Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sygic Demos Their iPhone Turn-by-Turn at MWC09

iPhone? More like MyPhone alpawa's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eatdirt1 View Post
    That would really suck if we cant get our hands on it,i was really looking forward on down loading it.
    I'm not so sure... Wouldn't want to be drinving, following directions and sudenly, a call interupts the navigation and woops! The iPhone is the greatest thing, but it's not a swiss army knife... Best to let some apps aff the iPhone...

Quote Originally Posted by alpawa View Post
    I'm not so sure... Wouldn't want to be drinving, following directions and sudenly, a call interupts the navigation and woops! The iPhone is the greatest thing, but it's not a swiss army knife... Best to let some apps aff the iPhone...
    Most GPS for cars have Bluetooth so you can pair your phone and pick up the calls in them so it isn't that much of a stretch to put the iPhone as a GPS device.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Cool aww what the h***
    Apple will reject it, we need that ipa for jailbroken phones, f that we got our own xgps

Quote Originally Posted by cash7c3 View Post

I previously mentioned at the end of our xGPS post that Sygic would be showing off their turn-by-turn navigation app at the Mobile World Conference this week and low and behold they did! Dieter Bohn of theiphoneblog had the opportuntiy to grab some shots and check out what Sygic has done.

The application looks very pretty with the fancy 3d view and is also packed with the features you would expect like voice prompts, POIs, multiple country support, directions, the maps stored locally on the phone (Europe=2gb), etc etc etc.

The bad news? The public probably will not see this app any time soon. Sygic plans on submitting it to the AppStore soon and the odds of it being rejected are nearly 100% since Apple has already made it clear that they do not accept these types of apps. Further bad news is that Sygic does not plan on distributing this as a jailbreak app if it fails Apple approval.

Still looks pretty though . . .

I hope you didn't write this sensationalist article - just because everyone else is talking about how hardline Apple is on approving applications for the App Store, doesn't mean they scoff their noses at anything that you might find 'useful' and allow through all the crap Fart apps (even though it seems that way).

If it uses public APIs and Cocoa Touch classes in the SDK documentation, there is no valid reason for Apple to reject the application, since it doesn't duplicate any functionality already in the device.

I'll summarise your piece into one line:
    OMFG THIS APP IS SO COOL, BUT APPLE ARE LIKE NAZIS AND WON'T APPROVE IT LULZ!!!11!!1!!cos(0)11!!

Apple probably wont accept these types of apps, yet they accept farting and yo momma jokes apps. Way to go Apple. If I get lost, I can fart my way back home and drop a couple of Yo Momma jokes to those I stop out with when asking for directions.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW... this thing really looks like a true GPS unit, down to the small details such as the bar that shows how strong the GPS signal is. Would love to have something like this, I am always leaving the GPS in another car when it would be useful. Sure I can help myself find where to go with what is currently on the iphone, but this looks beautiful and with turn by turn looks damn near perfect. The only thing I fear about seeing it someplace like the appstore is the potential cost. Something like this would probably go for $100, and for that price I feel I may as well get a dedicated GPS unit. Not to mention all the storage space I would save by doing that.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Yeah but GMap is US only at the moment...
    I got it even tho I am based in UK becos I can download maps for (nearly) free in UK but would run up HUGH roaming charges in USA.

Maybe when gmaps has Eu I will go for that.

BUT - Apple Cripple again... How many nav applications are there for WM and symbian devices - can't count them - and how many for iPhone?
    They are daft to keep on doing this.. !"$%^ control freaks..

I would pay 25 at least for Eu maps..

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

This is so upsetting! I really want this app! As the other person said... there is apps that fart, burp, puke and to pick a nose and yo momma..... they are nothing but useless apps.... look at the fart apps... most of them are free now..... why? Because with those apps you heard one goofy fart you heard them all because most people that bought them say the same thing..... they all sound fake!

Apple.... wake up and accept this app please.... this is something WE WANT AND NEED! I just hope if Apple doesn't accept this app then they will let us use it as a jailbreak app!

Please one of you let us have it! LOL

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by politik View Post
    I hope you didn't write this sensationalist article - just because everyone else is talking about how hardline Apple is on approving applications for the App Store, doesn't mean they scoff their noses at anything that you might find 'useful' and allow through all the crap Fart apps (even though it seems that way).

If it uses public APIs and Cocoa Touch classes in the SDK documentation, there is no valid reason for Apple to reject the application, since it doesn't duplicate any functionality already in the device.

I'll summarise your piece into one line:
    OMFG THIS APP IS SO COOL, BUT APPLE ARE LIKE NAZIS AND WON'T APPROVE IT LULZ!!!11!!1!!cos(0)11!!
    I read it more as "apple has already rejected appstore apps made for GPS by large companies such as TomTom and, therefore, will most likely reject this one made by some random at home developer."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

iPhone? More like MyPhone Miro89's Avatar
    Thanks

Would it be free??

if it is then gr8 and if it gets into the appstore many ppl who are on 2.0 would be dissapointed since all of the new apps are for firmware 2.2
    so i hope that if it gets rejected by apple it comes to cydia so evry1 can enjoy it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post

Apple.... wake up and accept this app please.... this is something WE WANT AND NEED! I just hope if Apple doesn't accept this app then they will let us use it as a jailbreak app!

Please one of you let us have it! LOL
    If Apple doesn;t accept it, it is unlikely they will release it. Well at least I think so... so much time went into this they probably don't want to make it free. That being said, with Apple going out and saying that they believe jailbreaking to be illegal I would also expect developers to be weary of asking for money for apps that only run on jailbroken systems.

I do wonder why companies put all that effort into developing apps that they know are going to be rejected. Is it just to raise their profile - "see what we can do"?

Or do they take the long view, that Apple may at some point in the distant future change their stance, and figure if they've already got a product developed they could hit the ground running and be first to market on the app store?
    My guide to customising Buuf2! / Create your own Buuf2 icons! / Buuf2 iPhone wallpapers flickr pool!
    Having trouble finding a Buuf2 icon? Search the thread with the paperclip!

seriously if apple rejects this one,apple is off my cell phone list permanently

Quote Originally Posted by odbtgdy View Post
    one less device to buy?
    Yup, you can count on Apple to develop an iNav or something, just as an excuse not to let through an app that they didnt think of first!

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    If Apple doesn;t accept it, it is unlikely they will release it. Well at least I think so... so much time went into this they probably don't want to make it free. That being said, with Apple going out and saying that they believe jailbreaking to be illegal I would also expect developers to be weary of asking for money for apps that only run on jailbroken systems.
    I wonder if there would be a "leaked" beta floating around...

(take that Apple, and your anti-jailbreaking soapbox!)
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

I do wonder why companies put all that effort into developing apps that they know are going to be rejected. Is it just to raise their profile - "see what we can do"?
    I guess it's pretty much ported & refined version, not new development from scratch. They already have been releasing the software for many other platforms... so no need to care about their effort bringing this to iPhone which is just another platform.

Default It looks really good.
    in the event Apple does not approve. I'm willinng to pay for the software if it's available as a jailbreak app. They should give it as a trial period and buy if you like it. I won't mind to pay for it. They need support for development.

Integra93_4

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default hate to admit it
    Well Iphone is getting a lil behind now. I c the tmobile G1 coming out with some pretty cool features.. Yea iphone touch is far beyond's g1 but everything on the g1 is free as far as ik. The gps isnt far away from coming out for them either. I will personally try out the next iphone and if it doesnt have the basic needs such as mms or flash then im srry to say im jumping the boat. ........ ok just found out G1 is coming out with NAV1 gps system on the 24th of Feb. MAN thats sooo gayy
    Last edited by NumbaOneI; 02-19-2009 at 12:25 PM. Reason: g1 NAV1 gps is coming this feb 24th. WTFF!!!

this is really awesome and really useful for those people who travel a lot!
    but if it is rejected from appstore why not puttin it on cydia?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    they will probably charge on cydia but my question is if they do come out with it, will it actually work good??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast