+ Reply
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Officially Claims Jailbreaking Illegal

is a discussion within the

iPhone News

forums, a part of the

General iPhone

section;
looking at what apple will and wont do there most likely not going to alow winterboard because it changes the icons the appliction owner set and the changing of anyother
    Thanks

looking at what apple will and wont do there most likely not going to alow winterboard because it changes the icons the appliction owner set and the changing of anyother defualt thinks that can be changed with winterboard.
    if u like spoofapp say goodbye to that to because apple said no already. stupid on there part
    and a ton more i could list the thousends of thinks but it would take days lol
    deff not going to alow clippy
    installious lol
    crackulouus lol again
    Last edited by lucas23; 02-13-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: *******
    Say No To Apple Jailbreak Declared Illegal
    Apple made it easy enough to jailbreak then we should be able to do what we want with our discovery.
    No One Ever Stopped You From Doing What You Want On Other Cell Phones, Then Why Start Now
    Let Are IPhones Be FREE

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

...Who cares?

Boo Hoo

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reeko View Post
    Simple explanation:

Applications available from Cydia that download and install paid for AppStore apps for free.

We all know what this app is.

Apple don't care if we unlock our iPhones or install Apps like cycorder/swirlymms, all these apps do is boost iPhone sales. That's all jailbreaking was until fairly recently.

The most comforting thing is, the fact that Apple has openly said something means that they can't stop it. If they have been letting it go on all this time and turning a blind eye, they would have said nothing and patched it with 2.2.2.
    youre a bit behind, im afraid. you have basically been able to put cracked app store apps on the 3g ever since about july 12th, 2008. it came out on the 11th

by the way- do any of you double space as much as i do on my pc sometimes? lol

Quote Originally Posted by lucas23 View Post
    looking at what apple will and wont do there most likely not going to alow winterboard because it changes the icons the appliction owner set and the changing of anyother defualt thinks that can be changed with winterboard.
    if u like spoofapp say goodbye to that to because apple said no already. stupid on there part
    installious lol
    crackulouus lol again
    what exactly are you talking about?
    Last edited by skj8100; 02-13-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Apple can say what-ever they want .... but that doesn't make it true.

Be mindful Apple shareholders, it's your $$$ that Apple is wasting. Innovation is a better use of their billions, not litigation !!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lucas23 View Post
    installious lol
    crackulouus lol again

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well maybe the creators of installer should of patented it so they could have sued Apple for copying what they made and calling it the App Store.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skj8100 View Post
    youre a bit behind, im afraid. you have basically been able to put cracked app store apps on the 3g ever since about july 12th, 2008. it came out on the 11th

by the way- do any of you double space as much as i do on my pc sometimes? lol

alright im not shore what your talkin about but im not a bit behind im saying do you want apple to some how stop cracked apps, jailbreaking and the hole 9 yards
    no 1 double spaces lol
    Apple made it easy enough to jailbreak then we should be able to do what we want with our discovery.
    No One Ever Stopped You From Doing What You Want On Other Cell Phones, Then Why Start Now
    Let Are IPhones Be FREE

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Just STUPID..
    I think this is just plain stupid, Next thing you know they will be saying it's illigal to repair your own Mac.. I am an AT&T rep, and an AT&T user and I pay my monthly fees just like everyone on the network with the iPhone does. Explain to me how if I want to jailbreak my phone just so I can change the themes, record videos, and get those GOOD apps that Apple won't allow. How is that illigal? If I want to throw your phone out a supercharged Ford at 140 MPH is that illigal? Only the whole speeding thing.. Jeez, get over it Apple.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

alright i paid 200 dollars for your phone apple
    i have rights as a person to do whatever the f i want to do with it

Thanks

finally some one who gets what im saying no one ever told you what to do with anyother phone what gives apple the right to start now its there first phone they ever made so they needa learn to SUCK IT UP !!!
    Let Are IPhones Be FREE

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I wonder if this will make jailbreaking even more difficult in the future.

Thanks
    long live the JB!!!

Apple is GREEDY!

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xaoa View Post
    alright i paid 200 dollars for your phone apple
    i have rights as a person to do whatever the f i want to do with it
    i paid $600-$100=$500 for my iphone, plus, canceled my amazing contract with sprint (virtually unlimited everything for $42 a month!).

i'm certainly doing what i want with mine!
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I agree with the post that I saw about how cracking apps and distribution of these apps in costing Apple billions. If they stop jailbreaking... they stop cracked apps.

Apple releasing a statement saying they THINK jailbreaking is illegal does in no way actually make it illegal so we have nothing to worry about at the moment or probably ever because it's no enforceable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Default I don't think so Apple....
    WOW, Apple keeps finding ways to stifle their momentum in the market. Does Apple realize how many people are using their iPhones that are jailbroken and unlocked with other carriers. I think it is Apple that needs to start thinking differently.

Supreme Court OKs Cellphone Unlocking Suit | Threat Level from Wired.com
    Supreme Court OKs Cellphone Unlocking Suit
    By David Kravets May 27, 2008 | 4:00:05 PMCategories: Mobile Phone Unlocking
    The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday dashed a bid by T-Mobile and AT&T to stave off a class-action lawsuit challenging the carriers' policies against unlocking mobile phones.

The justices declined to review an October decision by the California Supreme Court that cleared the way for a lawsuit that attorneys claimed could represent "millions" of California customers.

In response to similar lawsuits, Verizon and Sprint, both CDMA carriers, have agreed to provide the software code to unlock cell phones after customers nationwide have completed their original contract, attorneys said. "That was the compromise we ended up with to get the cases settled," said California attorney Robert Bramson, one of the lawyers suing carriers T-Mobile and AT&T.

T-Mobile and AT&T fought the lawsuit all the way to the nation's high court. The two carriers, on the GSM network, are accused of unfair business practices by locking down their phones to their service plans. Last year, Librarian of Congress James H. Billington listed cell phone unlocking as one of six new exemptions to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, or DMCA.
    This pretty much says that cell phone unlocking does not violate DMCA.

The cell phone unlocking exemption covers cases where cell phone software locks are circumvented "for the sole purpose of lawfully connecting to a wireless telephone communication network."
    At least Yellowsn0w should be legal and possible jailbreaking. Jailbreaking is part of the process necessary to unlock an iPhone and should also be the consumers right to run the applications of their choice. My statement does not include the use of illegally pirated software.

I think Apple has the right to ban jailbreaking and void an iPhone's warranty, but not to make it illegal to jailbreak or unlock. In the end, Apple will lose this argument and further alienate its loyal followers.

Livin the iPhone Life Happy Noodle Boy's Avatar
    Thanks

Cracking apps is illegal. You need to jailbreak to crack apps, ergo jailbreaking is illegal.

I knew this would happen once the AppStore got broken into. Before everything was all fun and games and they just kinda turned their back in jailbreaking. Now that it's costing them some serious money, they're taking a stronger stance on it.

It's how businesses work. They NEED to show a strong face against stuff like this so their stock holders think they're doing something about it when in reality there's little to nothing they can do sadly.

I would love to see them increase their security/DRM on applications and the store in general. If they can kill cracking without messing up a jailbreak, everything would be much better.

I'm a helpful jerk, fear me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I can totally understand how Apple is mad at people cracking apps. Most of them are what? 1-3 dollars? Are people really that cheap they can't shell out 5$ from scrabble? or 99c for a tip calculator? Not only does it cost Apple a slight amount of money (they make 30% of what the price it's sold at is right?) But it scares away developers who are putting time and money into developing apps (for instance, that RX drug app).

I love my Jailbreak iPhone, but I can see why they want to stop Jailbreaking if it's going to start hurting the Appstore and the developers who will turn their back on the iPhone.

Seems to me like a few people decided to poke the sleeping dragon in the wrong spot. Good Job.

Thanks

well point is in my signature and im done posting because too many people like to change up my words
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<=================================================
    page 2 i beleve lol
    but it is a very debatable topic
    have fun but i cant keep coming back to prove the point thats siting in front of you
    we bout it, its are phone, apple got are money from $200 and ive even herd up to 6 - and 700 people have payed ( i no thats high, but true)
    APPLE NEEDS TO SHUT THE HECK UP ABOUT THE HOLE THING
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 02-13-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    Let Are IPhones Be FREE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RWADE View Post
    And i refill my windex bottle from the gallon jug of the discount brand glass cleaner, its just ridiculous and they feel like they dont have control over their own product but on the upside for Apple, jailbreaking and the ability to customize a phone to be our own and do what we need it to do rather then navigating throught the same boring ui like other cell phones is what has made there sales to the point they are. So i say if we're not following your guidelines but making you filthy rich in the process isn't that a fair trade?
    "Exactly" I don't think the iPhone would be the #1 cell phone if it wasn't for the "hackers" so Apple just shut up and thank them already.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dogdaysunrise's Avatar
    Thanks

I read that there are more jailbroken users than regular users.
    HAHAA!!!
    ...and what made apps possible in the first place anyway....wasn't it installer and cydia.....???

I don't like it and Apple refused to repair my jailbroken iphone!
    How stupid is that, I can restore it via itunes and then bring it in for repair.....LAME!!!!

I do understand though that cracked apps are illegal and I am not parcipating in that.
    My times from the 90s where I had multiple cracked games on my c-64 or amiga are over.
    I also don't download free mp3s, I'll be more than happy to pay for music if the album is worth it......same with apps and/or themes I donated for on cydia.....