+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BTW xGPS 1.2 for GPS Turn-by-Turn Voice Nav Went Public

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
WTF I like this app but I selected Australia and said download and it's 797860.8MB that can't be right? It's 779GB how could this be possible? Use the xGPS Manager
    Thanks

WTF I like this app but I selected Australia and said download and it's 797860.8MB that can't be right?

It's 779GB how could this be possible?
    Use the xGPS Manager on your desktop. Try downloading a region that is smaller the entire Australia. For car navigation, I use zoom levels of 2,3,4. Zoom level 2 gives me enough detail to read street names. By using fewer zoom levels it reduces the map size. Avoid using zoom lower than 2 because while they provide more detail, they increase the size of your map considerably.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

thx reddawg, ur advice really helped, instead of selecting all of Egypt, i selected only around the part in which i live in. and made the zoom levels 2,3,4,7 and it just saif 49.2 and i selected a large part of Egypt not all of it!!!!

hi its all working fine but when i try to route it gives me an error saying no driving directions can be found using ur query and i am sure i typed the places correctly wats the problem?
    Last edited by Miro89; 03-06-2009 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

It works, but it seems like it's not refreshing the GPS signal constantly... It kinda hops and the speed is always off... Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

I have iPhone 3G 8gb and I'm using T-Mobile on it. Do you need DATA plan in order for this to work. I have no DataPlan @ all.

Thanks

yh the speed takes a while to be the same. for example on the car it says 80 km/h and on xgps it said 100km/h and then it jumps to 0 and goes to the original speed 80 which is correct but takes too long. and i have a problem in driving directions. whenever i press on it and choose my current position to a mall in my country, it tells me ERROR: no driving directions can be found using ur query?!!! anyone else with the same problem????

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miro89 View Post
    ok here is the deal: i help you, u press the thx button ok. Otherwise YOU DIEEEEE!!!!!lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexcutter View Post
    lol

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been testing xGPS over the past few days. For those of you who have been using it, it is clear that xGPS is using Google Maps for the map images as well as for the directions it provides. Beyond that similarlity, it is quite obviously superior primarily because it stays centered on your current position while you drive. This has always been a frustration that I've had using the Google Maps app while on the road for business.

What follows is a list of issues that I've had with xGPS over the past few days, but don't get me wrong. The application solves a lot of issues for me and I like. Besides, you can't argue with the price!

So here are the issues that I'd like to see resolved in a future version:

- Voice navigation volume

- Choice of English or Metric for the turn announcements (currently Metric)

- An algorithm that takes into account minor GPS accuracy issues before announcing that you are going the "WrongnWay" (sic)

- A better intereface for using an address from Contacts. Right now, when you go to contacts you have to find the contact, tap on it and then tap on the address. Then you hit Cancel and it takes you back to xGPS where the route has been calculated. This isn't very intuitive.

- A Recently Found list so that you don't have to re-enter address information for an address that was recently found. For instance, let's say you drove to the local airport yesterday to pick up a colleague and now need to return to get on your flight. Right now you have to re-enter this info. See the Google Maps iPhone app for an example.

- Auto Night Mode - It would be nice if xGPS would switch Night Mode on or off automatically based upon the time of day at your present location.

- Search Places seems to have a bug because when I search for and find a location and then tap on it, it shows its location for a split second before the screen returns to being centered on my present position. If I zoom far enough out it does have a pin in the location it found, but I can't do anything with it. For instance, it would be nice to tap on it and be able to drive to it, or at least get its address for the Directions screen.

- Driving Directions will only allow you to compute a route to a specific address. If you want to search for a place and then drive to it, you need to use the Routes Manager. Perhaps renaming these 'Drive to Address' and 'Drive to Place' might make them more understandable.

- Add a map scale to the screen so that when you zoom in or out, you have some reference for distances. Unfortunately, Google Maps doesn't offer this, so it might not be possible for the developers of xGPS to add it without Google's support.

That's about it. Remember, I do like the app and the above issues are simply ways that I believe it could be improved. Frankly, if all of them were fixed I might even consider (dare I say it?) paying for the app. ;-)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can not get mines too work Do i have to download the maps first or what?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deaf_Raiders View Post
    I can not get mines too work Do i have to download the maps first or what?
    Make sure the GPS settings have the 3G's GPS set...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    why is it the maps on my xgps is dark?
    can someone help me ?

Thanks

Have you turned on your iPhone?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default gps maps
    Hi guys!! does anyone know how to add maps on the xgps app.?I live in cyprus which is not on google maps!! is there anyway to add igo8 onto the iphone??

Thanks

Hi guys!! does anyone know how to add maps on the xgps app.?I live in cyprus which is not on google maps!! is there anyway to add igo8 onto the iphone??
    Currently xGPS 1.2 only supports Google maps. The developers have suggested that future versions may support other map sources. For direct support on xGPS goto xGPS Users forum • Index page.

My iPhone is a Part of Me rwin84's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm loving it!
    This is getting a lil' ridiculous...

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123