Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.0.3 on the way...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

German localisations would be great! Maybe the next weeks event hints to that.

iPhone? More like MyPhone krUnIzZlE3's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by uPhone559 View Post
    I for one will not update "yet" im finally done with everything yet again lol
    im sick of upload/downloading restoring over and over and over

im with you on that one brotha!! lol i restored my pohone ATLEAsT 17-18 times

How does apple define their version stamping? Would it be 1.0.3 or since WiFi Itunes would be a new "feature" would it be 1.2.0 or 2.0.0???

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Same as corey, I got my 8gigs now so I will wait for the update and then mod it....

Bunga:
    it'd probably be 1.1.0 (1.feature.bug fixes)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tomer For This Useful Post:

njaunich (09-13-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by iphoneroeth View Post
    zoidberg:
    nobody forces you to upgrade your phone. With an upgrade Apple has the right to do what they want to do.
    However, I think it's disappointing if Apple purposely creates an update that breaks the 3rd party apps.
    As far as I know a restore does not go through unless it checks for a new version. Maybe I'm missing something...

Thumbs down Worthwhile Update
    When is Apple going to come out with a WORTHWHILE update for the iPhone??

I could care less about Wifi iTunes... How about fix big issues that people have with this phone...

Fix SMS so that you can forward them..

Fix SMS so that you can ADD OTHER RECIPIENTS and not have to RESEND a message to all your friends (Hey, lets meet 4 happy hr @ iBar lol )

Develop more Apps like a Document Viewer where you can store PDFs, DOCs, XLS files LOCALLY!.. Without Safari or Mail!

I think the update is coming on Sept 15. Because when I plug in my iphone and turn on itunes it says its going to check for updates or something on 09/15/07.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by x0bry7x View Post
    I think the update is coming on Sept 15. Because when I plug in my iphone and turn on itunes it says its going to check for updates or something on 09/15/07.
    It automatically checks once a week. So you last check for an update on the Sept 8th.

Tomer: Yeah that's what I meant to type, plus isn't that the version that is on the touch currently. They'll probably keep the versions in sync even though they are two different devices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone maXimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poetic_folly View Post
    thanks, maximus, for the news!
    You're welcome!!!!!!

Are they going to convert the iphone to the 3G network? Has anyone heard anything? I tried asking ATT but they don't know or won't say. I would love the speed increase. is this going to be a firmware update for the edge phones or will we have to purchase another iPhone? That would suck.. I sense a hack coming on..............!!!!

Ooooo, 3G on the iPhone would be SWEET! Not sure if it's hard/software change tho, anyone know if the EDGE "receiver" would work for 3G?

3g requires hardware... aka you can't get 3g on your current iphone, you'll have to buy the new one.

found this image on the Apple site when looking at the $100 credit. Notice the new option in the General Settings menu: "home Button"

Nice! I wonder if thats a Touch screenshot, or if they are giving us new options. I know on the Touch you can press the home button twice to bring up the iPod menu. Maybe they will give us the option to customize it..

If the iPhone is built like there IMacs that had the abgn wifi and you had to buy the software to enable the n then this could be a possibility. Who knows what the iPhone really has. For all we know it could even have a gps built in and apple could have been working on a software to work with it like google map.

Livin the iPhone Life iphonejeff's Avatar
    Thanks

Screw all the updates untill we get FLASH!!!!
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 09-15-2007 at 12:17 PM. Reason: language
    mod edit, old signature removed

If it had a GPS receiver in it we would know by now. The phone has been taken apart and dissected many times by now..

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iphonejeff View Post
    Screw all the updates untill we get FLASH!!!!
    And cut and paste!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast