+ Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 237

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone OS 3.0 - MMS, Copy/Paste, Turn-by-Turn, and much more Summer '09

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by LGgeek I would mind losing jailbreak, if it wasn't for jailbreak none of this would be happening and there wouldn't be an apps store. Apple is doing
...
  1. #201
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LGgeek View Post
    I would mind losing jailbreak, if it wasn't for jailbreak none of this would be happening and there wouldn't be an apps store. Apple is doing this because no matter how much FUD they produce people still jail broke there phones.
    Very True (huge thanks) but yes I'm probably lie'n to myself if I say I wouldn't jailbreak even with most of my wish list complete.What bugs me the most right now is they didn't add the ability to record video? Does anyone have a logical guess to why Apple is anti video recording?

  2. #202
    iPhoneaholic ninthchamber99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    What does A2DP stand for?

  3. #203
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    What does A2DP stand for?
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_profile]Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

    Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)

  4. #204
    iPhoneaholic ninthchamber99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP)
    Oh, ok. I did not know this by the specific name. Now that I realize what it is, I too am mad that us 2G users are getting hosed. I knew I should have gotten a 3G for my birthday. Guess I will wait for the new phone, if there is one.

  5. #205
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    nice stuff,so the only thing iphone is now missing is bluetooth transfer and paring right? and then iphone video-cam,nice so iphone is going to be near perfect soon.

  6. #206
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by pakijawan View Post
    nice stuff,so the only thing iphone is now missing is bluetooth transfer and paring right? and then iphone video-cam,nice so iphone is going to be near perfect soon.
    Video-Cam is a must ! I love Qik, and Cycorder. They are so close to the perfect mobile device.

  7. #207
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    436
    Thanks
    109
    Thanked 49 Times in 40 Posts

    as the MMS features will be included in text messaging. Do we will get charged for the MMS from the provider if we have unlimited texting?

  8. #208
    OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, Ca
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by JazJon View Post
    Very True (huge thanks) but yes I'm probably lie'n to myself if I say I wouldn't jailbreak even with most of my wish list complete.What bugs me the most right now is they didn't add the ability to record video? Does anyone have a logical guess to why Apple is anti video recording?
    yes weird especially sine we know it's possible since cycorder/iphonerecorder have been around for a while in JB world.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

  9. #209
    My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    604
    Thanks
    37
    Thanked 51 Times in 39 Posts

    Someone replied to my complaint about no Video recording feature in a post I made on Engadget. They have a good point. (sounds promising) What does everyone think?

    "A video recorder app might be possible with the new API. There was mention of video/audio streaming. A video recorder is not currently possible because the API doesnt give enough control over the camera functions. You might actually find a video recorder on the app store soon."

    http://getsatisfaction.com/qik/topic..._appstore_this
    Last edited by JazJon; 03-17-2009 at 04:24 PM.

  10. #210
    Green Apple KStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz1981 View Post
    Apple iPhone OS 3.0 Announcement: Live Blog - AppScout
    live update of what is being said about iphone 3.0
    Thanks for that information...very informative.

    Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    as the MMS features will be included in text messaging. Do we will get charged for the MMS from the provider if we have unlimited texting?
    Why would you, mms and sms are basically the same service. If you have unlimited, you shouldn't worry.
    Last edited by KStryker; 03-18-2009 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #211
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KStryker View Post
    Why would you, mms and sms are basically the same service. If you have unlimited, you shouldn't worry.
    That is so far wide of the mark. In the UK we have been using MMS for years and it is ALWAYS charged separately as it uses a completely different transport mechanism.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  12. #212
    My iPhone is a Part of Me tellytel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    790
    Thanks
    610
    Thanked 353 Times in 185 Posts

    So there was no talk of a new iPhone? Just a softwAre upgrade?

  13. #213
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    That's all it was supposed to be.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  14. #214
    Livin the iPhone Life reeko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,564
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 166 Times in 136 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    That is so far wide of the mark. In the UK we have been using MMS for years and it is ALWAYS charged separately as it uses a completely different transport mechanism.
    Exactly.

    Just to calrify:

    An MMS: uses your cellular data network, takes an image, crops it to the right resolution for the desired carrier and charges you per MMS you send.

    An e-mail: sends the full, uncropped, unedited image for FREE.


    MMS is a step backwards in my eyes. Even with unlimited data you can bet that carriers will be making off of each MMS sent
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine


    LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

    Suck it up, Sucker

  15. #215
    Green Apple KStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Exactly.

    Just to calrify:

    An MMS: uses your cellular data network, takes an image, crops it to the right resolution for the desired carrier and charges you per MMS you send.

    An e-mail: sends the full, uncropped, unedited image for FREE.


    MMS is a step backwards in my eyes. Even with unlimited data you can bet that carriers will be making off of each MMS sent
    The iPhone comes with unlimited data...so why would that be an issue? I've been with AT&T for several years now, and having both unlimited data, and unlimited text, when sending MMS...there should be no worries.

  16. #216
    What's Jailbreak? buddyisonfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 7 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KStryker View Post
    The iPhone comes with unlimited data...so why would that be an issue? I've been with AT&T for several years now, and having both unlimited data, and unlimited text, when sending MMS...there should be no worries.
    It sounds to me that you have no idea what you're talking about and you're only making assumptions. Multimedia messages are sent through data but if ATT feels like being a ***** they can charge for whatever they want. I'm not saying that we will have to pay for MMS, but there's no guarantee that we won't.

  17. #217
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    Everyone in Europe does - but you could be luckyAT&T might decide to be different and not charge you....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  18. #218
    Livin the iPhone Life ajl917's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,934
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 275 Times in 211 Posts

    Im not worried about AT&T charging for MMS as much as I am them charging for tethering if they allow it. With me getting a laptop soon, Im looking to tether it, but I could definitely see AT&T going crazy with the prices...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  19. #219
    Peanut Brain confucious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Woking
    Posts
    10,242
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 900 Times in 817 Posts

    In the UK T-Mobile charge an extra 5 (approx $7.25) for the plan that allows tethering as opposed to the one that doesn't. It also allows a higher data cap (unlimited in the UK doesn't mean unlimited) of 3Gb as opposed to 1Gb for the plan that does not allow tethering.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

  20. #220
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    OS 3.0 looks pretty great...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts