View Poll Results: Did you leave Verizon for the iPhone?

Voters
327. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

198 60.55%
  • No

9 2.75%
  • I never had Verizon/Poll does not apply to me

120 36.70%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Did You Leave Verizon for the iPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
    I loved my voyager for messaging, text and MMS. the camera was much better than the iPhone.

Coverage is better with ATT in my area.

Verizon has a numbe of places I can go to have my phone repaired that are convenient. ATT has a store 10 miles away but takes me 45 minutes fighting traffic all the way.

I paid $109 for verizon 3 phones, $150 for ATT 3 phones.

Verizon doesn't set there phone up in such a manner that if you hit the wrong button you get charged for internet access.

Verizon, other than the iPhone, has a better selection of phones.

Customer service from Verizon , cough cough, is much better than ATT.

For me, and I hate Verizon, if verizon obtained the iphone I would have no issues paying whatever fees to ATT to switch back.

very well put..

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    Wait, ATT lets you call 10 numbers without using your minutes? or are you referring to another carrier?
    Verizon does that now. Just like how T-Mobile does their "Fav-5"

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

I also had the voyager when it first came out. To me it was deff verizon's best phone but imo the iPhone is way better. Any how my verizon worked every where untill i bought my new house and verizon's website said that they had coverage here. So i called and complained but they would give me a run around. "Well we are planning on building a new tower in your area." So i kept calling back and they said they were going to send a tech out to check my area, then to her surprise there was another complaint on my street. So they said well since it says we have coverage there and we stand by our word we can let you off of your contract for free (this all happened about 2yrs ago) and to me that was awesome cause. 1 i really wanted an iphone and 2 theres a at&t tower 200 yards away from my house so it worked out perfect and i actually have better signal every where i go with at&t. Plus i love being able to just switch sim cards and not having to call them every time i wanna use a different phone. I also told at&t that i got a 20% discount with verizon because of where i work but it was really only 17% so she said okay so where have you worked in the past? I told her i was in the military but now work for American water (which i was actually in the air force but no longer) so she asked me to show her proof. So i did and they gave me a 19% discount on my bill!
    Last edited by lostwhiteboyy; 03-05-2009 at 05:21 PM. Reason: English Class!

That has to be one of the longest sentences I've ever seen and all without capitalisation....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

so sorry i didnt know i was in english class

Quote Originally Posted by lostwhiteboyy View Post
    so sorry i didnt know i was in english class
    Have you ever been to one?
    You make it very difficult for anyone to read what you write.
    Last edited by confucious; 03-05-2009 at 05:12 PM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Have you? You miss spelled a word.

That's better - I can understand that. I have corrected my typo. Please accept my humble apologies.

Thanks

No problem Accepted! i just type fast and fix things later!

My brain usually works faster than my fingers too - or is that the other way round?

yea i think they should get the iphone for verion :] that would be like the best...cuz verizon has good sevice but crappy phones...they should get the iphone 4g for verizon

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Heck yeah I left Verizon to get the iPhone! I had a 20% discount at Verizon and all of my friends had Verizon service. Now, I'm paying twice the amount a month and need extra minutes, but to me it is totally worth it to swap my crappy Chocolate for the iPhone. Also, at home ATT sways between zero signal and perfect signal within a 5 foot radius. Sucks. Verizon does have the best service avaliable in my area but I can deal with a few dropped calls just to be one of the people who get stopped with the question "OMG is that an iPhone?! Can I see it?" LOL

Best move I ever made, even if it wound up being around $700 for the total switch.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

95% of my friends have verizon as did i up until about beginning of October then switched to AT&T for the iPhone

I dropped Verizon for my iPhone. I, too, had a 20% discount on my Verizon line but was more than happy to make the jump to AT&T. I had hardly any issues with Verizon until a few months after I closed my account (the contract was up when I closed, made sure I had nothing left to pay, etc.) a collection agency sent me a notice for $7. Yes, they sent me to collections for $7, without even trying to contact me first. Sure, they didn't have my new number, but obviously they knew my address!

I remember when the iPhone first came out, I was so disappointed that it wasn't on Verizon because I didn't want to change service. I was stupid and got the voyager thinking that it would be this amazing phone, I was partially wrong. The voyager was a decent phone, but it paled in comparison to the iPhone, I enjoyed the keyboard on it, but everything else was just ok. I just hated the fact that I couldn't really do anything with it, I was restricted by the Brew filesystem on the phone. Anyways, I was nervous at first when I decided to pay the termination fee and move to AT&T to get the iPhone, obviously not because of the iPhone, but because of the service. I heard good and bad things about AT&T, and I have to say that its been great. Sure I've had a few issues with 3G, but for the most part it's been better than Verizon.

I'd also like to add that AT&T's customer service has been so much better than Verizon's. Every time I've called them with a problem or to change my minutes they've been nothing but amazing. The one time the lady simply gave me 200 extra minutes because I was calling to up my minutes because I was going to run over, Verizon never did that for me. The other thing that pissed me off about Verizon, was that I had to call every month because they would always charge me the $2 a MB even though I wasn't using the internet, it annoyed me because they never gave me the option of turning off data completely. I know that AT&T is similar, but with the iPhone you get unlimited data anyways so it doesn't even matter anymore.

Anyways, the only way I would move back to Verizon is if the iPhone was available with them, simply because most of my friends and family use Verizon and I'll be able to get away with a lower amount of minutes.

I did. I left verizon in order to get the Iphone. (On T-mobile tho, not AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    The reason Verizon has such a poor choice of phones is because of their proprietary systems - phones have to be made just for them.
    I know you guys in America probably don't realise this but there is a world outside of the USofA and 90% of it uses GSM
    Phones made for AT&T can be sold virtually unmodified throughout Europe, Australia and a lot of RoW.
    Phones made for Verizon can only be sold to Verizon Customers (and Nextel?).
    I travel a lot throughout Europe (or used to) and can use my phone in every country - we have one standard and multiple providers, the competition leading to lower prices and a more mature phone system.

Just my 2d's worth.
    This is the exact reason Apple never went Verizon about the iPhone. Despite popular rumors, it would have been incredibly dumb on Apples part to create a CDMA/EV-DO iPhone. They would have locked themselves into US sales only if they did this.

Thanks

I would not go back on a CDMA network if someone paid me.(now that I've discovered the freedoms of a GSM network)

Quote Originally Posted by Goronok View Post
    This is the exact reason Apple never went Verizon about the iPhone. Despite popular rumors, it would have been incredibly dumb on Apples part to create a CDMA/EV-DO iPhone. They would have locked themselves into US sales only if they did this.
    That's not entirely true. If you take a look at Blackberry phones, most of them are made to run on both the CDMA/EV-DO and GSM networks. Blackberry originally did this to save on cost so they wouldn't have to produce two different model phones for the different types, and also so they can sell their phones in Europe. Apple could have very well done the same so that the iPhone would run on both GSM and CDMA/EV-DO.

It is also fact that Apple talked with Verizon about the iPhone, but they couldn't reach a deal. Here is one of the article that even has quotes by Verizon's VP:

Verizon passed up Apple iPhone deal

Quote Originally Posted by Envision86 View Post
    That's not entirely true. If you take a look at Blackberry phones, most of them are made to run on both the CDMA/EV-DO and GSM networks.
    You are, of course, right. But to enable them to run on multiple networks inevitable involves extra costs and unnecessary hardware. While I'm sure that would not have put Apple off, I have no doubt the extra cost would have been past on to the user.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast