+ Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 3.0 - MMS, Copy/Paste, Turn-by-Turn, and much more Summer '09

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by LGgeek I would mind losing jailbreak, if it wasn't for jailbreak none of this would be happening and there wouldn't be an apps store. Apple is doing
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    I would mind losing jailbreak, if it wasn't for jailbreak none of this would be happening and there wouldn't be an apps store. Apple is doing this because no matter how much FUD they produce people still jail broke there phones.
    Very True (huge thanks) but yes I'm probably lie'n to myself if I say I wouldn't jailbreak even with most of my wish list complete.What bugs me the most right now is they didn't add the ability to record video? Does anyone have a logical guess to why Apple is anti video recording?

Thanks

What does A2DP stand for?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    What does A2DP stand for?
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile]Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
    Oh, ok. I did not know this by the specific name. Now that I realize what it is, I too am mad that us 2G users are getting hosed. I knew I should have gotten a 3G for my birthday. Guess I will wait for the new phone, if there is one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nice stuff,so the only thing iphone is now missing is bluetooth transfer and paring right? and then iphone video-cam,nice so iphone is going to be near perfect soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    nice stuff,so the only thing iphone is now missing is bluetooth transfer and paring right? and then iphone video-cam,nice so iphone is going to be near perfect soon.
    Video-Cam is a must ! I love Qik, and Cycorder. They are so close to the perfect mobile device.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

as the MMS features will be included in text messaging. Do we will get charged for the MMS from the provider if we have unlimited texting?

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Very True (huge thanks) but yes I'm probably lie'n to myself if I say I wouldn't jailbreak even with most of my wish list complete.What bugs me the most right now is they didn't add the ability to record video? Does anyone have a logical guess to why Apple is anti video recording?
    yes weird especially sine we know it's possible since cycorder/iphonerecorder have been around for a while in JB world.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

Thanks

Someone replied to my complaint about no Video recording feature in a post I made on Engadget. They have a good point. (sounds promising) What does everyone think?

"A video recorder app might be possible with the new API. There was mention of video/audio streaming. A video recorder is not currently possible because the API doesnt give enough control over the camera functions. You might actually find a video recorder on the app store soon."

http://getsatisfaction.com/qik/topic..._appstore_this
    Last edited by JazJon; 03-17-2009 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taz1981 View Post
    Apple iPhone OS 3.0 Announcement: Live Blog - AppScout
    live update of what is being said about iphone 3.0
    Thanks for that information...very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    as the MMS features will be included in text messaging. Do we will get charged for the MMS from the provider if we have unlimited texting?
    Why would you, mms and sms are basically the same service. If you have unlimited, you shouldn't worry.
    Last edited by KStryker; 03-18-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KStryker View Post
    Why would you, mms and sms are basically the same service. If you have unlimited, you shouldn't worry.
    That is so far wide of the mark. In the UK we have been using MMS for years and it is ALWAYS charged separately as it uses a completely different transport mechanism.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Thanks

So there was no talk of a new iPhone? Just a softwAre upgrade?

Thanks

That's all it was supposed to be.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That is so far wide of the mark. In the UK we have been using MMS for years and it is ALWAYS charged separately as it uses a completely different transport mechanism.
    Exactly.

Just to calrify:

An MMS: uses your cellular data network, takes an image, crops it to the right resolution for the desired carrier and charges you per MMS you send.

An e-mail: sends the full, uncropped, unedited image for FREE.

MMS is a step backwards in my eyes. Even with unlimited data you can bet that carriers will be making off of each MMS sent
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Exactly.

Just to calrify:

An MMS: uses your cellular data network, takes an image, crops it to the right resolution for the desired carrier and charges you per MMS you send.

An e-mail: sends the full, uncropped, unedited image for FREE.

MMS is a step backwards in my eyes. Even with unlimited data you can bet that carriers will be making off of each MMS sent
    The iPhone comes with unlimited data...so why would that be an issue? I've been with AT&T for several years now, and having both unlimited data, and unlimited text, when sending MMS...there should be no worries.

What's Jailbreak? buddyisonfire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KStryker View Post
    The iPhone comes with unlimited data...so why would that be an issue? I've been with AT&T for several years now, and having both unlimited data, and unlimited text, when sending MMS...there should be no worries.
    It sounds to me that you have no idea what you're talking about and you're only making assumptions. Multimedia messages are sent through data but if ATT feels like being a ***** they can charge for whatever they want. I'm not saying that we will have to pay for MMS, but there's no guarantee that we won't.

Thanks

Everyone in Europe does - but you could be luckyAT&T might decide to be different and not charge you....

Thanks

Im not worried about AT&T charging for MMS as much as I am them charging for tethering if they allow it. With me getting a laptop soon, Im looking to tether it, but I could definitely see AT&T going crazy with the prices...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

In the UK T-Mobile charge an extra 5 (approx $7.25) for the plan that allows tethering as opposed to the one that doesn't. It also allows a higher data cap (unlimited in the UK doesn't mean unlimited) of 3Gb as opposed to 1Gb for the plan that does not allow tethering.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    OS 3.0 looks pretty great...