+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sygic Demos Their iPhone Turn-by-Turn at MWC09

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
According to published reports, this app has officially been submitted to Apple. I guess it's only a matter of time before Apple scoffs at it and brushes it aside. Hell,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

According to published reports, this app has officially been submitted to Apple. I guess it's only a matter of time before Apple scoffs at it and brushes it aside. Hell, who knows... Maybe it'll sneak through like xRoad's G-Map apps did, although I still can't figure out how the heck they got by the SDK's explicit restrictions against real-time, turn by turn gps navigation apps.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HondaCop View Post
    Apple probably wont accept these types of apps, yet they accept farting and yo momma jokes apps. Way to go Apple. If I get lost, I can fart my way back home and drop a couple of Yo Momma jokes to those I stop out with when asking for directions.
    Well hey why not. I hear it works well. Those are obvious the best ways to get home....

More than likely, they have a plan with Google to release it later. As a great new package. 'January Software Update' anyone?
    iPhone 4- I'll start theming again

Thanks

ALK have already previewed CoPilot on the iPhone. Apple will not let them release it as it breaches the T&C of the SDK.
    They are in talks with Apple but will not release without Apple's permission as they have to use the SDK.

But 25? If that's all you guys are willing to pay for proper SatNav they probably won't bother LOL

xGPS is free - and very good for the price (not knocking them in any way - looking forward to their relese tomorrow - check it out) but it's not proper SatNAv - and you won't get proper SatNav for 25 - but if Apple have their way we wont get proper SatNav at all
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

is the new release for xgps going to update automaticly on my phone?
    now i know that this is another subject,but if anybody can guide me please,do so.
    i have videorecorder3g on my phone,but i cant figure out how to down load it to my computer.i have gone to there web site and downloaded the link that it is supposed to work but i get a message on my computer that the file is not supported and it cant open.how does it work,please tell me,this is dryving me crazy.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I'd be willing to way around $70-90 for a proper GPS turn-by-turn and all the jazz application/suite for the iPhone.

The people mentioning releasing this for free are hilariously dreaming in clouds.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Thanks

Just paid $89 for Garmin Mobile XT for my wife's new Nokia E71. If any voice GPS program ever comes to the iPhone, I'd expect to pay around the same amount...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Apple is going to deny it. Why not release it to us. I mean i would be willing to pay for this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HondaCop View Post
    Apple probably wont accept these types of apps, yet they accept farting and yo momma jokes apps. Way to go Apple. If I get lost, I can fart my way back home and drop a couple of Yo Momma jokes to those I stop out with when asking for directions.
    That is hilarious and the same with apple making the iphone 3g with built in gps useless.

Thanks

Its not like apple dont get money from appstore apps, I don't understand why apple won't listen to their customers and provide some of the necessary features it lacks. They don't even need to do any work, the app is ready let it in the appstore!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayzfelon View Post
    That is hilarious and the same with apple making the iphone 3g with built in gps useless.
    If only there was an application on the phone in which you could search for an address and then use your GPS-based current location to get directions to it...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    If only there was an application on the phone in which you could search for an address and then use your GPS-based current location to get directions to it...
    CoPilot uses Windows Live search so you can search for things on that and navigate to them or, obviously, any address in your address book, just waiting for them to get a fully working version for the iPhone and they are just waiting for Apple to give them the go ahead...
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

I was sarcastically referencing the Maps app we already have as a point for having the GPS on the phone already...

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

**** apple, whats the point of a damn GPS chip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    man that looks sweet!! If apple doesnt accept it then they should release it to the jailbreak fans. Heck id pay at least $25for it.
    You'll never get a GPS for 25$. An annual map update from garmin costs $100 alone.
    Last edited by M4tt Dam0n; 02-22-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Apple and is s*****g politics, I hope someone buy apple and let the gps turn by turn programs to be released, this is more problable than the stupid people of apple let we have a decent gps program.

Thanks

what about the update from xgps was it ever released,i still have the old version.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eatdirt1 View Post
    what about the update from xgps was it ever released,i still have the old version.
    It hasn't been released yet. 9/3/09 ETA

Thanks
    Hopefully Cydia will pick it up!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Best way to go is release it on Cydia and sell it ona subscription basis : $2 per month!

I would go with the other guy's GPS solution (xGPS is it) which is atleast released as a beta (turn by turn) works great already! Voice pending!
    Last edited by kkiran; 02-26-2009 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Search Google for "Custom Firmware 3.1.2" if you don't have a Mac and are using Windows!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kkiran View Post
    Best way to go is release it on Cydia and sell it ona subscription basis : $2 per month!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAH God that just made my week, maybe month.

If/when a full fledged GPS-navigation app comes out to the phone, everyone should be fully aware that you WILL have to pay at a minimum $70-100. And that's without the yearly update, other region map packs, and other changes brought through time.

EDIT: to add some more content. The reason all GPS and navigation software is because they need to make/license the map data. You can't just go and use google map on the iphone for navigation since the apps don't have the license to use it, so they need to bring their own. This means 1 of 2 things: Either the app itself will store the map information, making them HUGE in size depending on how much you have or they have to set up a streaming function a la google maps, which is a whole other mess and they rarely go that way. So fully expect to pay 30-50 for the app and then 70-100 for map packs. Just go to any Garmin/Magellan GPS solution and check their prices, that's what you're going to have to pay.

Sygic themselves is just jumping into the market so most of their stuff is on trial. However, they have a sweet thing going by not making a GPS device themselves and instead making software for phones/PDAs. How much this will save in costs, who knows.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 02-26-2009 at 12:32 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

IMO this is just never going to happen in a legit way.
    To Generate and update maps cost much more money than people are willing to spend for an Iphone based system so even if the App store was to pick up this prg, as pointed out before it would cost about $100 plus a annual map charge of probably another $50-$100.

The only way this is going to ever work is if it's a Cydia app and the maps are "borrowed" from some larger company.