+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Look: Purchasing from the Cydia Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by cpjr ^+1 At least iphone software is CHEAP. Wanna complain, check out software for a blackberry or WinMobile device......much higher priced. Not at all really, there is
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^+1

At least iphone software is CHEAP.

Wanna complain, check out software for a blackberry or WinMobile device......much higher priced.
    Not at all really, there is a ridiculously huge community of devs out there who make some really great applications for free on the windows mobile platform.

In fact up until I got my iphone, with the exception of 1 program, I made my HTC Wizard function exactly like the iPhone using freeware programs.

Actually I made it do somethings that iPhone couldn't do, and again, all for free.

Now granted there are alot of things out there that cost money, but there are just as many things that don't.

Although, with my experience with my wifes Blackberry, your statement is pretty much spot on.
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bigperm26's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...I paid a $1 for Cyntacts only to help donate to saurik if nothing else. I can't believe how so many people take free stuff for granted. Cydia, winterboard, cycorder (although it has ads) are all free. $1 donation (and you get SOMETHING) is peanut shells for the amount of useful and fun programs I've received for FREE.

I have NO problem paying a coule bucks for new killer themes. I've donated to folks for creating them.

I'm SURE the process will get better. Give him some time. The more donations or those that purchase cyntacts will likley speed up the process so he can hire help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by felacio View Post
    Wow, can't even spare a single dollar.. even if the program is essentially useless

can't spare a buck to support everything Saurik has done for you thus far, all free might I add. **** move buddy. **** move.

Anyways, the actual app is... in my mind, basically useless. the number 1 reason why is it's lack of compatibility with intelliscreen. I'm not going to pick something that has one tiny feature to something that has nearly a dozen. not a fair trade, so, until it's fixed to work with intelliscreen, I'm not re-installing it. because I BOUGHT IT ANYWAYS just to support Saurik.

Hey it DOES work with intelliscreen... just goto performance and flip the switch

Thanks

Much as everyone complains about the app store, Apple do have to make sure that every app they sell works with every other one.
    To say this app is 'useless' because it is incompatible with another jailbroken app is just an example of the potential problems.

Just a thoght....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

why r u banning every1?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juar3z View Post
    why r u banning every1?
    ?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
    Hey it DOES work with intelliscreen... just goto performance and flip the switch
    it's suppose to work with Intelliscreen with the performance switch, but when I did that Cydia, Bosspref, Categories all stopped working, I had to uninstall cyntact to get them all to work again.. *shrug* when it gets fixed I'll download it again.

Thanks

I bought it just to support all his hard work that I have been mooching off him in the past years; thank you!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

everyone is being a bunch of cheap bastards. seriously.

question.. if you were in the gas station and a hot girl was in front of you but short $1, wouldnt you give it to her? girls, same for a hot guy. would you give the person a dollar?

if you were in a bar and you met someone nice or a band member you thought was playing good, wouldnt you buy them a shot? thats 5 bucks and this is a dollar.

GROW UP AND PAY THE DOLLAR OR STOP BIT$HING SO DAMN MUCH AND GET OFF THIS THREAD!!!!

Thanks

I'd give her one

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Is there going to be another Installer where you can download the Cydia paid apps for free, lol?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Is there going to be another Installer where you can download the Cydia paid apps for free, lol?
    Not needed-ajl917
    Last edited by ajl917; 03-11-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yahoowizard View Post
    Thats pretty sad man... pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by felacio View Post
    it's suppose to work with Intelliscreen with the performance switch, but when I did that Cydia, Bosspref, Categories all stopped working, I had to uninstall cyntact to get them all to work again.. *shrug* when it gets fixed I'll download it again.
    I'm having the same problem as this guy, plus i was billed twice for it.
    Last edited by BenzoHartt; 03-11-2009 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've already gotten paid apps from Cydia; it's just that paying for them was done through the apps themselves or the developers' websites-- just like shareware on a regular PC.

I don't see the new Cydia store being all that helpful, really. Apple forbids demo apps in the App Store, although there are sometimes 'Lite' versions. Still, it is impossible to directly upgrade from a 'Lite' App Store app to the 'Full' one. It can be difficult to figure out how a 'Lite' and 'Full' app differ. Sometimes, there is only a paid option without any opportunity to try before you buy.

Apple's App Store model seems cumbersome for both developers and customers. Cydia has allowed shareware where the App Store hasn't, and I hope Cydia's new store does not mean the end of shareware-- that jailbroken apps will be only free or prepaid.

If more apps will be prepaid-only on Cydia, then it would be nice to get refunds if you download the app and dislike it. Also, it would be good to be able to donate for free apps directly through Cydia's store mechanism; like a tip jar for developers.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

I havent purchased anything from here yet, What is the best apps does everyone think?
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

+ Reply
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456