Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Inhaling Flash Memory a Sign of the Next iPhone

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,279 Times in 652 Posts

Default Apple Inhaling Flash Memory a Sign of the Next iPhone

Although there isn't really any doubt that there is a new iPhone on its way for Summer 2009 it's always fun to have repeated confirmation. According to a ThinkEquity Partners report concerning the market of flash memory Apple is grabbing up massive quantities of flash memory leaving the market dry. Even companies like SanDisk which don't even supply Apple with memory are feeling the effects of Apple's buying Spree.

There may even be a lack of worldwide flash supply with Apple's aggressive purchasing. Samsung, the largest producer of flash memory in the world with 40% of world production, is completely sold out of flash memory through April 2009. All memory that Samsung makes until then goes straight to Apple. Can't wait till June and hopefully a 32 GB iPhone.

[appleinsider via fortune]

umm its pretty obvious i guess.

lets hope for 4 core and 32GB

yay over 100gb soon! i hope and no hD!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'd rather have apple perfect the iPhone OS, then keep coming out with new models... I mean the 3G iPhone wasn't really stable until 2.1... regardless i'll still end up getting the new model

Thanks

Would be nice if they tweaked the camera, too, while at it. That thing is an embarrassment.

im definetly getting the new iphone when it comes out im not happen with my 3g

i just got my 3g on Jan 1st. I'm gonna need a discount or something.lol I agree that the software could use a couple of updates. You can't just give us some new equipment and expect us to just be happy. You have to wrap it up nicely, and put a bow on it.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockjohn View Post
    im definetly getting the new iphone when it comes out im not happen with my 3g
    This is a funny statement. You are not happy with their latest product yet you are going to go out and buy its successor. Apple loves you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sziklassy For This Useful Post:

dancin_smurf (02-20-2009)

LOL!!! Hell Yea i wud love him as a customer 2!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoda_zx View Post
    I'd rather have apple perfect the iPhone OS, then keep coming out with new models... I mean the 3G iPhone wasn't really stable until 2.1... regardless i'll still end up getting the new model
    You and me both man (and the rest of the world too). But constant OS updates doesn;t bring in the money like new hardware does. Convincing us that we NEED the next phone, and the next, and the next is where Apple focuses their marketing.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If it's worth it to get the new one, I'll probably end up selling my 3G and getting the newer one after a while. =P Hopefully 32GB though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

I'll probably upgrade if the processor is faster and it has more RAM; all those themes really slow it down ;-) Not sure if I'll be as lucky selling my 3G as I was selling my first iPhone....I sold my first phone for more than I paid for the 3G phone....

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inko9nito View Post
    Would be nice if they tweaked the camera, too, while at it. That thing is an embarrassment.
    I hate the camera! No flash and I have to get practically on top of things to get a close up picture... and what is more frustrating is at times you can't get that close so you can't take the picture you would have liked to....

Quote Originally Posted by BenzoHartt View Post
    i just got my 3g on Jan 1st. I'm gonna need a discount or something.lol I agree that the software could use a couple of updates. You can't just give us some new equipment and expect us to just be happy. You have to wrap it up nicely, and put a bow on it.
    You just got the 3G in January? The software needing updates? You should have bought it when it first came out... what a challenge it was to use at first... it has came a long way since it was released...

It will be nice if they give us more space.. but would be nice to be able to use it as well.... the 3G is nice but you only have nine pages to work with.. I need more pages now and can't get them... so jailbreaking to use the app where you can organize and use folders to have more pages....
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 02-20-2009 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Green Apple
    Thanks
    loooooks gd

Quote Originally Posted by rkisling View Post
    I'll probably upgrade if the processor is faster and it has more RAM; all those themes really slow it down ;-) Not sure if I'll be as lucky selling my 3G as I was selling my first iPhone....I sold my first phone for more than I paid for the 3G phone....

I sold my iPod Touch for 20 more than I paid for my iPhone 3G. Technically that's not true as we pay a subsidisation every month through the contract...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I didn't buy the 3G for this very reason; I'll be soon one of the few to get the July 2009 model. The iPhone 3G is alredy kinda new in Alaska, with people who have them walking around like bigots (iPhone=rich, cool person mentality), even though it is VERY easy to get one here ("homeless" looking people have them). Can't wait to see the iYahtzees in line at my local AT&T kiosk in the mall this summer...Crap! I might be one of them!!!

Thanks

this is happening tooooo damm quickly

just 7 months ago we bought the 3G!!! let me first grow tired of it... (im still to get there)
    Last edited by greenleaf187; 02-21-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You guys cant be serious!? This is what Apple does. They trickle upgrades to us in order to keep sales up and their hardware alive. Dont get me wrong... i looooooooove my iPhone. But come on... really? Surprised... no.

Thanks
    I think it's perfect that Apple releases a new iPhone every summer, the cell phone business is tough out there. Before my first iPhone I would buy the hottest phone for my last carrier, and I would be swapping phones within the next 5-6 months. Gotta keep coming out with better hardware and software, and Apple is doing so. So I'll patiently wait for the new iPhone this summer, and probably sell my Unlocked 3G in August to buy the new one.

runCMD
    Default Skipped the 3G
    Me - I skipped the 3G - figured I could wait until Apple gave me a major upgrade. on the 1st Gen iphone - 2.5G works just fine. I am ripe, however, for a summer release of a 32Gig iPhone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast