Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Officially Claims Jailbreaking Illegal

wow, whats next, Ford will release that drivers can't mod their mustangs... apple are a bunch of commies, I paid alot of money for this iphone and i'll do whatever the hell I want with it!

Thanks

if they spent less time preventing jailbreak, and more time allowing features that we want, jailbreak would not be needed!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Financial transaction is an event or condition under the contract between a buyer and a seller to exchange an asset for payment.
    Apple owned the iPhone
    I gave Apple money
    The iPhone is now mine

I'll do whatever I want to my iPhone and they don't have a say in it at all.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

They are ticked off because we know how to use their hardware and software the way it was meant to be used. They are ticked because they didnt think of it first. Their just being a bunch of p****** because we got fed up with not getting what we asked for so we made it ourselves. What are they gonna do to me if i do jailbreak it? Sue me? Go for it. They thought their "void warranty" bs was gonna scare people from doing it, but it didn't so now they are gonna just threaten us... My $600 phone hell i'll put that S*** they call windows mobile on it if I want to so go screw urself.

Oh and I loved the Ford Car comparison!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicBlood17 View Post
    It's my iPod. I paid for it so i can jailbreak it if i want to. Apple overprices their apps and I dont feel like paying for them. Why do they care if we take a risk at screwing up our iPods and iPhones?
    It's our choice so why don't they just leave us be? What exactly are the consequences of having a jailbroken iPod/iPhone anyways?
    The only reason apple has a problem with it is because your stealing apps from the private websites. Stealing obviously is illegal so that's why they're so fussy about it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone elsgk2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ca3 View Post
    if they spent less time preventing jailbreak, and more time allowing features that we want, jailbreak would not be needed!!!!!
    That's right! (I feel like the gavel just hit)
    *T*Mo**

Default Jailbreak vs. Apple has a stick up their @$$
    I don't mean to beat a dead horse here,(R.I.P. Mr. Ed), but as stated in previous posts, Apple could just stop pussy footing around alot of these programs and just develop them as fast as we can. They are just pissed cause everyday common folks, some of whom have no higher education, can produce a viable FREE product to a wide variety of people in NEED. They are sitting in their highly paid offices TRYING to figure out ways to profit instead of making us want MORE. It's basic supply and demand, and if they dont supply, we demand to find it elsewhere.

Power to the Pwner!

And I'm out this *****!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to drswaar For This Useful Post:

mbaharvard (02-14-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Although I can understand where Apple is coming from, my $200 phone is my property, and I am entitled to it. Another car referrence: Ok, say I get a loan for a car. I get the loan, and get the car. We all know how this works, you get the loan, take the money to the dealership, they give you the car, but the bank the title. But of course after you pay off the loan the car and the title is yours. This is how Apple thinks. They think that since you bought their phone, you have to use THEIR services with THEIR programs......That's not how is works

Don't they have bigger fish to fry?,...Seriously...

all well said.back in the day you bought a pc.and it was capabile of a lot but realy could do nothing until you bought the software.m/s office roxio adobe norton or macafe.get my point you decide what programes you need for your use and they came from every where.open pcs.it is absurd apple should take this aproch..$$$$but there gready.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I think we should sue Apple isn't Apple infringing on our rights? If I pay "x" amount of dollars do I not own the device? Its like if I buy a laptop from dell... does dell own or control what applications I install or erase? Does it control what hardware I add to it? NO! It has the right to deny me warranty sure... but anything above that.. please try...

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    what exactly are you talking about?
    hes just stating the fact that all the apps he listed will not be allowed in the appstore by apple,

**********, a replacement for the appstore, you can download all the cracked ipas on you iphone via wifi 3g or edge without paying a single penny for it.

crackolus, is a ipa cracker, it will take a normal ipa bought off the appstore and crack it on you iphone when put in a certain folder so it can be used on other devices

spoofapp, an app where they let you spoof you caller id, it worked, my friend was confused lol

clippy, the only copy and paste program on the iphone available,

we jailbreak to get sms where we can type sideways, (bitesms)(btw bitesms allows you to change to carrier or bitesms messaging, not like before where it only allowed you to send messages over bitesms), we jailbreak to get normal everyday apps we use on pcs on the iphone

the iphone is like a mini laptop, on an original laptop or computer we can pretty much anything without then giving a damn, now the same thing is happening on the iphone, especially since they were able to shrink mac osx and port it on the iphone, and now apple is going against this?

were boosting their sales, if apple never had jailbreak to begin with, they would fail as a company, and fall greatly just like realeasing vista for PC, especially with their stupid clickwheel laptop innovation....

,,!,, -.- ,,!,, read between the lines apple

I don't understand apple. I know the numbers vary according, but somewhere between 30%-50% of 1st gen iphones were sold and jailbroken in countries which weren't supported. If anything apple owes the jailbreaking community it's phenomenal success in iphone sales!

I know it is apple's right to develop and sell whatever product is wants. If apple feels this strongly against jailbreaking I will gladly accept a refund for the $500 US I paid for my 1st gen last year...and then use that money to buy an android.

i just bought a new dell all ready loaded but the programs i dident like i replaced. its the same deal whats ilegale about that

Apple... You Shall Not Pass! (Imagine Gandalf with an iPhone instead of a scepter... you get the idea)

LOOK OUT DON'T SLIDE DOWN!

This is a real slippery slope. Apple or Microsoft could easily try to twist this lawsuit into "Well, to run software on a Mac or a Windows PC, it needs to be approved by us."

It's going to be like the fabled "Mattress Police". Of course everyone has seen that mysterious tag that says it is illegal to remove it. Well now, if Apple has their way, it will be illegal to remove that virtual tab. If they actually succeed in this, are they going to prosecute Steve Wozniak? Really. He's done it on video, he talks about it. Come on. You gotta sue the Woz first.

Liberty: immunity from arbitrary exercise of authority.

Corporations say that "money = speech". Well perhaps "no money = mute collapse".

If a Corporation falls in a forest of inane lawsuits, and no one buys their products if they win or lose, does anyone care?

Thanks
    Default Copy and Paste
    Clippy and hClipboard. Need I say anything else! I have been an iphone fan since the day I bought the original iphone on 9-15-2007, after my first jailbreak and joining "modmyiphone"on 10-31-2007 I was hoping that copy/paste would happen. I waited on apple... still nothing! To apple: stop blocking useful apps and wasting effort on stopping the community who already gave you hundreds of dollars for each iphone and listen to what "we" your customers want! Hell charge 99c! I'd pay it so you will stop 8itching!
    Apple Mac Book Pro 15.4" - 2.0 gHz Intel Core Duo, 320gig HDD, 2gig RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB Video Card
    Toshiba X205-Sli Custom 17" - 2.0 gHz Intel Core Duo, 2x 320gig HDD's, 4gig RAM, 2x(sli) NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512MB Video Card, Dell e310(home server)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MusicBlood17 View Post
    It's my iPod. I paid for it so i can jailbreak it if i want to. Apple overprices their apps and I dont feel like paying for them. Why do they care if we take a risk at screwing up our iPods and iPhones?
    It's our choice so why don't they just leave us be? What exactly are the consequences of having a jailbroken iPod/iPhone anyways?
    I'd have to correct you there , It Are the developers who set the price of the apps , not apple as you mentioned here

If it were not for jailbreaking, there would be no appstore. I would now have a blackberry and some other mofo would be using my old iphone, checking his email and checking the weather in foreign countries until the novelty disappears, while Im playing games and sending mms on mine.

I will not buy an iphone if i can't jailbreak it.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast