.0 might not be compatible with the 3G iPhone
    So they are going to make the millions upon millions of iPhone users buy new iPhones to use 3.0? I dont think so
    iLive an iLife

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    I can't wait to see what they put in 3.0. I'm really hoping they incorporate themes, copy/paste, flash, etc. I hope they basically add all the features that keep us jailbreaking. I really don't see why they haven't added themes yet. Most people jailbreak solely for themes and most other phones have at least two or three themes to choose from.
    I dont want to be a downer, but Apple will never allow themes. They not only like control, but they want all of their iPhones to look the same...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Can't believe so many here are screaming for themes saying things like "Can't believe themes haven't been added yet." Like Happy Noodle Boy, ajl917, and a few others have stated, NEVER gonna happen. I for one always liked theming my phone because it was something different that no one else had on there phones. However it wouldn't be as cool anymore if everyone walked around with the same custom themes, would almost get kind of boring. I believe 3.0 will be radically different in order to keep up with the Palm Pre, and web OS. Agree or not but that is the only real viable threat to the iPhone at this time, seeing as Google and Apple are BFF's and tend to be playing nice with the Android software.

lol...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTyIzFT9qMs]YouTube - First impressions of iphone prerelease 3.0 firmware 720p HD video[/ame]

i wish

Thanks

emulators....hahahahahah

I doubt that Apple will check this thread... much less take our advise but here goes:

i agree with all the improvements that you guys mentioned.

what we NEED is a program that functions much like the save file program on the PSP. I am tired of losing save files when i delete games off my phone! that just sux ballz!

tim

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    what we NEED is a program that functions much like the save file program on the PSP. I am tired of losing save files when i delete games off my phone!
    Now HERE'S a suggestion I can get behind 100%. I would love if 3.0 allows for a backup of your app data to be stored with your "backup" regardless of whether you have the app installed or not.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Quote Originally Posted by greenleaf187 View Post
    Sounds a bit fishy... Oh yes they will get you all those enhanced options, but have you thought of what they will do about anti-jailbreaking?
    3.0 is a scary number
    We all hope that Apple will include enough updates and additions we won't need to jailbreak anymore. It's a dream I have....

all i really want is true multitasking (doubt it), palm pre type of integration, and for them to fix the sluggish performance the phone has had ever since 2.0

But Im not gonna hold my breath and get disappointed again by Apple

does anyone know if there will be a webcast or streaming audio link for this event? thanks!!!

And what time is it? I believe it is 10am Pacific time but is that Pacific Standard time (GMT+8) or Pacific Daylight time (GMT+7)

Thanks

Considering that Daylight Savings Time is currently in effect in the US, I can only imagine it being scheduled according to Pacific Daylight Time.

We don't change to BST here until next week. So that would make it 5pm in the UK then.

Thanks

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T-Will For This Useful Post:

confucious (03-16-2009), JazJon (03-16-2009)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast