Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep Native Apps on the iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Signed

OS X - excellent enough to put on phones LGgeek's Avatar
    Thanks

Signed

my expectations:
    I don't expect Apple to actively block 3rd party apps,I also don't expect them to try to make sure every 3rd party will work. I understand that sometimes they may break by the changes they make but I expect them to be minor and something 3rd party apps folks could fix. Finally If Apple allowed for development and provided guide lines none of this would be needed.
    I don't drink kool-Aid, I don't join cults.
    This is why I break out in cold sweat going to Apple retail store.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Signed!!!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

signed

Signed!

signed.

The third party apps are what I enjoy most. NES, TTR, SummerBoard and most inportantly installer.app

I agree that apple should not have to be careful not to break third party apps with updates but to lock the iPhone up so that 3rd party apps are impossible is really limiting the appeal of the product.
    iPhone - unlocked, custom apps and skins.
    SIM UNLOCKED AND WORKING WITH EDGE
    ON ROGERS CANADA (edmonton, ab)

I hereby agree to the aforementioned text in this petition.
    Signed, SFB, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    When the rumored GSM version of the iPhone ships, will the firmware on this be different enough that it will break some apps? Probably.
    Pretty sure the "rumored GSM version" was announced in January 2007, and shipped on June 29th, 2007. Or am I missing something?

Signed! (Signed x100 with made-up names as well)

Signed

Create new apps, sell more iPhones, make Apple more money, it should be a no brainer!

Quote Originally Posted by steinah View Post
    Pretty sure the "rumored GSM version" was announced in January 2007, and shipped on June 29th, 2007. Or am I missing something?
    Heh, sorry, that should have been 3G, not GSM.

Signed,
    Kory W.

By taking away 3rd party application features you will be irritating even more people. I thought irritating 1,000,000 people would be more than enough.

Signed...

Though I find it very very difficult to believe that Apple would intentionally disable 3rd party apps. Only thing I could think is they might be receiving some legal pressures from AT&T (with the exclusive market channel) that iPhone is "too easy" to hack and therefore diminish value of exclusive agreement (lost subscriptions to other GSM providers, lost revenues on iTune channel apps and svcs...). So maybe Apple has to make a token gesture to lock phone down. Seeing the craftiness of the dev community, I am sure would be no time at all to re-break it...

Cheers

Thanks

Jobs is a controlling megalomaniac. He'll simply laugh at this.

SIGNED AND AGREED

but the thing is there pry gonna break it then take all the iphone application ideas and use them to develop there own "new" apple programs and sell them so im expecting im not gonna update my phone for awhile

Smile Signed!
    Signed

Signed.

( Why wouldn't I? The iPhone is the greatest thing ever created,.... since apps were created for it =) )
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast