+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: First Look: Purchasing from the Cydia Store

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by Mista Brothason Cyntact is a wonderful mod, thank you very much Are you going to place nice now? We can ban this account too, and it will
    plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,460 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
    Cyntact is a wonderful mod, thank you very much
    Are you going to place nice now? We can ban this account too, and it will be an IP ban. (Which means no more accounts)

You have been warned.
    Last edited by cpjr; 03-08-2009 at 10:47 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

Listen man, I work for a major ISP in Canada, even if you wanted to you couldn't but be my guest. I am a nice guy until a bunch of these ladies started dissing me because I wanted it for free. I am a very nice guy, you guys just like to talk a lot of **** and then ban me for speaking my mind. Like I said, I have no problem with "contributing to the community", its just that i'm not down with Amazon, ya digg?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mista Brothason View Post
    Listen man, I work for a major ISP in Canada, even if you wanted to you couldn't but be my guest. I am a nice guy until a bunch of these ladies started dissing me because I wanted it for free. I am a very nice guy, you guys just like to talk a lot of **** and then ban me for speaking my mind. Like I said, I have no problem with "contributing to the community", its just that i'm not down with Amazon, ya digg?
    Fair enough....and I believe in second chances. I apologize if you got hammered by anyone, you should find quite a great community here....but here's the deal.

Forum rules include: No warez, no profanity and no insults. We got alot of very young members and alot of other reasons for the rules, including hefty legal bills.

Play and stay.....your call.
    Last edited by cpjr; 03-08-2009 at 10:55 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mista Brothason's Avatar
    Thanks

It's all gravy, I can play nice too ok ladies?... It's not my fault I grew up in an age were half the media I come across is easily obtained free of charge... anywho I hope your baby is feeling better and with that said, lets move on and not make a tom-foolery out of this

I'm over it lol

Thanks

^Thanks, he is (some).

And everyone likes "freebies", we just dont want it around this site

Welcome to MMi.

Thanks

I guess I don't understand how people could dis the Cydia Store. Saurik has offered us nothing but free and awesome apps, and this is the thanks that he gets? My god everyone, it's a dollar. Don't you think that all of his hard work should be rewarded? This is just like DDR S Lite. Look it up in the App Store, and read the reviews. All of these idiots completely missed the fact that it was just a demo to show what the polished version was going to be like. It included one song, and with only one difficulty. In the description it even said that it was just a demo. But there were still these complete idiots saying crap like "What? Only one song?" "No varying difficulty??". It was so stupid. This thread reminds me of the reviews. The ones who actually understand are excited, and the ones that just don't get it, well, are confused.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks

dont we jailbreak our phones to be able to put cool apps on and do it for free? i can understand giving donations here or there but having to pay just to get the app like a sms and mms which suck u have to buy...... thats just my .02

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juar3z View Post
    dont we jailbreak our phones to be able to put cool apps on and do it for free? i can understand giving donations here or there but having to pay just to get the app like a sms and mms which suck u have to buy...... thats just my .02
    No, I jailbrake to enable me to get Apps that Apple don't allow on the app store.

If the developers of those apps want to charge I have no problem deciding whether an app is worth the money or not. I have no problem paying for apps I use.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Because I can.
    This is getting into a power game. No need to get ego involved in this subject, it's just an arguement, human nature.

But I do find it funny how people are scolding those so-called 'freebies', yet you find them scattering by the fact that working hard to find that one dollar is a total b*tch.
    If you had had donated earlier, saurik wouldn't be releasing the store in the first place.
    Last edited by greenleaf187; 03-09-2009 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think when people start trying to profit from quasi legal activities is right about the time that the lawyers get involved.

Thanks

The whole jailbraking legal argument came about because the EFF wanted to specifically state that jailbraking IS legal.

There is nothing 'quasi' legal about it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greenleaf187 View Post
    ... If you had had donated earlier, saurik wouldn't be releasing the store in the first place.
    Really? You really think that if we all donated, there would be no Cydia Store? Come on. In a perfect world, yes, everything would be on the honor system. But lets face reality, the store isn't because not enough donations were received. We need to re-educate everyone; JB'ing your iPhone/iPod Touch shouldn't be to get all the free / cracked apps that you can handle. It is to unleash the full potentail of said device. Naturally, some devs are going to want to be paid for doing what they do. For them it is their job.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks

It is ok to mod the Iphone, but bad to mod a app from the Cydia Store, yea right

Thanks

Moding to improve is quite different fro stealing.

Thanks

My account was billed twice for the one dollar app. Who do i get in touch with about that? I'd hate to get billed Twice for something bigger. I tried logging in to Amazon.com but it doesn't show a record of the transaction at all. Am i the only person having this problem?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    My account was billed twice for the one dollar app. Who do i get in touch with about that? I'd hate to get billed Twice for something bigger. I tried logging in to Amazon.com but it doesn't show a record of the transaction at all. Am i the only person having this problem?
    That's not good - I was only billed once and I think others would have complained if it happened frequently.

I would email saurik - I'm sure it was a 'glitch' and he can sort it out. This was one reason why there is only 1 $1 app at the moment - to make sure there are no problems like this.

Good luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

would be funny if this was released on April Fools and at 11:55pm that night, he says APRIL FOOLS!! HAHAH!!! GOTCHA!!!

that would be hilarious. but to all who wont pay for this app, your a cheap barstard. 1 flippin dollar. to support SOMEONE ELSE doing all the legwork for the apps you love and use alot. probably more than you think..

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Cydia needed an appstore. Hopefully they will cram all of the commercial apps in there so that people will stop complaining about downloading something from Cydia and then having to pay to continue using it.

Devs work hard on their projects and if they want to be compensated then they should have a chance at doing it. Not everyone will buy it, but a lot of people will.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah once paypal is involved I will fee better about purchasing apps form a 3rd party app store. Not to say Saurik would do anything shady but others out there would just to do it. Paypal may charge a lot for fees and all that but I always feel safe dealing with websites that use paypal. I hope some good useful cheaper apps will be available. I have owned my iphone for 5 months now and have only purchased one app and that was IM+ for $1.99 because it was on sale one day. I personally think the FREE apps in the app store and Cydia are GREAT and can do what I need them to do on a everyday basis. I will keep checking back to see what Cydia store has to offer.

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I get charged $1 a year, for 10 years?
    This is an outrage =P