Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Officially Claims Jailbreaking Illegal

Thanks

Sorry Happy Noodle boy, I think your are wrong on your analogy. Jailbreaking is necessary for unlocking as well as allowing a person to run applications that are not in Apple's App Store. (Clippy, Cycorder, etc)

If a person has an jailbroken/unlocked iPhone and decides to install a cracked application, that action is illegal not the process of jailbreaking an iPhone. There is a difference.

iPhone? More like MyPhone cockyjeremy's Avatar
    Thanks

So.. they're saying they're against jailbreaking. Well.. isn't that nice. Too bad. I'm doing it anyway. After jailbreaking my original iPhone i decided that if i couldn't have a jailbroken iPhone, i really had no reason to have an iPhone at all. Cydia is like the App store x10. Sorry, Apple.. if you want me to keep buying new iPhones as they come out, i'm jailbreaking. =)

Thanks

What's your problem, Apple? Because people are changing their carriers doesn't mean you have to make jailbreaking illegal. Consumers have the right to do stuff with their iPhones and iPod touches. You are just violating consumer laws, Apple. It's not like a matter of life or death. You don't have to worry about me because I own a iPod touch. Like other users said, people will buy your products. GET REAL APPLE!!!
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

Noodle Boy, I challenge your analogy as well... Using that analogy, shooting someone in the head is illegal... You have to have a gun to shoot someone in the head --> ergo, having a gun is illegal. Shoots that one full of holes... (pun intended)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I personally think this could seriously backfire on Apple. This reminds me of when Apple tried to sue Microsoft over the trash can icon. In the end, Apple lost it's claim of copyrighting iconic interfaces.

Raising public awareness will only cause dissent. They are definitely acting in a monopolistic manner with the App Store to begin with. A case of Apple harming the consumer could be made from this. How is forcing you to use iTunes and the App Store any different than when Microsoft tried to force Internet Explorer on you? Even with Microsoft you could still use other browsers.

There was a time when Microsoft acted much like Apple. Everyone thought Microsoft was unstoppable also. The bigger they are the harder they fall.

I trust the first person Apple will take to court over this will be Steve Wozniak? His phone is jailbroken and I'd love to see that court case.

I've never heard such tosh - it certainly isn't illegal anywhere in the EU - I know you have some strange laws in the USA (mind you, we have our fair share over here) but I can't believe Apple aren't just having a laugh!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

knaegten (02-13-2009), ufook (02-15-2009)

if u ask me i think this is like saying u buy a car and saying u cant fix what is broken/ make it better to your standards, either way its dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Noodle Boy View Post
    Cracking apps is illegal. You need to jailbreak to crack apps, ergo jailbreaking is illegal.
    What? Err no.

Stealing is illegal. You need hands to steal things, ergo hands are illegal.

b flipping s illegal lol... sew me
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

Ok guys and gals.... I am here to admit that I have never jail broke either one of my iPhones.... Yes I have been on this forum for awhile and have over 600 posts and have helped a lot of people out and let you all know when something new comes out and almost embarrassed to admit it but I have not... Apple are you happy?

I have paid for each and every app that is on my phone and is not.... besides the free ones that I have.... by the way Apple I need more damn pages on my phone Apple! And I don't mind paying for my apps....

BUT!!!!!!! I am also here to admit that I am damn tired of Apple not giving me what I want on this damn phone! I have been way to patient with you Apple!!!!!!! There are certain programs that I want and have been waiting for and with each and every firmware update there are not there and with both phones they are not there as of yet...

So..... APPLE GET THIS... READ THIS SENTENCE.... YOU HAVE PUSHED ME INTO JAILBREAKING MY IPHONES because you refuse to give me what I want on my phone and what I FEEL IS IMPORTANT to use and need.... I have completely lost my patience! And I have waited longer than I should have...

So..... within the next week or so I will be jailbreaking my phones!!!!!!!!! As for going to jail over jailbreaking... our court systems do not have the time to deal with such childish crap! The jails and prisons are way way over packed.......

Ok guys you can tease me now for not jailbreaking my phones... LOL

"Always remember your special and unique!"

Thanks

this shows you how money hungry apple are..they dont want people using crack apps so there scaring people with this BS so they can buy from the app store that way they can make more money..

plus its my iphone i can do what i want with it..dont tell me what to do apple..
    THANK ME THANK THANK AGAIN..

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Ok guys you can tease me now for not jailbreaking my phones... LOL
    No teasing - but I do think you will wonder why you didn't do it ages ago.

Welcome to the wonderful world of jailbroken iPhones!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Who cares! My iPhone, I do what I want! hehe

You all missed the point of why I said it. Of course jailbreaking isn't illegal.

The only reason they're going against it now after 2 years is because of cracked apps. Before then they could care less.

What would be awesome is the jailbreaking community takes a stand against pirated apps. You kill those, you kill any thread Apple has against jailbreaking.
    Last edited by Happy Noodle Boy; 02-13-2009 at 05:12 PM.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Happy Noodle Boy For This Useful Post:

reeko (02-15-2009), The Digital Alchemist (02-17-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    No teasing - but I do think you will wonder why you didn't do it ages ago.

Welcome to the wonderful world of jailbroken iPhones!
    Thank you...... I do not even know what the world is with a jailbroken iphone.... I do not mind paying for apps...... but like the turn by turn that is coming out.... I just can't live without that.... I really want it... LOL and I am sure I will want and like other stuff that I am not aware of yet....

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    I trust the first person Apple will take to court over this will be Steve Wozniak? His phone is jailbroken and I'd love to see that court case.

I've never heard such tosh - it certainly isn't illegal anywhere in the EU - I know you have some strange laws in the USA (mind you, we have our fair share over here) but I can't believe Apple aren't just having a laugh!
    Yeah I seen that Steve admitted his phone was jailbroken... I about died laughing and thought he was cool for doing it!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 02-13-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by thetoothfairy View Post
    Thank you...... I do not even know what the world is with a jailbroken iphone.... I do not mind paying for apps...... but like the turn by turn that is coming out.... I just can't live without that.... I really want it... LOL and I am sure I will want and like other stuff that I am not aware
    of yet....
    I don't mind paying for apps either - and some aps on Cydia you have to pay for but others such as copy and paste or video recording are free and really should have been provided by Apple. You can, if you want, customise the look and feel with Winterboard as well

Enjoy!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

lol

Thanks

Well I am fed up and want copy, paste and video and turn by turn... and the things I have been patiently waiting for.... as I stated Apple is pushing me into this.... Apple if you wanted more of my money all you had to do is allow the stuff I feel I need and want....

We must remember the statement from Steve..... it is a cat and mouse game..... and it will always be like that... in all of the years I have been into computers which is a long long time.. the hacking has never stopped....

The Hacker Manifesto

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals. We explore... and you call us criminals. We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals. We exist without skin color, without nationality, without religious bias... and you call us criminals. You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

Why doesnt apple just stop "F"ing around and just sell a bloody iPhone that is unlocked and Jailbroken? They can make a crap load selling these phones at $600-$700 a pop so why not do that rather than having people stealing iPhones with stolen credit cards like I saw the guy doing on the news the other night ($70,000 worth by just one guy). IMO Apple is actually creating a huge black market and there really is no need to.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456 14 ... LastLast