Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mobile Flash? Not good Enough, says Steve

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,809 Times in 1,229 Posts

Default Mobile Flash? Not good Enough, says Steve
    Jobs, in a meeting Tuesday, opened up a little about what's going on with the Flash situation.

Apaprently, Mobile Flash just plain isn't good enough for him - too weak to really use the iPhone's power, and not enough features. Full Flash, however, is too MUCH for the iPhone.

Basically, he'd like Adobe to create what he calls the "missing product in the middle" before he puts Flash on the iPhone.

In other words, it may or may not be a while.

CNN

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

ipirate (03-06-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irishrule812 View Post
    First comment
    well that sounds awesome
    he says "first comment" but did not say there was a miss spell? did you even read it?

In other words, it my or may not be a while.

In other words, it may or may not be a while.

not making fun of you p_f, but it always just looks better.

"Full Flash, however, is too MUCH for the iPhone."

Doesn't make any sense! WTF! Jobs! I want flash period. I'll be satisfied when you fix this damn problem.

The phone is amazing. I would say the best phone ever but we are missing the basics ... MMS - FLASH - Video. Whats taken so freaking long. People are working hard with a limited or unofficial SDK. Truthfully, This whole unlock issue is a problem and even a bill is being passed to stop this crap. Wake up and make the phone ... the iphone an unlimited tool for creativity.

i think we should get mobile flash till full-mobile is ready

Yea but porting mobile flash will take valuable time and programmers away from the flash Jobs Wants!...

I think these are all excuses so they can delay everything.
    I mean - where the hell did the SDK go? Huh? End of Feb My *****.

Now they want to port flash.. Ha. They'll probably port mobile flash and make it to be some BIG thing when its just crappy mobile Flash.
    But then Say that so called 'BIG' thing took how many months to port.

F***ing Apple. Always making Excuses.
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

Quote Originally Posted by bekochu View Post
    "Full Flash, however, is too MUCH for the iPhone."

Doesn't make any sense! WTF! Jobs! I want flash period. I'll be satisfied when you fix this damn problem.

The phone is amazing. I would say the best phone ever but we are missing the basics ... MMS - FLASH - Video. Whats taken so freaking long. People are working hard with a limited or unofficial SDK. Truthfully, This whole unlock issue is a problem and even a bill is being passed to stop this crap. Wake up and make the phone ... the iphone an unlimited tool for creativity.
    Thats exactly what i think about flash support for the iphone/touch :/

Leave it to Jobs to say screw you when it comes to something you want to see. This ticks me off.

Thanks

Since Jobs came back to Apple that has always been his mantra. He will do what he thinks is best for the customer, whether the customer agrees or not. If he doesn't think flash should be there, you're not going to get it, and that's final. He's like a kid playing king of the hill, in a megalomaniac sort of way.

I used flash on my Treo (although only up to version 5 swf's) and I quite enjoyed it. But Steve doesn't think Flash lite provides enough enrichment for iPhone users, so we can't have it. Mommy knows best, so we should just sit down and shut up.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

hessman23 (03-17-2008)

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

what about java? I would like to utilize one of the programs i have (GoToMyPC) but it requires a java appalet to start.

That guy is a jacka$$. He has more excuses than my ex-wife. As long as websites have flash, we need something to view it with. There are a lot of weaknesses due to it's size and design. Just give us the best option available and work on improving it.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 02589 For This Useful Post:

hessman23 (03-17-2008)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    That guy is a jacka$$. He has more excuses than my ex-wife.
    LOL
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

they better get on the ball over there....wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Since Jobs came back to Apple that has always been his mantra. He will do what he thinks is best for the customer, whether the customer agrees or not. If he doesn't think flash should be there, you're not going to get it, and that's final. He's like a kid playing king of the hill, in a megalomaniac sort of way.

I used flash on my Treo (although only up to version 5 swf's) and I quite enjoyed it. But Steve doesn't think Flash lite provides enough enrichment for iPhone users, so we can't have it. Mommy knows best, so we should just sit down and shut up.
    You said it best. Man do I not miss the Treo's small screen for mobile internet browsing. Even PIE didn't make it better. Haha

Reako

although not a phone, the opera browser on the archos 5 gen devices have flash on them.
    "absorb what is useful..." - bruce lee

How about sticking to something simple like MMS or copy and paste or adding multiple pictures to one email. Is that simple enough for him? I wish i can meet him in a dark alley some where

^ truth.

We're not asking for new things and paradigm-shifting creativity...we're asking for things that have been in phones for LITERALLY YEARS.

Honest to God question, why exactly do people want flash on the iphone? None of the sites I visit use flash, and the few I do that do use flash tends to be for advertisement or annoying intros, both of which I end up blocking anyways.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Honest to God question, why exactly do people want flash on the iphone? None of the sites I visit use flash, and the few I do that do use flash tends to be for advertisement or annoying intros, both of which I end up blocking anyways.
    I would definitely be happy having flash because a couple of the sites I frequent require flash to do just about anything. I end up having to wait till I get to a computer to go on and view them.

For the most part however the sites I go to do not require it, it would be nice but Im not dieing without it.

After reading the article, it doesnt look like this will be coming any time soon. Doesnt look like Adobe will be working on it for the iPhone because of the tension between the companies, Apple will probably have to try to create a program themselves.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Have you ever been to a little site called Myspace? Flash is what makes it. I use myspace to explore new music and...can't really explore the music when all you get is a "flash is required to view this content" message. As well as purevolume and probably quite a few more sites. I'm waiting for flash as well. Almost every online video browsing site requires flash but, i guess you haven't been to one yet. Try it at: www.youtube.com, it's not that popular yet so I don't blame peopel for not really knowing of it. It'll get big soon though don't worry.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This announcement kinda reminds me of when Sony was saying that gamers don't want rumble controllers. And months later they magically have them announce the release. I think in sometime flash will be here when they found out how to port it. I think they are just being lazy
    Last edited by iMacMar; 03-06-2008 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Forgot the "m" in rumble

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast