Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G $99/8GB $199/16GB NEW @ BB for Reward Zone members, starts 2/22

Quote Originally Posted by redapex View Post
    Nope, there are no new iphone skus in RSS... And there are def. no iphones in the warehouse, you know how fast those would go missing if we kept them in the back?!
    Best buy is a freakin cult. I still work there after almost 2 years and all they do is brainwash you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

this is dumb. i can already go to the AT&T website and buy a refurb for the same prices with the same contract requirements. I just did it a few days ago and the refurb unit was perfect. best buy is sooo ghey.

Don't you guys get it cheaper depending on your price plan? Here in the UK the more you pay per month the less you pay for the phone.
    35/month 8Gb 100 16Gb 156
    45/month 8Gb Free 16Gb 56
    75/month Both Free (not sure why anyone would want an 8Gb at this price!)
    All on an 18 month contract including unlimited web and Wifi.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

I guess its a little too late to get in on this deal, but it does provoke me to go ahead and sign up.lol I'm even online looking for every other reward and discount program.

I'm saying this not as a moderator but as just another poster: Crimson_Fried is a huge ignorant idiot. If you have to base yourself on what you have vs what everyone else has well my friend there's a name for that. It's called being a tool. But I guess I have to commend your honesty, at least it lets me know right off the bat what type of individual you are so I can just go ahead and add you to my ignore list.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

Kruejl (02-24-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Too bad you need to have already spent at least $2500 in the store that year to become a silver member...

I happen to be a member this year only because my girlfriend and I both bought our laptops for school on her card. Too bad I already have the phone :P

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    I'm saying this not as a moderator but as just another poster: Crimson_Fried is a huge ignorant idiot. If you have to base yourself on what you have vs what everyone else has well my friend there's a name for that. It's called being a tool. But I guess I have to commend your honesty, at least it lets me know right off the bat what type of individual you are so I can just go ahead and add you to my ignore list.
    Usually I find many of your comments abrasive but this one is spot on. I think I like you again.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_fried View Post
    This is no good at all as far as I'm concerned. Devices like the IPhone should not be out there for just anyone to own. Our phones are something that sits us apart from the "normal", "average" people out there.
    Does the normal average person spend $2500 a year at best Buy to be able to get this deal? No... this deal is already for the people dropping a couple grand at the store. They do deals like this often for silver and gold members. Most likely people who are a part of this group already have the iPhone if they ever wanted one. Oh, and thinking you are better than someone else for having the ihone makes you an idiot. Aren;t there over 14 million running around the globe? All of those people are something other than average then?
    Last edited by sziklassy; 02-24-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

I think it is funny how some one who makes more money than someone else thinks because they make more that they other person should not be able to have the things he/ she has. There are people that work really hard and do not make a ton of money but you know maybe they are happy. They save up money and EARN what they have. I for one would never go to rent a center or any place like that because you PAY 3x more than what is worth. But at least Crimson Fried put a smile on my face today because it lets me know how miserable some people are when everything is based on what they can "afford". Not to mention how great it feels to not have thoughts like that in my head making me a nut case. Thanks Crimson. You made my day I am even going to give you a thanks just for being a miserable person showing everyone that Money is not everything. Oh and by the way I got my iPhone when it first came out BUT I did not pay a penny

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    ok so when I got my phone was that my "upgrade"? because my friend had atat then got an iphone and then months later went into atat to get a new phone. Don't ask me why but apparently he likes having two phones and they said he never used his upgrade because since he had to pay full price for his iphone it didn't count. Sooooo if my 1st gen iphone was the first phone I had for atat does that mean I can get the 3g with the discount price?
    The quick answer to your question is, yes. The 1st generation iPhone did not have any sort of subsidation with the price. You essentially bought the handset and signed a 2 year contract without any sort of discount. If you wanted to get another phone that same day you could have gotten it at the discount price as well. BUT, Once you buy the 3G though you will have to wait 12 months to get another phone at "upgrade" price.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_fried View Post
    This is no good at all as far as I'm concerned. Devices like the IPhone should not be out there for just anyone to own. Our phones are something that sits us apart from the "normal", "average" people out there. Just as the laptop PC once did years ago. Of course these days, everyone can afford a laptop and MOST have them just to say "I have a laptop", as if they are James Bond or something. Let them continue to drop the prices and give "discounts" to "club members" at these stores. Best Buy should have NEVER had the chance to sell these phones at ALL. You should NOT have the option of ordering one online now with AT&T either. If people want an IPhone, they should have to do like most of us did to start with: Get in your car, drive to the Apple Store (a REAL one) and pay out the *** for the phone! But like I said before, they can continue to drop the price and give discounts all they want. Because when every other person on the street starts to pop up with one (much like people that own a Mustang), I'll sell mine off at a loss and move on to the next "big thing".

Don't get me wrong, there are SOME people out there with the knowledge and respect for APPLE who deserve to have an IPhone from day one but could not afford one. HOWEVER, that does not mean that EVERYONE deserves to have one, now does it? By dropping prices, giving discounts or whatever, they are making the IPhone no better than a damn Razor in the end.

Of course, this is just my opinion and I AM the one that hates to see a computer in every house in this country. Let's face it people, 80% of the population are not even smart enough to send an email without getting excited about it. What ever happened to "Geeks vs all"?

On second thought, screw it. I'm going out right now and buying myself a new Mustang, a Xbox (oh and dont forget LIVE! to go with that now), an American Idol t-shirt and most of all, the biggest blue tooth headset I can find (it MUST have at LEAST 4 blinking high output LEDs though). Yeah, that's the ticket...........let's all be just alike........

-----------------------

Are you seriously not sure what the answer is here? I mean, yeah you are not going to like me much at all but let's be honest here. If you can't even figure out what an "upgrade" is on a cell contract, why do you even own an IPhone to start with? Now please, do flame away and make sure to tell me how "great" and "l337" you are. And to think, I grew up in St.Augustine and tell these idiots in Alabama that people back home are as stupid as they are...........guess I need to think that over a little more. Thanks for posting the inane question though

Dude, Ease up, the iPhone is a great thing and I think everyone should be in on it.
    You are greedy as hell.

I hope you drop your phone and it shatters.

You deserve it.

I VOTE This crimson fried dude should go kcuf himself.
    ALL IN FAVOR?
    Last edited by jaybe417; 02-24-2009 at 10:23 AM.
    "Weezy I'm sick"

Quote Originally Posted by jaybe417 View Post
    You are greedy as hell.

I hope you drop your phone and it shatters.

You deserve it.
    He is a Troll. Please don't sink to his level
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

It's getting kind of ridiculous here...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wcbardwell View Post
    It's getting kind of ridiculous here...
    how so?

Stealth thats a hell of a thumbnail. Guess i need to know programing to get something like it huh

IM PRETTY NEW HERE AND I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO BOUGHT AN IPHONE ALREADY JAILBROKEN. THEN LEARNED TO DO IT MYSELF IM SURE THERE WAS A DAY WHEN HE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT IPHONE AND TO RANK ON THE AVERAGE USER IS OUTRIGHT DISSCUSTING.MAN U R ONE SCARY DUDES AND WHEN I MEAN SCARY I MEAN UR ONE OF THOSE IM SCARED FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE WHAT I HAVE B CAUSE THEN THERE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS ME. SHUT UP AND STOP CRYING AND IM WONDERING HOW DO U KNOW WHAT CRACKHEADS DO HAVE U EVER DELT WITH ONE WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO GEEKS VERSUS ALL WAS GEEKS LIKE U. FROM MY UNDERSTANDING ARENT GEEKS COMPETITVE? WHATS HAPPENING IS U HAVE AN OVERLORD NATURE U HAVE SURPASSED GEEKDOME MY FRIEND UR IN A CLASS ALL BY URSELF SO STAY THERE DONT COMMUNICATE AND U WILL B THE ONLY ONE WITH AND WE WILL HAVE NOTHING U HAVE B CAUSE WE WONT KNOW WHAT U HAVE. I HAVE BEEN EARNING A NEW FOUND RESPECT FOR GEEKS AND U GUYS R COOL BUT THIS CRIMSON ATTITUDE IS A MESS.SO TO ALL THOSE WITH AN IPHONE AND FOUND A WAY TO GET IT CHEAP COOL KNOCK OFF COOL NAW MORE SERIOUSLY LETS ALL IPHONE TOGETHER THIS THING CAN DO TOO MUCH TO BICKER ABOUT WHO SHOULD AND WHO SHOULDNT OWN ONE THATS APPLES DECISION U NEED ALL THREE MINDS ON WHERE THIS PHONE CAN GO.LOWER MIDDLE UPPER CLASS THOUGHT B CAUSE THIS PHONE CAN BENIFIT ALL. CRIMSON DONT KNOW U MAN BUT WE CANT SIMPLY AFFORD TO B CLOSE MINDED ABOUT THE IPHONE. IM AM ON OF THOSE LOWER CLASSES BUT ALL IN ALL I HAVE A GREAT RESPECT FOR TECHNOLOGY AND WOULD EVEN LIKE TO LEARN CODE WRITING MYSELF AND THE IPONE IS GIVING ME THAT CHANCE WITH MY LONG WORK DAYS I LOVE IT. I HAD A KNOCK OFF A YEAR AGO AND U KNOW WHAT IT MADE ME BUY THE FIRST REAL ONE I COULD GET MY HANDS ON BASICALLY THE KNOCK OFF MADE ME GAIN A NEW RESPECT FOR THE IPHONE I USED TO LOVE W*#@$WS MOBILE PHONE SO GO FIGURE IVE BEEN ASSIMILATED. A U ACTUALLY UES MORE MUSCLE TO FROWN THAN IT DOSE TO B HAPPY PUT A SMILE THAT CRIMSON FACE DOODY.

IM PRETTY NEW HERE AND I AM ONE OF THOSE WHO BOUGHT AN IPHONE ALREADY JAILBROKEN. THEN LEARNED TO DO IT MYSELF IM SURE THERE WAS A DAY WHEN HE DIDNT KNOW ABOUT IPHONE AND TO RANK ON THE AVERAGE USER IS OUTRIGHT DISSCUSTING.MAN U R ONE SCARY DUDES AND WHEN I MEAN SCARY I MEAN UR ONE OF THOSE IM SCARED FOR PEOPLE TO HAVE WHAT I HAVE B CAUSE THEN THERE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS ME. SHUT UP AND STOP CRYING AND IM WONDERING HOW DO U KNOW WHAT CRACKHEADS DO HAVE U EVER DELT WITH ONE WHAT EVER HAPPEND TO GEEKS VERSUS ALL WAS GEEKS LIKE U. FROM MY UNDERSTANDING ARENT GEEKS COMPETITVE? WHATS HAPPENING IS U HAVE AN OVERLORD NATURE U HAVE SURPASSED GEEKDOME MY FRIEND UR IN A CLASS ALL BY URSELF SO STAY THERE DONT COMMUNICATE AND U WILL B THE ONLY ONE WITH AND WE WILL HAVE NOTHING U HAVE B CAUSE WE WONT KNOW WHAT U HAVE. I HAVE BEEN EARNING A NEW FOUND RESPECT FOR GEEKS AND U GUYS R COOL BUT THIS CRIMSON ATTITUDE IS A MESS.SO TO ALL THOSE WITH AN IPHONE AND FOUND A WAY TO GET IT CHEAP COOL KNOCK OFF COOL NAW MORE SERIOUSLY LETS ALL IPHONE TOGETHER THIS THING CAN DO TOO MUCH TO BICKER ABOUT WHO SHOULD AND WHO SHOULDNT OWN ONE THATS APPLES DECISION U NEED ALL THREE MINDS ON WHERE THIS PHONE CAN GO.LOWER MIDDLE UPPER CLASS THOUGHT B CAUSE THIS PHONE CAN BENIFIT ALL. CRIMSON DONT KNOW U MAN BUT WE CANT SIMPLY AFFORD TO B CLOSE MINDED ABOUT THE IPHONE. IM AM ON OF THOSE LOWER CLASSES BUT ALL IN ALL I HAVE A GREAT RESPECT FOR TECHNOLOGY AND WOULD EVEN LIKE TO LEARN CODE WRITING MYSELF AND THE IPONE IS GIVING ME THAT CHANCE WITH MY LONG WORK DAYS I LOVE IT. I HAD A KNOCK OFF A YEAR AGO AND U KNOW WHAT IT MADE ME BUY THE FIRST REAL ONE I COULD GET MY HANDS ON BASICALLY THE KNOCK OFF MADE ME GAIN A NEW RESPECT FOR THE IPHONE I USED TO LOVE W*#@$WS MOBILE PHONE SO GO FIGURE IVE BEEN ASSIMILATED. A U ACTUALLY UES MORE MUSCLE TO FROWN THAN IT DOSE TO B HAPPY PUT A SMILE THAT CRIMSON FACE DOODY.
    Last edited by DEEPTHOUGHT@; 02-24-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Typing in capitals is considered SHOUTING and very rude.
    Typing without any punctuation makes it damn near impossible to read and double posting makes it doubly so.

Thanks

Wow....

Default oh
    sorry i did not know new to this forum thing was not shoutin at all sorry everyone for that.

Default Wow
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson_fried
    This is no good at all as far as I'm concerned. Devices like the IPhone should not be out there for just anyone to own. Our phones are something that sits us apart from the "normal", "average" people out there. Just as the laptop PC once did years ago. Of course these days, everyone can afford a laptop and MOST have them just to say "I have a laptop", as if they are James Bond or something.
    Wow, just wow. I think most people that have laptops nowadays have them because they're more convenient than sitting in a back room of your house hunched over a computer, not because they want to look like James Bond. Having a massive desktop is a pain if all you're gonna do is check your emails and trawl around on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_fried
    Because when every other person on the street starts to pop up with one (much like people that own a Mustang), I'll sell mine off at a loss and move on to the next "big thing".
    Not sure if you'd realised but this is Apples marketing strategy, they cater initially to those who crave technology and those who are vain because these are the groups that are willing to pay a lot of money to be the first out there with it. When the wave dies down they'll drop prices and make deals to make sure that everyone else can get a piece of the action, these people will also become fans.. The people who were first (depending on how vain/geeky they are) will now want something better, and Apple will deliver.

You'll go out and buy the new iPhone the days it comes out, someone else will be just as happy getting a 3G for $50 from at&t. I'll wait for my upgrade and take one for free but of course it would be nice to have it from day 1.

..and if Mustangs and 360's were half price today, I'd definitely check to see if i could afford one

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Comedy For This Useful Post:

DEEPTHOUGHT@ (02-24-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Agreed.
    Apples taste good.

Banned
    Thanks

My wife isn't eligible for upgrade until July 2010. Think I can still get one from Best Buy? I wonder if they'll take the time to care...

This raises a question, why does the cell phone company get to ditict when I upgrade my cell phone?! Damn contract.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast