+ Reply
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Officially Claims Jailbreaking Illegal

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
for apple to say that is alot of bull. we paid good money for our iphone. when they first came out they wanted close to $800 for one iphone. and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool That's Bull
    for apple to say that is alot of bull. we paid good money for our iphone. when they first came out they wanted close to $800 for one iphone. and now they are about 300 for one iphone. and we paid good money to do what ever we want. if we to open up our iphone to its fullist then who says we cant. i paid good money to do it all. apple shouldnt get mad because this jailbreak sells their iphone like nothing before. thats what i say about this topic.

iPhone? More like MyPhone OneRing2Rule's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple.
    Can.
    Kiss.
    My.

Twice, once for each cheek.
    If I've helped you or even just made you laugh, hit Thanks. Every time you do, an iPhone gets jailbroken. FREE THE iPHONES!!!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OneRing2Rule For This Useful Post:

Landslideclothing (02-15-2009), pauljulian (02-16-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A.T View Post
    Why would someone have MySMS on an iPod Touch?
    If I had an ipod Touch I'd have MySMS BECAUSE I CAN!

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This new stand by Apple is spreading fast. I just read a press release from Fruity Pebbles stating: It is now illegal to add milk to the cereal because it alters the crisp and taste of their property. Buyers beware...

I have a feeling this stance by Apple is more because of future revenue. Apple knows what is wrong with their phones and i have a feeling they intended on adding such essentials as MMS, landscape texting, and the ability to completely customize the phone with future models. Give the consumer something they think they want, let them realize what they really do want and make more money by finally giving it to them.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Luded83 For This Useful Post:

The Digital Alchemist (02-24-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread is absolutely hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Between the horrible analogies and the flat out stupid examples, the comedy is reaching a critical limit.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jetlorider's Avatar
    Thanks

police state!!!

welcome to digital police world

fudge these nerds at Apple.....jailbreaking an iphone is a close as I can get of being a hacker/cracker...no way they going to take that from us.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

say what you wanna say, and let apple try to swing their fists at you to scare you off, hacking, jailbreaking, modification of any modern technology will always happen, and will always continue to =]

now go enjoy your iphones anyway u choose =]

say what you wanna say, and let apple try to swing their fists at you to scare you off, hacking, jailbreaking, modification of any modern technology will always happen, and will always continue to =]

now go enjoy your iphones anyway u choose =]
    Last edited by movalwebmaster; 02-14-2009 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Unfortunately, what they're probably going to do is not go after the people who jailbreak their phones, but after sites like modmyi.com, take them to court and hope they can't afford the lawyers thus shutting them down. Hopefully that doesn't happen >.<

Anyway, they're making the Palm Pre more and more attractive with every day that passes.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nictoo2 View Post
    My jailbroken ipod touch wont turn on!!!!!
    It happened after this was announced!!
    Dont jailbreak!!!!!!
    Un Jailbreak now!!
    Hello Steve Jobs. Your a tosser.

Its like this.
    Iphone + Jailbreak = sales
    360 + modded firmware = sales
    PS3 + ....nothing = LESS SALES
    Wii + modchip = sales

So, iPhone + NO JAILBREAK = less sales, crap phone, choose a better phone.

If they do make jailbreaking illegal you will notice a drop in iphone sales.
    I also think Apple want to make jailbreaking illegal as you can block thier kill apps signal they have.
    They can send out that kill app message as many times to my phone but as long as the block is there they cant do a thing about it. If its not jailbraked then they can delete apps at thier will. That whould be illegal. They will end up removing apps you paid for because they can.

This is another reason why I will never buy anything Apple in the future.
    I also think with this mentallity from Apple there will be a few MAC users getting PCs in the new future. Why have a company doing that to thier users? Where is the old saying gone "The customer is always right" as it looks like Apple is thinking all its customers are thieves and hackers.

As 90% if the replies here say and I will too.... F*** You Apple.
    Last edited by NakedFaerie; 02-14-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone derrickb16's Avatar
    Thanks

Screw what apple is saying we all "paid" for iphone so it's now our property I'm not renting nor leasing my phone so screw them

I mean its not like the police is going to bust down millions of peoples doors and arrest them for it what could really happen? this is one of the funnest things ever

Police: Sir, is there anything illegal on you that I need to know about?
    Me: No, all I have is my iPhone
    Police: Sir is this iPhone jailbroken?!
    Me: uh....yes
    Police: Sir You have the rights to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law
    Me: wtf did I do?!
    Last edited by derrickb16; 02-14-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    IF I'VE HELPED YOU BE SURE YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to derrickb16 For This Useful Post:

Landslideclothing (02-15-2009)

Thanks

"This new stand by Apple is spreading fast. I just read a press release from Fruity Pebbles stating: It is now illegal to add milk to the cereal because it alters the crisp and taste of their property. Buyers beware..."

This was by far the funniest thing I read all day!! I started spitting my drink out as I read this. I think everyone has pretty much said everything I feel.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i honestly cant see why apple is complaing its get a mess load of more money for the ppl that buy the iphone for the sole purpose of jailbreaking there 600 dollar toy and taking advantage of all it has to offer and besides they're are still making money!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Luded83 View Post
    This new stand by Apple is spreading fast. I just read a press release from Fruity Pebbles stating: It is now illegal to add milk to the cereal because it alters the crisp and taste of their property. Buyers beware...
    lmao..Thanks I needed that

Green Apple
    Thanks

lol selling the iphone for 400-500$ and then putting restriction on as well!!! it doesn't really make sense. the only thing that should come with iphone must be the user manual not the restriction manual.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    This thread is absolutely hilarious for all the wrong reasons. Between the horrible analogies and the flat out stupid examples, the comedy is reaching a critical limit.
    Im not following...
    Herp a derp a derp a doooo!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to boe_dye For This Useful Post:

The Digital Alchemist (02-24-2009)

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    Im not following...
    I think you are what he is talking about.

but really, simple fact, apple is making money on the hardware, jailbroken or not, they could careless about you jailbreaking, but you start stealing paid apps they care, and to me it seems like that's what this is aimed at. stop you from jailbreaking, stop you from stealing and installing paid apps.

AT&T doesn't care, the latest firmware blocked unlocking again. Now if you waited and did what the dev team said then you are fine there. New iPhones are hit and miss now, most of them here at 2.2.1 out of the box. Even the tech ppl help us setup our iphone off of the iphone plans and getting mms working.
    Last edited by designgears; 02-15-2009 at 12:13 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iChopPryde's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazdad24 View Post
    Some times i wish Apple didn't make a recovery years back.. Somebody at some time would have built a touch screen phone like the iphone and instead of holing it back would have embraced the hole idea. The only reason i came to apple was the phone. I have always hated the prices and niche they resemble and pisses me off to see little bitchs like him hold things back. copy paste. video, mms all of the things that anybody who created such a fantastic peace should do... He truly may have a vigina
    Completely disagree with you, iPhone has actually opened the market into phones allowing a mass of awesome abilities most people who make a phone example palm then have to get it on a network like AT&T then usually AT&T will say cool phone but take out this this and this because and disable this this and this feature .... so then Palm or any other maker even if the phone was cool to begin with but ath networks never wanted a phone to have all abilities cause they you wont need another phone then the iPhone came out breaking all these rules and taking charge of there own phone instead of AT&T being the front head of the phone if you know what i mean and now other companies are following the same path the makers of the phone make the phone and the networks just support the phone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jordo_6's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPhone is 1 step away from being perfect, it does everything I want thanks to jailbreaking.

one thing I would like is a nice all in one sms/mms etc sender, I don't like having more than one app just to do nearly the same thing.

but even so without jailbreaking. the iPhone is nice, but not awesome.

It just can't do everything without it.

I think lots of people would still buy knowing they can make the iPhone better by jailbreaking which means more money for Apple.

But if Apple want jailbreaking illegal, people might not buy a iPhone knowing that they can't legally make the phone do what they want.

And what does that mean? no money for Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default lol ...jealous
    my point of view is...."jealous",-----apple is jealous....

because...

1. we could do more with r phones then they take out on there buggy updates lol

2. dev teams.big boss..etc...doing a better job taking out utilities thats apple cant think of...lol

3.and plus apple looks at all the stuff that iphone could do jailbroken...and copys it...example jailbroken then (insatller)
    then apple says wow we should do somthing like that too -->and lets call it(app store)

4.i dont think apple is going to make jailbreaken illegal...they will loose big money....there not that DuMb?
    1.1.4 Unlocked & Jailbroken <----THATS WHAT THE NOOBIE SAID

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iI agree with royalnewjersey on this jailbreaking and unlocking to diff things but ..., u still gotta moddify the bb witch apple states is a no no, but listen and read to the last 3 paragraphs of the post .., this all will be a cat and mouse game till the day we die