Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dashboard on its Way to the iPhone

I'm not a big fan of Dashboard (use it for once a day maybe ?) however it's great idea to bring it to iPhone which gives another layer in terms of user interface.

it would be also important what gesture you need to bring up the dashboard. double click lock button ? triple click on home button ? please at least don't touch volume button. I've tried QuickSMS and it uses volume key double click as shortcut ... it's really annoying ... really...

Overally looking good, but I wouldn't even think of installing it if it's nothing more than "floating icons"

It looks nice, but I wouldn't use it.

Default awsomeeeee
    good job man! FANTASTIC JOB ACTUALY! now this will be usefull!
    No Spam - ajl917

The term "Springboard" was a spin-off of "Dashboard." In other words, Springboard is to iPhone as Dashboard is to OS X. It's completely pointless to have a Dashboard on the iPhone.

very well explained indian cheese. i dont understand why he quit on stacks due to lack of time, and is now making this project?
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

I think it will clutter up the iphone more than it really needs to be. Sometimes, less is more.

why not just use sbsettings

It would be nice if he would incorporate this with winterboard and have it so we could do this with all our icons...
    Lets say we poof 100% of the icons and then use this dashboard to bring up all the icons... and we would be able to arrange them in whatever config we want, size them and they wouldnt have to follow any apple designated grid pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleDummy View Post
    Not everyone has the clock above at the home screen ive got my own name on it and cant see the clock
    You need your own name more than the clock?
    And I thought I had a bad memory
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

maybe this would be cool as a standalone app, its the kinda thing i could see showing up in the appstore if he did that
    Wanna-be coder/iphone user since '08

so he takes stacks off cydia because he doesnt want to promote jailbreaking, yet is going to release anouther app that you need to jailbreak your phone for, somebodys confused

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

You seem to believe jailbreaking and theft are the same word?

(which doesn't mean I understand all the reasoning -- I believe that isn't it )

My iPhone is a Part of Me kwickone's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this would be the coolest app ever...IF...it could basically replace the screen with a new "shell", and have that shell contain shortcuts (to apps), folders (with shortcuts), and widgets...all of which would be drag and drop anywhere.

Now that would ROCK!

To be honest, I am quite surprised that some iphone developer has not already come up with a replacement shell for Springboard.
    Last edited by kwickone; 02-26-2009 at 01:38 PM.

stacks is still available on cydia via the ste packaging source. I just downloaded it 2 days ago.

as far as this app. Has cool potential for those quick things you want but dont want to start an app for them. For example notes. By the time the app launches and keyboard comes up you forget what you wanted to write.

Sounds super cool! I hope he releases it soon
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

Steven Troughton-Smith said...

Two points:

• I don't want to continue promoting jailbreaking when it's responsible for piracy.

• I can't leave Stack on Cydia because of the endless flood of support requests and other e-mails it brings

I'm working on a better way that just discontinuing it, so bear with me.

thats why i said he doesnt want to promote jailbreaking

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rasbill For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (02-26-2009)

i think its awesome, only because alot of the notes i make i forget about, so if it was open on the home screen it would be pretty cool, i wish the notes app had a badge #

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    You need your own name more than the clock?
    And I thought I had a bad memory
    hehe ofcourse i need my own name on it its my ipod the clock looks ugly anyway^^

EDIT: btw Quick Gold is using that button again ( one click home button ) so i guess he has to change that :/
    Last edited by AppleDummy; 02-26-2009 at 04:27 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,277 Times in 652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rasbill View Post
    thats why i said he doesnt want to promote jailbreaking
    ah i missed that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast