+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G $99/8GB $199/16GB NEW @ BB for Reward Zone members, starts 2/22

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
This week Best Buy is giving a $100 instant discount for silver and premier reward zone members. These are NEW! As usual it requires a 2yr new contract, add a
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3G $99/8GB $199/16GB NEW @ BB for Reward Zone members, starts 2/22

This week Best Buy is giving a $100 instant discount for silver and premier reward zone members. These are NEW! As usual it requires a 2yr new contract, add a line, or be eligible for upgrade and a data plan.

cash edit: Some other details:
    • You must have been a rewards member as of 2/21/09. Becoming a rewards member now will do you no good
    • You can see the BesyBuy Rewards email with details here.
    • Premiere Silver members get the 8gb for $99 16gb for $199
    • Normal Reward Zone members get the 8gb for $149 and 16gb for $249
    • Yay for a real $99 iPhone!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illinijeff217 For This Useful Post:

fonz06 (02-25-2009), Taz1981 (02-23-2009)

Thanks

wow cool

too bad i dont shop at best buy

Thanks

I doubt it, but... is "regular price" just stating retail, or is that the price without a contract?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I posted this earlier lol

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/member-...-low-99-a.html
    My only thing now is do I get this or wait and see if there is a new iphone coming soon?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Taz1981 For This Useful Post:

Cody Overcash (02-23-2009)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Doesn't really matter now. I've had my 3G since September/October. And even if I didn't have an iPhone now, I'd just wait until June to see if the new one is coming out then.
    Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?

If I helped you, be sure to press the Thanks! button over there ->
    If I didn't, press it anyway.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There's a reason they are priced so low... i used to work at best buy, the ONLY reason they would lower prices for anything made by apple is because they are receiving or already have something in the back warehouse that's scheduled to be released (A.K.A. New iPhone is Coming soon and they wanna get rid of the old ones.)

Banned
    Thanks

How do you figure out if your silver or premier?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I doubt they already have the new iphone in the warehouse

Green Apple
    Thanks

to find out if you are silve go to https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com and log in if you dont have a log in make one and it will tell you if ur are silve. basically what makes you a silver memeber is spending $2500 in a one year time.

Thanks

somethings brewing...cause AT&T is doing something similiar, they are selling refurbished 3G 8g for $99 & 16G for $199.

1g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: touch 8g-2.2.1-Unteathered Jailbroken

Thanks

anyone want to open a best buy on guam? lol. iphones aren't readily available here... the people here would buy them out.

Banned
    Thanks

Damn I'm a reg member, still save $50 maybe I'll get one for the wife...

Thanks

At least I am a Reward Zone member before 2/21/09. I could buy one, but I have a cell phone and an iPod touch so it's pointless for now for me.
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Green Apple
    Thanks

You could always try to use somebody else's reward zone card. Half the people that wokr at BB don't care it seems like. I had a 10% off coupon not to long ago that stated not to be used on TV's that are on sale. I talked the guy into letting me use it when I bought my 42 inch Sony Bravia. Saved me 100 bucks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Well I'm lucky
    I purchase the 3g 20 days ago so I call the company. Dend I'm a rewardzone silver. BestBuy said that go down to the store and get the 16GB send I already purchase the 8GB for 199 that is the cost of the 16GB so I did now I own the 16GB for 199.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by prism2unit View Post
    There's a reason they are priced so low... i used to work at best buy, the ONLY reason they would lower prices for anything made by apple is because they are receiving or already have something in the back warehouse that's scheduled to be released (A.K.A. New iPhone is Coming soon and they wanna get rid of the old ones.)
    Nope, there are no new iphone skus in RSS... And there are def. no iphones in the warehouse, you know how fast those would go missing if we kept them in the back?!
    Last edited by redapex; 02-23-2009 at 08:12 PM.

Default confused
    ok so when I got my phone was that my "upgrade"? because my friend had atat then got an iphone and then months later went into atat to get a new phone. Don't ask me why but apparently he likes having two phones and they said he never used his upgrade because since he had to pay full price for his iphone it didn't count. Sooooo if my 1st gen iphone was the first phone I had for atat does that mean I can get the 3g with the discount price?

Thanks

This is no good at all as far as I'm concerned. Devices like the IPhone should not be out there for just anyone to own. Our phones are something that sits us apart from the "normal", "average" people out there. Just as the laptop PC once did years ago. Of course these days, everyone can afford a laptop and MOST have them just to say "I have a laptop", as if they are James Bond or something. Let them continue to drop the prices and give "discounts" to "club members" at these stores. Best Buy should have NEVER had the chance to sell these phones at ALL. You should NOT have the option of ordering one online now with AT&T either. If people want an IPhone, they should have to do like most of us did to start with: Get in your car, drive to the Apple Store (a REAL one) and pay out the *** for the phone! But like I said before, they can continue to drop the price and give discounts all they want. Because when every other person on the street starts to pop up with one (much like people that own a Mustang), I'll sell mine off at a loss and move on to the next "big thing".

Don't get me wrong, there are SOME people out there with the knowledge and respect for APPLE who deserve to have an IPhone from day one but could not afford one. HOWEVER, that does not mean that EVERYONE deserves to have one, now does it? By dropping prices, giving discounts or whatever, they are making the IPhone no better than a damn Razor in the end.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I AM the one that hates to see a computer in every house in this country. Let's face it people, 80% of the population are not even smart enough to send an email without getting excited about it. What ever happened to "Geeks vs all"?

On second thought, screw it. I'm going out right now and buying myself a new Mustang, a Xbox (oh and dont forget LIVE! to go with that now), an American Idol t-shirt and most of all, the biggest blue tooth headset I can find (it MUST have at LEAST 4 blinking high output LEDs though). Yeah, that's the ticket...........let's all be just alike........

-----------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ok so when I got my phone was that my "upgrade"? because my friend had atat then got an iphone and then months later went into atat to get a new phone. Don't ask me why but apparently he likes having two phones and they said he never used his upgrade because since he had to pay full price for his iphone it didn't count. Sooooo if my 1st gen iphone was the first phone I had for atat does that mean I can get the 3g with the discount price?
    Are you seriously not sure what the answer is here? I mean, yeah you are not going to like me much at all but let's be honest here. If you can't even figure out what an "upgrade" is on a cell contract, why do you even own an IPhone to start with? Now please, do flame away and make sure to tell me how "great" and "l337" you are. And to think, I grew up in St.Augustine and tell these idiots in Alabama that people back home are as stupid as they are...........guess I need to think that over a little more. Thanks for posting the inane question though
    Last edited by crimson_fried; 02-23-2009 at 10:38 PM.
    Roll Tide!

Je5
    Thanks

Wow buddy someone is a little upset...did you not wake up on the right side today...man chill out I think anyone can get an iPhone if they want...you dont heve to be an ELITE or Above NORMAL to have an iPhone..come on man its 2009
    Dont be that guy..!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Je5 View Post
    Wow buddy someone is a little upset...did you not wake up on the right side today...man chill out I think anyone can get an iPhone if they want...you dont heve to be an ELITE or Above NORMAL to have an iPhone..come on man its 2009

Well you said it all right there man. "It's 2009", yeah it is. And that means that everyone is an "expert" on everything. Everyone has it "all" and everyone should be able to say and do what they want, period. I've taken pride in my toys my whole life, knowing that I had the best of the best. Now, it seems like if they can't afford the best, there is a damn "clone" of it for the low end "citizens" to buy and brag about. What I hate more than low priced IPhones is these damn CELL PHONES (jsut a CELL PHONE, nothing more) that are touch screen. Ok, so you have a phone that does nothing more than a Razor but it's got a small touch screen on it.....and I'm supposed to allow you to think you are just like me and my IPhone now? Or, how about the plasma I own. So you go to one of these rent to own places that will let a crackhead walk out with something with no money down and get a TV. So now you are just as hard working as I am?

Maybe I do come off a little harsh but the way I see it is very, VERY simple: The poor should have nothing and the rest of us should have it all, period. And before anyone tries to tell me that everyone deserves a chance to "have it all"........the US government tried that if you remember...."let's give them food stamps to help them through this hard time. Once they find another job (or whatever the case is), they will get off the stamps and the checks from the government and do something great with their life". Well it didnt work that way and now we have a country full of wellfare check cashing, foodstamp spending, FREE SAMSUNG INSTINCT using, Rent-A-Center TV buying losers that won't shut up about their low end knock off CRAP while the rest of us have to pay triple the price for our toys after paying taxes for these losers.

On a lighter note, I just saved a bundle on my car insurance
    Roll Tide!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to crimson_fried For This Useful Post:

Taz1981 (02-24-2009)