Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Keep Native Apps on the iPhone

signed...
    GC

Signed, and telling others.

signed

signed

iPhone? More like MyPhone DarkDragonAn's Avatar
    Thanks

signed!

All over that one!!!!!!

Signed, but only because I would like to see third party apps developed and promoted.

NOT because I think Apple is out to break the 3rd party apps.

Face it: Third party apps, even the unlocks, sell phones. It would be foolish for them to intentionally look for ways to break them, or even relock the phones.

I think what they're warning us about is that future updates may have to re-lock or otherwise break the apps, in order for the updates to be implemented at all. And in the event that happens then Apple will not take steps to avoid it.

I still would rather have beneficial official updates than a 3rd party app. Shackling the devs by demanding they not break a widget is counterproductive IMO
    Last edited by Murfunit; 09-13-2007 at 10:12 AM.
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    Signed, but only because I would like to see third party apps developed and promoted.

NOT because I think Apple is out to break the 3rd party apps.

Face it: Third party apps, even the unlocks, sell phones. It would be foolish for them to intentionally look for ways to break them, or even relock the phones.

I think what they're warning us about is that future updates may have to re-lock or otherwise break the apps, in order for the updates to be implemented at all. And in the event that happens then Apple will not take steps to avoid it.

I still would rather have beneficial official updates than a 3rd party app. Shackling the devs by demanding they not break a widget is counterproductive IMO
    I completely agree, but by that same token I don't think they should go out of their way to break apps. (unlocks are a different story since it is in essence breaking their deal with AT&T)

Signed! I wouldnt even be buying a iPod Touch if I didnt know it was going to be hacked for apps.

And nothing can ever be so secure everyone will forget about hacking it. The PSP hacking scene has been going on for a long time now and sony is always trying to find away to stop homebrew apps from being run on it, but they cant. The hackers keep going.
    Last edited by iAmThePhone; 09-13-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    "Hey, I thought you said that guy was dead!"
    "No, what I said was he sleeps with the fishes"
    Windows is not a virus, viruses do something.

Signed.

Web 2.0 isn't ready to support all the data we generate and require to have with us all the time. #rd party apps are the only way to make the iPhone reach the potential that many of us think is has.

I really wish Apple would just support 3rd party development. I don't see why an SDK can't be released and a certification program started to verify that 3rd party apps aren't going to upset the functionality and stability of the device...

Pointless endeavor. Petitions like this don't do squat. "We're not asking for a SDK but don't break our apps." Please.

It's great Apple is taking a neutral stance in the first place... they could have easily locked it all down. What we should be asking for is an official SDK so developers don't have to sidestep around Apple. I'd imagine this might actually be coming with Leopard but we'll see.

People who hack their phone should be smart enough to know how to update their software (both developers and end users) if it breaks. It's not like Apple is releasing daily software updates here either...

People are misreading into this as "Apple hates hackers so every update will break their applications." Apple is not going out of their way to prevent hacking...
    Last edited by Spin This!; 09-13-2007 at 11:15 AM.

Signed

If they go forth with doing that im getting rid of my phone, period

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Signed!!!
    I really hope they dont break our 3rd Party APPS.

signed

do not break my NES or TTR PLEASEEEE

Quote Originally Posted by Criss View Post
    It's not that we're saying they will intentionally break apps. I think the real point of what Apple was saying is that they will be locking the phone back down so that we are unable to do these custom apps and things we have been doing.
    Nothing anywhere that I've read said that Apple would be locking the phone down to prevent 3rd party apps. I have no idea where you got that from.

Signed. and i know may people who will probably not buy if there is no 3rd party apps... lets hope it can go on for a while

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast