+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Kindle, meet iPhone.

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
Originally Posted by confucious So, what your saying is the Kindle 2 is nearly as good as a real book then? No, it's better. The one and only way in
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    So, what your saying is the Kindle 2 is nearly as good as a real book then?
    No, it's better. The one and only way in which it's not as good as a book is the inability to roll it up and swat my dog if she acts up. Other than that the printed page loses to the Kindle 2.

Thanks

As I get most of my books from the library and tend to read them in the bath, I'm not sure it's for me
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Not sure what it's like in other countries but here in the UK we have a very good library service. I very rarely buy books, I just borrow them from the library. Unlike music which you listen to many times and swap depending on your mood, I tend to read a book once and only one book at a time so don't want or need to carry many books.
    I live in the state of Minnesota in the U.S. The county in which I live has an outstanding library system which is a good thing. However, that makes it quite popular and thus many new releases are difficult to get -- there can be long waiting lists.

For the reason stated above, and because I believe in supporting the art of writing by buying books, I don't end up with many titles from the library.

As I get most of my books from the library and tend to read them in the bath, I'm not sure it's for me
    I wouldn't advise taking a Kindle in the bath.

The Kindle 2 also has other features that aren't well known and some that aren't revealed by the user manual. Amazon has a book titled 'The Kindle 2 Cookbook' that gives up several tips and tricks that Amazon didn't share. Among them the ability to download free books from several sites like ProjectGutenberg.org. You won't find new releases there but the classics are plentiful and free for the taking.
    Last edited by mobilexile; 03-06-2009 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Admirable sentiments - sounds like the Kindle is the device you've been waiting for. Glad you like it, just not for me.
    Enjoy!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I once had to travel 20 miles to the next county to get a fiction book, but there weren't many copies arround. The author herslf would have lent me her copy but she'd lent it to her son-in-law and hadn't got it back. Apart from that I've never had a problem getting any book from the library.
    My county library system is linked to the two major cities in the region. Through that system we can get books sent to a local branch free of charge. It also gives us access to a wider ranges of titles. But, as stated in my earlier post, people read a lot in my state (I believe the highest rate of adult reading per capita in the U.S.) so titles can still be difficult to acquire at times or without delay.

Admirable sentiments - sounds like the Kindle is the device you've been waiting for. Glad you like it, just not for me.
    Enjoy!
    Like I said, it's definitely not for everyone. But, for the big reader who travels a lot, this is a welcomed device.
    Last edited by mobilexile; 03-06-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you adjust the font size, the reading less straining on the eyes. Just bought 1st book and so far I must say that I like it, worth a tryout.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12