+ Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.0 - MMS, Copy/Paste, Turn-by-Turn, and much more Summer '09

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Does that mean iPhone must be jailbroken again?
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Does that mean iPhone must be jailbroken again?

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Features haven't even been leaked yet? In that case getting something like copy/paste still sounds too good to be true. Even with copy/paste I will not jump until I have a working xGPS on 3.0... I love it too much!

Quote Originally Posted by santacruzlocal View Post
    I have a VERY bad feeling that some how it will be Anti-Break if that is possiable. I hope its not .... MMS would be nice, Video Recording, Tethering, and Copy and Paste.
    They have all tried to be anti-jailbreak. Every single one of them...
    Last edited by sziklassy; 03-13-2009 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wow! but still, they gotta have flash!

Green Apple
    Thanks

how about an easy way to get my exchange mail. I still have to use the safari to check that mail.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taz1981 View Post
    how about an easy way to get my exchange mail. I still have to use the safari to check that mail.
    err... Why? Exchange email synchs fine with the mail app and allows push email.

As for 3.0 - will it actually run on existing iPhones or will it just be for the new iPhone?

We're all just p!ssing in the wind at the moment.
    Last edited by confucious; 03-13-2009 at 10:36 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

As for 3.0 - will it actually run on existing iPhones or will it just be for the new iPhone.
    do you really think they will alienate MILLIONS of users, some with still more than one year on contract, by limiting 3.0 to the new iphone, breaking compability with appstore, etc etc??? lol...please...

Thanks

If the new iPhone has a higher screen resolution and more power then it is a distinct possibility.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

again...its NOT...alienating the current install base would KILL Apple´s efforts of growing in this sector...think...not alowing, at lis the 3G model, to upgrade would be a SUICIDE

i seriously doubt we will see hardware improvements besides more RAM, more storage capacity and new camera this year...the software is KEY right now, and Iphone OS is falling behind in alot of stuff...the current hardware is capable of much more

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

and it will be free for ipod touch?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

I'll tell you what I want out of 3.0.

I want all the Apple fanboys to NOT use it if it doesn't give a reasonable increase in usefulness. There is that large percentage of loyalists that will upgrade even if apple claims it will cause your phone to explode. These numbers keep them in the green on their stranglehold. If they put out another crappy update and it really did nothing except lock us out and NOBODY used it....... the message would be clear.
    Screw #Winning, I'm #Juanning
    iMac 27" i5 quad 2.8Ghz (1TB), MacBook Pro 17" 2.6, iPhone 4s

11. The Following User Says Thank You to one1 For This Useful Post:

Napoleon_PhoneApart (03-13-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    I'll tell you what I want out of 3.0.

I want all the Apple fanboys to NOT use it if it doesn't give a reasonable increase in usefulness. There is that large percentage of loyalists that will upgrade even if apple claims it will cause your phone to explode. These numbers keep them in the green on their stranglehold. If they put out another crappy update and it really did nothing except lock us out and NOBODY used it....... the message would be clear.
    I get what you are saying, but you dont go from 2.2.1 to 3.0 for bug fixes. This has to be something good. 2.0 was the App Store, 3.0 is ________. We will see...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Hope it's good stuff, but we'll see.

And as someone else stated, even if the hardware is different they can still release 3.0 for everyone.......as they do with 3g and first-gen now.
    Last edited by cpjr; 03-13-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

Only time will tell....I hope it has some major upgrades!!

Thanks

I just want landscape mode for texting. That would make it easier.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

gr8, if it is way better than 2.x and it CAN be jailbreaked and unlocked

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    I get what you are saying, but you dont go from 2.2.1 to 3.0 for bug fixes. This has to be something good. 2.0 was the App Store, 3.0 is ________. We will see...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I think I said it in my previous post. The App Store was enough to release 2.0. I don't think copy and paste or video recording will cut it for 3.0. I hardly see MMS a reason to release 3.0. I thought maybe Flash would be a good enough reason, but it's really hard to see that coming, so the only thing I can think of is if Apple gives us a bunch of little things. So we might just see MMS, copy and paste, video recording, and a landscape keyboard in Text and Mail (though I don't want landscape keyboard and won't use copy and paste).

So yeah, something big has to be coming. Because if not, it would just be called 2.3.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lightmaster's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't wait to see what they put in 3.0. I'm really hoping they incorporate themes, copy/paste, flash, etc. I hope they basically add all the features that keep us jailbreaking. I really don't see why they haven't added themes yet. Most people jailbreak solely for themes and most other phones have at least two or three themes to choose from.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Themes would be a horrible mess to keep/update. You have thousands of app with more coming every day. Themes would either have to be updated non-stop or just not replace icons in which case what's the point.

I could see them maybe allowing a wallpaper on the actual dock and maybe play around with the layout but you will not see full blown themes coming from Apple. It's a logistical nightmare.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the stock icons are the best icons, well some apps on App Store have horrible icons but thanks to WinterBoard the icon can be changed App Sniper, Monkey Ball,Twittelator Pro... etc to name a few.

All though I would like Apple to out the ability to change colours of SMS bubbles and navigation bars. I hate that horrible blue/gray colour, I want dark blue or black. I'm hoping sooooooo much that Apple put in way to change the colours of navigation bars, to change from that blue colour when you press to go onto something, SMS bubbles and font etc. I think all these features are possible except I know Apple won't put them in.

If the new iPhone isn't jailbreakable or unlockable, I definetly won't be buying it. Happy with my 1st gen.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 03-14-2009 at 01:17 PM.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

Thanks

Awesome

+ Reply
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast