Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Prototype Discovered on eBay

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

They might have removed the listing but methinks that someone will contact him via a question on eBay and sell it anyway and avoid those pesky eBay fees and Paypal fees.
    Anyway at least we know now for sure what the new one will look like.
    My signiture? Whats that...............

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,275 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebob View Post
    They might have removed the listing but methinks that someone will contact him via a question on eBay and sell it anyway and avoid those pesky eBay fees and Paypal fees.
    Anyway at least we know now for sure what the new one will look like.

Thanks

"we know now for sure what the new one will look like"

What???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i buy it in 4000$ [= in Israel is 16,800 Shekels but is still be worthwhile

mti111-mac the theme for you--->tap me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mti 111 View Post
    i buy it in 4000$ [= in Israel is 16,800 Shekels but is still be worthwhile
    u mean you bought it??

you know what would be cool is if someone pulled the fw off that sucker and ditributed it

i would load it up just to play with

Someone buy it.. end send to the dev team.. Could be funny to play with some beta software

poeple are retarded now-a-days.

im sure i could find a theme somewhere to transform my iphone to look like its a **EDIT CPJR - Watch the language** oldschool colored apple newton.
    why pay 2000$ for a **Profanity = NO** prototype when the 3g works better, looks better, and is only a 100bucks.
    Last edited by cpjr; 03-10-2009 at 09:01 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to huntor For This Useful Post:

Alperovich (03-10-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post

im sure i could find a theme somewhere to transform my iphone to look like its a fuking oldschool colored apple newton.
    why pay 2000$ for a shtty prototype when the 3g works better, looks better, and is only a 100bucks.
    correction: 700 bucks without a contract for a sixteen gig, whether it be brand new or used. i got mine for two hundred and a hacked PSP...

having a beta could mean NEW developments in the iPhone scene... maybe some new stuff we never thought of. i like that control panel at the end i think it kicks more *** than SBSettings.
    Last edited by MrWHOx; 03-10-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Retired Moderator A Retired Mod's Avatar
    Thanks

I would buy it!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by huntor View Post

im sure i could find a theme somewhere to transform my iphone to look like its a fuking oldschool colored apple newton.
    why pay 2000$ for a shtty prototype when the 3g works better, looks better, and is only a 100bucks.
    ops, i hit thanx instead of quote. cuz u don't deserve one.

this has nothing to do with what else is out there. its a prototype. no one who buys it will ever really get it working. as other's said, this is like a museum piece. think about all those prototype cars sitting in museums, that people bought. or concept cars which get auctioned off. same thing here.

guess u r right, people are retarded, probably starting with you and your thick headness.

now personally, its cool but i'd never spent my money on it. just not worth it for me. but i can see why you would want to have it, if you are into that sorta thing.

Well Brooklyn8 (from MacRumors) has loaned the working prototype to planetbeing so that he can get the firmware and bootloaders etc. off the phone. So now you guys MIGHT be able to run beta firmwares on your phones. REMEMBER MIGHT!

EDIT: The firmware been posted on MR...
    Last edited by ajl917; 03-10-2009 at 08:55 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

look! at the end of the video! (which is back up btw), it comes with bossprefs! hehe

also i lol'ed at the text at the beginning of the video about posting it over and over and the subsequent "f*ck you apple!"

and you know everyone over at apple is pissed because those with 9" iTablet prototypes, just had them taken away over this story.
    Last edited by b3nny; 03-11-2009 at 12:10 AM.

Plus, in the right hands, someone could dump the firmware off the flash and there may be exploits that haven't even been realised yet that would be applicable to current firmware.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

this is basically the iphone 1st gen hardware with a prototype OS, yes? If people spend money on this I simply laugh.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I think that this iphone put in safe mode to test
    what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by mortzz View Post
    Plus, in the right hands, someone could dump the firmware off the flash and there may be exploits that haven't even been realised yet that would be applicable to current firmware.
    Its already been done and posted...

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    this is basically the iphone 1st gen hardware with a prototype OS, yes? If people spend money on this I simply laugh.
    The serial number proves that it was made weeks or months before the phone was released or annunced, not sure which...
    Last edited by ajl917; 03-11-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

here´s the firmware

[ame=http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=7249071&postcount=85]Mac Forums - View Single Post - I got some iPhone Prototypes[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by ares07 View Post
    Looking through it last night was actually pretty cool. It shows some very bare bone stuff. Plus I think the first actual "app" that had an icon and everything was none other than "Skankphone".

Quite disturbing.

Also, dont believe dates from files earlier than 2006. The earliest one Ive seen was sometime in September '06, but Im sure the actual phone (not software) was being developed much earlier...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast