Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple & AT&T Only Allowing One iPhone Replacement Every 18 Months

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Z View Post
    rediculous, I ran into a similiar problem. I want to upgrade my wife's phone but we have to wait till our contract is up to upgrade(i gues not similiar, but it still angers me) I think we should be able to upgrade our phone no matter what. Hell, I wish they could just add another 2 years on top of my 2 year contract. I'd take that even

You can do this. All you have to do is sign up for a new contract. It might cost you like 18 bucks or something, but if you call at&t and complain that its a bs charge because you have been a loyal customer then they will wave it.

I do this all the time because I pretty much get one or two news phones a year (I used to break them a lot), but since I've had iPhone's I go 1 a year. Everytime I've gotten a new phone I wasn't elligble for an upgrade and would have had to pay full price for the phone but instead I just signed up for a new contract or contract renewal or extension i suppose. it's something along those lines.

Not sure if you tried this, but this is what I've always done. if they say that you can't do this then i think they are lying to you.

As for this whole stunt by Apple. It's completely stupid. Just because the someone has bad luck with phones does not mean they are jailbreaking and vice versa. What if you have the broken iPhone with you? And can show them that it got smashed or something? So, it smashed itself because you jailbroke it? I don't think so. Also, there are plenty of people who keep their phones jailbroken without ruining them so WTF? I love Apple's products, but I'm beginning to hate the company. They are getting ridiculous. You know, and the way they present themselves, it seems that they would almost like the idea of creativity, originality, being different, and doing your own thing. But nope.
    Last edited by andypropaganda; 03-10-2009 at 10:35 AM.
    iEat. iSleep. iPhone.

why would anyone left an iPhone unattended,my iphone is like one of my kids and i have five of them,i would never left anyone of them unattented for a second.man are you sure you are telling us the real story i dont know anyone in this time of hightech toys that would leave an iphone unattended.iam not with att i got tmobile i paid 700$ for my in newyork you think i would ever leave my phone unattend hahahahhahahahahahaa.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brotherbond007's Avatar
    Thanks

Dude, Ebay..
    Black iPhone 4 iOS4 AT&T

The iPhone 4 "my precious" - Gollum

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

I work at the apple so I could tell you that your only allowed to replace 1 iphone per line no matter what. Under Apple's policy your line is still eligible for replacement, but if you upgraded your 1st iphone 3g for another then systematically it shows as a replacement. Now the simple trick is to have a manager from apple call AT&T to have your contract reset. This would allow you to purchase a new iphone and add it to your existing line. The phone is tied to the contract and if you dismiss or reset the contract, your line then becomes eligible for replacement/upgrade.

Each customer is eligible up to five phone per line. and 1 replacement for each

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andypropaganda View Post
    You know, and the way they present themselves, it seems that they would almost like the idea of creativity, originality, being different, and doing your own thing. But nope.
    Apple likes the idea of their own creativity and doing their own thing, not anyone else's...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluprint View Post
    I work at the apple so I could tell you that your only allowed to replace 1 iphone per line no matter what. Under Apple's policy your line is still eligible for replacement, but if you upgraded your 1st iphone 3g for another then systematically it shows as a replacement. Now the simple trick is to have a manager from apple call AT&T to have your contract reset. This would allow you to purchase a new iphone and add it to your existing line. The phone is tied to the contract and if you dismiss or reset the contract, your line then becomes eligible for replacement/upgrade.

Each customer is eligible up to five phone per line. and 1 replacement for each
    I am confused how could you have five phones on 1 line?

By being a ninja.

But seriously, I think he either means five phones per one master line (ie family plan) or five phones throughout the life of your contract with that line? Maybe.
    Last edited by andypropaganda; 03-10-2009 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

breech of contract.. nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybino View Post
    WHAT I DON'T UMDERSTAND IS IF UR BUYING A iPHONE AND PUTTING IT ON A LEGITIMATE AT&T WIRELESS #...THEN THERE SEEING THAT UR NOT USING IT WITH A DIFFREBT SIM CARD FROM ANOTHER CARRIES...SO AS LONG AS UR iPHONE HAS BEEN ACTIVATED ON THAT LINE AND THEY COULD SEE THE MINS BEING USED AND THE ACTIVITY...(DATA..ECT....)THEN WHY SHOULD THERE CARE....WHY WOULDN'T THEY WANNA TAKE UR MONEY...THIS IS THE STUPIDEST THING I EVER HEARD OF!!!!!
    blame apple, not ATT. ATT is at the mercy of Apple regarding iphones.
    Really?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bluprint's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry I was in a hurry to leave, what I meant was 5 phones per customer. Each iphone needs an independent line. Customers are also allowed 1 replacement per phone, therefore in a lifetime each customer is only allowed to buy 10 iphones.

This is apple's policy. They do this to prevent greedy resellers to jailbreak with crappy firmware and sell them outside the US (giving apple a bad rep). My only advise to resellers is don't use the same creditcard.
    Last edited by Bluprint; 03-11-2009 at 11:48 AM.

That sucks. My only suggestion is to buy one from ebay and just get a new sim card from at&t. That's what I did and I have 3 iPhones. An 8GB and 2 16GB. They all work too

3 iPhones?

You have 2 hands and 2 ears - the mind boggles as to what you do with the 3rd one....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

LMAO!!!! I use the 8GB this is JailBroken for testing, one 16GB that is JailBroken for Fun and to show off to ppl and the other 16GB for regular use. But I did test them all out with my original sim card through AT&T and they all work.

If your gonna spend that much money just buy one online....but i think its retarded for apple and att not to sell you a brand new iphone for full price...

Quote Originally Posted by flyinpilot View Post
    If your gonna spend that much money just buy one online....but i think its retarded for apple and att not to sell you a brand new iphone for full price...
    What do you think is 'full price'?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Its so much easier just to find someone with an ATT contract, like old people ha, and use their upgrades....I know I will get some hate for this
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234