+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: BTW xGPS 1.2 for GPS Turn-by-Turn Voice Nav Went Public

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
hello, i tried to install it it said MDS something mismatch how to fix that cuz i really want xGPS on my 3g
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

hello, i tried to install it it said MDS something mismatch

how to fix that cuz i really want xGPS on my 3g

Thanks

What FW are you on?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

2.0.2 on 3G

nvm i installed again and all went fine
    Last edited by Miro89; 03-05-2009 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Probably why you are having a problem.
    (sorry - just read that in your details - i should have looked there first!)
    Try upgrading to 2.21 (or 2.20 if you want to unlock your phone).
    Lots of software won't run on FW <2.1
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

ok hi i just downloaded it and i am using it but whenever i go to settings>GPS> it is by default GPS Module so i changed it to iPhone 3G GPS since i am using a 3G iphone. and its stauts is disconnected? y is that and how to enable GPS? i know its says in info that i am from Egypt and GPS is not availbale there. i know all that and i didnt buy mine from there i bought it from Dubai which has GPS so wat the problem??!!!! plz help

SRY IT IS VERY WEIRD, WHEN I CLOSED AND OPENED IT AGAIN IT WORKED!! BUT I HAVE ANOTHER PROBLEM I AM USING VISTA AND I DOWNLOADED THE MANAGER BUT WHEN I SELECT MY REGION AND PRESS DOWNLOAD MAPS, IT TAKES A LONG TIME AND SAYS AT THE TOP NOT RESPONDING!!!! SO IS IT NORMAL SHOULD I LEAVE IT FOR A WHILE OR CLOSE IT CUZ I TRIED CLOSING AND OPENING TWO TIMES AND STILL SAME PROBLEM WHEN I TRY TO DOWNLOAD MAPS
    Last edited by Miro89; 03-05-2009 at 05:44 AM.

Thanks

Settings-> General-> Location Services
    make sure it's turned on.

Thanks

yh i turned that on and everything is fine but in the xgps manager, my region which is kuwait now cuz i am there on vacation, its map size is 816.76 MB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and kuwait is an extremely small country. y is it so big and is there any way to compress it and make it less MB? will it be the same size on the iphone

Thanks

The map sizes to seem to be rather large....

Green Apple
    Thanks

can anyone get voice to work??

iPhone? More like MyPhone KingRedmer's Avatar
    Thanks

i had to double-click my volume up. after pushing it once ringer volume went up, then i pushed it again quickly and app volume went up.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KingRedmer View Post
    is there a way to have it re-route directions if you make a wrong turn, as opposed to it saying "wrong way"? that's my only complaint. it's too hard to re-input addresses and what-not while driving if you go a different way. otherwise, amazing job. this blows the "gmap us" series from the app store out of the water. keep it up!
    Settings > Driving Directions > turn Recompute Itinerary to ON

Just wanted to echo everyone else's thoughts! This app is simply brilliant considering its free. It rivals my Tom Tom and so much so, I will probably be using this more often in the future than said Tom Tom, simply for the fact I can play music and have a Sat Nav!

I have to plug my Tom Tom in since its battery is pretty much dead, meaning I can't listen to music.

Thanks

this app is extremely gr8, however, my only complaint is that the map sizes are HUGE!!!! is there any way to compress that. For example i was downloading a map that is 817.76 MB, WILL IT BE THE SAME SIZE ON MY iPHONE 3G?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default xGPS
    So far, the accuracy sucks as a pedestrian. The GPS places me several blocks away from where I actually am.

Green Apple
    Thanks

The current location is locked and reset gps won't work.... few kinks but how can we complain when it is FREE?!
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default data less GPS
    Any way to get this to work (rerouting/updating/etc) without the need for a live data connection like TomTom or iGO8?

I know you can download and cache the maps, but you still need a live connection to do searches, destinations, etc.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The app doesn't let me view maps while I'm connected to 3G. But it will connect, give my current location etc while I'm connected to wi fi. Any ideas?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just downloaded this app. let me tell you I was waiting for Feb. 20, 2009 and was really upset when it didn't come out. But jumped for joy today, I have been driving around the neighborhood testing this out. Let me tell you for FREE this app. is amazing. The directions are right on the mark no problems at all.!!!! So happy I bought the iphone 3G!!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

WTF I like this app but I selected Australia and said download and it's 797860.8MB that can't be right?

It's 779GB how could this be possible?

iPhone? More like MyPhone nrowensby's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't seem to find this on Cydia?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i love the app the only suggestion i have for the devs is to let you download the maps from the web and then upload them to the phone. i tried to download it on the mac application and it took hours upon hours just to download them and took 5 mins to upload it. i have an extremely fast internet connection so there is no way it should take hours before it even lets you click download map and then even more time just to download it once it starts.